French Ligue 1 Opta Facts: 11-12 April
Ligue 1 Opta Facts are the key statistics you need for your French football betting this weekend.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you the important facts to help your judgement each and every week.
Auxerre – Bordeaux
- Bordeaux have beaten Auxerre in their last three league encounters.
- Bordeaux have won their last three fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre have only scored twice in their last nine league meetings against Bordeaux.
- Auxerre are the only side in L1 to have always lost when conceding first this season in the top flight.
- Auxerre’s last four games have ended 2-0 (two wins, two defeats).
- Ireneuzs Jelen has scored in Auxerre’s last three home fixtures.
- 10 Bordeaux goals have been netted by substitutes, a record this season in L1. Only one Auxerre sub has scored, a league-low.
- Bordeaux have scored a league-high 13 goals in the first 15 minutes.
- 80% of Bordeaux’s goals on the road have been scored in the second half (16/20), the highest ratio in the league.
Le Havre – Caen
- Le Havre have never beaten Caen at home in the league (three defeats, two draws).
- However Le Havre have prevailed in their two confrontations against Caen this season: 1-0 in the first league meeting, and 3-1 in the league cup.
- Le Havre defensive midfielder Nicolas Dieuze scored in both games.
- Caen have failed to win in their last 15 L1 fixtures, currently the longest run.
- None of Le Havre’s last 18 competitive games have ended in a draw, currently the longest run amongst L1 teams.
- Le Havre is the only team in Ligue 1 yet to draw at home this season.
- Le Havre have only won 50% of the games in which they have scored first, the lowest ratio in L1.
- Caen have only won a league-low five games.
Le Mans – Sochaux
- Le Mans have lost their last two L1 fixtures.
- They have conceded at least two goals in each of their last four.
- Sochaux have only managed to win one of their last 17 away games in the league.
- Sochaux have won their last two league meetings against Le Mans.
- Sochaux are currently ranked 14th, their best position this season.
- Sochaux Czech striker Vaclav Sverkos is Ligue 1’s top scorer in 2009 with six goals, alongside Toulouse’s André-Pierre Gignac.
- Their four encounters at Léon-Bollée in L1 have produced 3.25 goals on average.
- Sochaux have never kept a clean sheet on the road this season in Ligue 1.
- Ryad Boudebouz (Sochaux) scored his first L1 goal in the first meeting against Le Mans this season, the youngster also scored in the previous match day.
Lille – PSG
- Lille have won their last four games, currently the longest run in L1.
- Lille have won their last six home fixtures, a record this season in the league.
- PSG are the most prolific attack in 2009 with 19 goals this year in L1.
- Lille have bagged a league-high 36 points at home.
- Paris SG’s Guillaume Hoarau is L1’s top scorer in the first half, with 11 goals before the break.
- Lille’s last seven goals in L1 have come from Michel Bastos (four) and Robert Vittek (three).
- Paris SG have failed to score in their last six visits at Lille in Ligue 1.
- PSG’s last win at Lille in the league happened 12 years ago, in 1997.
- Lille are the only L1 side yet co concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes.
Lyon – Monaco
- Lyon have won their last two L1 fixtures.
- Lyon have only kept one clean sheet in their last five league games.
- Lyon have beaten Monaco in their last three league meetings.
- Monaco have kept a clean sheet in their last two away fixtures in L1.
- Lyon have opened the scoring 19 times, a league-high this season, alongside Marseille.
- Lyon have always won when Karim Benzema has scored this season in L1.
- Their star striker has failed to score in his last six appearances at home in L1.
- Lyon haven’t conceded a goal before the 41st minute in 2009 in the league.
Marseille – Grenoble
- Marseille have bagged a league-high 26 points in 2009.
- Marseille have scored the most goals in L1: 48, alongside Bordeaux.
- Grenoble have scored a league-low 20 goals.
- Marseille have kept a clean sheet in their last five home games, currently the longest run in the league.
- Grenoble have failed to win any of their last nine away games in L1, scoring only four goals in the process.
- Marseille winter signing Brandao has scored in the last two match days.
- Marseille have only conceded two goals in 2009, they are the most solid defence in L1 this year.
- Marseille playmaker Hatem Ben Arfa, has scored six goals this season in L1, however he has failed to do so since the last time these teams met, on match day 13 (3-0).
Nancy – Valenciennes
- Valenciennes haven’t lost in 13 consecutive games, currently the longest run in L1.
- Their last six away fixtures have ended in draws; the last four have been goalless!
- Valenciennes have failed to win in their last 31 away games, currently the longest run in the league.
- Alongside St Etienne, Nancy are the only team yet to keep a clean sheet in 2009 in L1.
- Nancy have failed to win any of their last nine league fixtures, their worst run this season.
- Nancy have conceded a league-high 22 goals in 2009.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last four league meetings against Valenciennes (two wins, two draws).
Nice – Lorient
- Nice haven’t won in their last six consecutive L1 fixtures, their longest winless run this season.
- Lorient have bagged more points on the road (21) than at home this season.
- Lorient are the second-best attack on the road: 22 goals, only Marseille have scored more away from home.
- Nice have kept a clean sheet in four of their five league encounters against Lorient.
- Lorient have scored a league-high six goals in the last two match days.
- Nice have conceded two goals in each of the last three match days.
Rennes – St Etienne
- Rennes are unbeaten at home in all competitions this season.
- St Etienne have lost their last three league fixtures.
- St Etienne have only managed to win one of their last 16 away games in the league.
- Both teams lost 0-3 in the previous match day.
- Rennes have won three of their last four league encounters against St Etienne in L1.
- St Etienne have never kept a clean sheet on the road this season in L1.
- Rennes have only scored eight goals in 2009 in L1, only Grenoble have netted less this year (seven).
Toulouse – Nantes
- Toulouse have only lost one of their last 17 home fixtures in the league.
- Toulouse have only conceded one goal in their last five home games in Ligue 1.
- Nantes have failed to win any of their last eight league games, their longest winless run this season.
- Toulouse have conceded a league-low seven goals at home.
- Toulouse have only scored two goals in their last five league meetings against Nantes.
- Nantes won 4-0 in their last visit at Toulouse in the league, in 2006, Toulouse haven’t lost by such a high margin ever since in Ligue 1.
- 14 of André-Pierre Gignac’s 18 goals have been scored at home.