Football League Opta Facts - April 17th
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brighton vs Watford
- The last three meetings between these two sides have all ended 1-0 - two in the favour of Watford.
- None of the last seven matches between Watford and the Seagulls in Brighton have ended in a draw.
- The Seagulls have not scored in three successive league games.
- Brighton are the most fouled side in the Championship this season (565).
- Watford have lost only once in their last 10 league games.
Bristol City vs West Ham
- The Robins have netted just one goal in their last four matches against West Ham United.
- West Ham have lost just four of their 29 competitive games against Bristol City.
- Ricardo Vaz Te has scored in five successive appearances for West Ham, netting eight goals in the process.
- Bristol City are unbeaten in five league games (W2 D3).
Cardiff vs Derby
- Cardiff have won their last two league games against Derby by a three goal margin; including a 3-0 away win earlier this season at Pride Park.
- The Bluebirds have won five of their last six against Derby, losing the other.
- Cardiff are currently on the longest unbeaten run in the Championship - seven games.
- Derby have conceded just one goal in their last three league games.
Coventry vs Millwall
- The side playing at home have won this fixture on the last five occasions.
- None of the last eight matches between these two sides in Coventry have ended in a draw.
- Coventry have lost just one of their last nine league games, but five of these have ended in draws.
- Millwall have won three successive league games, they have not won four in a row since March 2010.
- Coventry will be relegated if they lose and Bristol City win vs West Ham.
Hull vs Barnsley
- Hull have lost just one of their last five games against Barnsley (W3 D1).
- Matty Fryatt has scored in his last two matches against the Tykes for Hull.
- Just one of the last 11 games between Hull and Barnsley has ended level.
- Only Doncaster (1) have won fewer points than Barnsley (4) and Hull (5) in their last eight Championship games.
- Only Reading (19) have kept more clean sheets in the league this season than Hull (18).
- Hull have the worst shot conversion in the league this season (9.1%), while Reading have the best (18.1%).
Ipswich vs Birmingham
- Birmingham have won their last three games against Ipswich, all by a single goal margin.
- The last six games between Birmingham and Ipswich at Portman Road have ended with a 1-0 scoreline.
- Birmingham have scored in 13 successive games in the Championship.
- Only Reading (46) have won more points than Birmingham (38) in the Championship in 2012.
Leicester vs Burnley
- The winning side has scored at least three goals in the last three meetings between Leicester and Burnley.
- Only four of the last 19 meetings between these teams have seen the home side end up as victors.
- The Foxes have given away 11 penalty kicks in the Championship this term; a league-high.
- Leicester City have also been given the most red cards (9).
- Just one of Burnley's last six league games have ended in defeat.
Middlesbrough vs Doncaster
- Middlesbrough have won eight of their last nine games against Doncaster Rovers.
- Boro have scored in all of their last 17 competitive league matches against Doncaster Rovers, last failing to net against them in 1902.
- Middlesbrough have scored only 20 goals in their 21 home games in the Championship this season.
- Doncaster have lost four league games in a row and have won none of their last 10.
Peterborough vs Southampton
- Only one of the previous six competitive meetings between these two sides have been won by the away side.
- The three meetings between these two sides since the start of last season have seen 16 goals scored in total.
- The Posh have kept just four clean sheets in the league all season; a league-low.
- Ricky Lambert has netted 11 goals in his last 10 games for the Saints.
- Only West Ham (475) have had more shots in the Championship this season than Peterborough (464).
Portsmouth vs Crystal Palace
- Portsmouth have lost just one of their last eight matches against Crystal Palace at home.
- Pompey have committed more fouls than any other team in the Championship this season (543).
- Portsmouth have conceded 11 goals in their last four league games.
- Palace have won just two of a possible 18 points in their last six Championship games.
- If Bristol City beat West Ham then Portsmouth will be relegated, whatever their result vs Palace.
Blackpool vs Leeds United
- Blackpool beat Leeds in their meeting at Elland Road earlier this season, winning 5-0 away from home.
- The Seasiders have committed the fewest fouls in the Championship this season so far (341).
- Leeds have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five league games away from home.
- Blackpool have only failed to score in one of their last 19 league games, but this was in their last match.
Reading vs Nottingham Forest
- Reading have won just one of their last seven games against Nottingham Forest.
- The Royals are on a run of five successive league wins.
- If Reading better West Ham's result at Bristol City then they will be promoted.
- Adam Le Fondre has scored five goals in his last six appearances for Reading, with four of those coming in the last two games. Those last four goals have all come as a substitute.
- Forest have conceded just one goal in their last five league games.
- Forest need one win to guarantee survival.
Stevenage v Carlisle
- The two sides have only met competitively on four previous occasions, with Stevenage winning the first two meetings and Carlisle securing victories in the last two clashes, including earlier this season (1-0 at home).
- Stevenage have failed to score in their last two meetings with the Cumbrians.
- There hasn't been a first-half goal scored (either for or against) in any of Carlisle's last seven games.
- Stevenage have lost just one of their last 12 games.
- The Cumbrians have shipped exactly one goal in eight of their last 10 games (not conceding at all in the other two).
Aldershot v Swindon
- The last four games between the two sides have produced a total of 17 goals, at a rate of 4.25 per game.
- On home soil, the Shots have now gone three games (in all competitions) without defeating the Robins (one draw and two defeats).
- Swindon have won each of their last four games, the longest current winning streak in the division.
- The Shots have scored exactly one goal in six of their last seven games (three 1-0s, two 1-1s, a 1-2), with the other game ended in a 1-0 defeat.
- The Robins' last three games have all ended 1-0, with the goal coming after the break.
Crawley v Northampton
- The two sides have only met on two previous occasions, with Crawley winning both - 1-0 away earliert his season and 4-2 at home in the FA Cup in 1991.
- Crawley are unbeaten in 11 games, a run only Crewe can currently better in league Two.
- Northampton have won just one of their last five fixtures.
- The Red Devils have conceded one or fewer goals in each of their last seven games, after shipping two in each of the three games before that run.
- In only one of the Cobblers' last five games on the road has either side scored more than once (2-1 to Accrington Stanley in March).
Shrewsbury v Port Vale
- Shrewsbury have enjoyed just one win in their last seven meetings with Port Vale, drawing three and losing three, although that victory did come last time out - 3-2 away back in September.
- On home soil, the Shrews are without a win against Vale in three games, drawing one and losing two.
- Shrewsbury are one of just two sides in all four divisions this season (the other being Man City) not to lose at home.
- Vale have enjoyed just one win in their last five games on the road.
- Shrewsbury have shipped just two goals in total in their last five games at New Meadow.