Football League Opta Facts - March 13
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Cardiff City v Hull City
- Hull have enjoyed just one win in their last five meetings with Cardiff, losing three and drawing one. However, that win did come in their last clash with the Bluebirds, 2-1 in October.
- The Tigers have only managed to score one goal in total on their last five visits to Cardiff.
- Cardiff players have scored a total of just two goals in the Bluebirds' last four games (their two against Bristol at the weekend were both own-goals).
- Hull have drawn their last five games, the joint-longest run of draws in the division this season.
- Cardiff have thrown away a joint-league-"high" 23 points from leading positions this season.
- Hull have shipped just five headed goals this season - no team has fewer this way.
Derby County v Nottingham Forest
- At Pride Park, the Rams have enjoyed just one win in their last four clashes with Forest.
- The last two meetings between the two sides have both produced a red card (both for Derby players).
- Steve Davies has bagged a total of three goals in his last three games for the Rams.
- Forest have won just one of their last four away games, losing two and drawing one (three of those games ended in a 2-1 scoreline, two defeats, one victory).
- 18 or one third of the goals Forest have conceded this season have come from headers, both league-"highs".
- A massive 42% of the goals Derby have scored this season (16 goals) have come between the 61st and 75th minute of their games, a league-high proportion.
Doncaster Rovers v Reading
- Reading are unbeaten in their last 10 meetings with Doncaster, winning nine and drawing one.
- The Royals have bagged a total of nine goals in their last three clashes with Rovers.
- Three of Donny's last four games have ended in a 1-1 scoreline.
- The Royals have won eight in a row in the league, the longest winning streak in the division this season.
- Reading have lost a league-"low" two points from leading positions this season.
- Donny are the division's lowest scorers at home this season, managing just 13 goals in their 16 home fixtures so far.
Leicester City v Birmingham City
- Leicester have enjoyed just one win in their last five meetings with Birmingham.
- At The Walkers Stadium, the Blues have netted exactly two goals on each of their last three visits (in all competitions).
- Neil Danns have scored in three of the Foxes' last four games (three goals in total).
- Birmingham have suffered just one defeat in their last 14 league games (winning seven and drawing six), although they are without a win in three games now.
- 54% of Leicester's goals this season have come in the first-half, a league-high proportion.
- Birmingham have shipped a joint-league-low four goals in the final 15 minutes of their games this season.
Colchester v Sheffield United
- Colchester have enjoyed just one victory in their nine meetings with Sheffield United (in all competitions).
- The U's have now kept three clean sheets in a row, the best current run of shut-outs in the division.
- The Blades have scored exactly two goals in each of their last four games, winning two and losing two (both defeats were by a 3-2 scoreline).
- United have shipped just three goals in the opening 15 minutes of their games, a joint-league-"low" figure.
Stevenage v Oldham
- The two sides have only met on one previous occasion, in a 1-1 draw earlier this season at Boundary Park.
- Stevenage have drawn each of their last three games, the longest current such run in the division.
- The Latics have lost their last two games by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Stevenage have lost just four points from leading positions this season, the best record in the division.
Tranmere v Preston
- Tranmere are unbeaten at home in their last seven home meetings with Preston, winning five and drawing two.
- Rovers have enjoyed just one win in their last 13 games, although did victory did come last time out (2-0 against Leyton Orient).
- Preston have failed to find the back of the net in each of their last four games, the joint-longest goalless run this season in League One.
- Rovers have clawed back just four points this season from losing positions, fewer than any other side.
Yeovil v Scunthorpe
- Scunthorpe have won each of their last six meetings with Yeovil, winning the last two by a 2-1 scoreline.
- The Glovers have suffered just one defeat in their last six games, winning two by a 3-2 scoreline (the defeat was also 3-2), two by a 2-1 scoreline and the other games 1-0.
- Only league leaders Charlton (two) and sixth-placed Huddersfield (one) have lost fewer away games than The Iron (five).
- Scunthorpe have thrown away a league-"high" 27 points from leading positions this season.
Wimbledon v Bradford
- The sides have only met on two previous occasions, both this season - Bradford won 3-1 at home in the FA Cup in December while Wimbledon won 2-1 away in the league in September.
- Wimbledon have picked up a league-high 19 points from losing positions this season.
- The Bantams have kept just one clean sheet in their last 12 games.
- Jack Midson has also scored in each of Wimbledon's last three games.
Crawley v Aldershot
- Crawley have enjoyed just one victory in their last five meetings with Aldershot, although that victory did come earlier this season, 1-0 away in September.
- Three of the last four meetings between the two sides have ended in a 1-0 scoreline.
- Crawley are without a win in six (drawing three and losing three). They have fallen from first to sixth in this spell.
- A league-high 58% of the goals the Shots have scored this season have come in the first-half.
Dag & Red v Northampton
- The sides have met on only three previous occasions, with Northampton winning all three, including a 2-1 home win in the league earlier this season.
- The Daggers have only managed one goal in total in those three meetings, and that came in the 90th minute.
- The Cobblers have thrown away 24 points from leading positions this season, only Hereford have let more slip (25).
- A league-high 32% of the Daggers' goals this season have been headers (10 goals in total).
Rotherham v Torquay
- Rotherham are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Torquay, winning two and drawing three.
- United have netted three goals in each of their last two meetings with the Gulls.
- Neither Rotherham or their opponents have netted more than one goals in any of the Millers' last seven games (three 1-0s, three 1-1s and a 0-0).
- Six of the Gulls' last nine games have ended in a 1-0 scoreline (all wins for Torquay).