French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 12-13 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arles-Avignon - Montpellier
- Arles-Avignon have won only one of their 24 competitive games this season.
- Montpellier have conceded the opening goal in all three of their league games this year.
- Montpellier have scored more than two goals only once this season, and that was against Arles-Avignon last September.
- Olivier Giroud has scored seven goals in three games against Arles-Avignon (five with Tours last season, two with Montpellier this season).
- Arles-Avignon have only scored once in their last six league games.
- Montpellier are unbeaten in their last three away league games.
Bordeaux - Caen
- Caen have won only one of their 10 top-flight trips to Bordeaux, losing seven and drawing two.
- Caen have never kept a clean sheet in their 10 top-flight trips to Bordeaux, conceding at least two goals in nine of those games.
- Bordeaux have never scored more than two goals in their last 15 home league games.
- Bordeaux have not conceded a goal in the last 225 minutes of league football, currently the longest run in the division.
- Caen have lost four of their last five away league games.
- No player has scored more away goals than Caen striker Youssef El Arabi this season in Ligue 1 (8).
Monaco - Lorient
- Lorient have never won at Monaco in all competitions, suffering five defeats and three draws.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored five goals in his last three competitive games.
- There have been only 16 goals at Monaco's Louis II stadium, the lowest tally in Ligue 1 this season.
- Monaco have the worst attacking record at home this season with only seven goals.
- Monaco have failed to score in their last two league games
- Monaco have only kept one clean sheet in their last nine league games.
Nancy - Auxerre
- Auxerre have won their last two away league games at Nancy, scoring three times and conceding none.
- Nancy have lost their last four league games, the worst run currently.
- 50% of Auxerre's league games this season have ended with a 1-1 scoreline (11 out of 22).
- Auxerre have drawn the most league games this season : 13.
- Auxerre have failed to win any of their last nine league games, their worst drought since the 1998/99 campaign.
- Nancy and Auxerre are the only sides yet to play out a goalless draw this season in Ligue 1.
- Youssouf Hadji has scored three goals in his last two home league games.
Paris SG - Lens
- Paris SG are unbeaten in their last nine competitive encounters with Lens (six wins, three draws).
- Nenê has scored in each of his two games against Lens this season, in the league and French Cup.
- PSG have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 18 competitive games.
- PSG are unbeaten in their last eight home competitive games (six wins, two draws).
- PSG have scored at least two goals in each of their last seven home games, in all competitions.
- Lens have failed to win any of their last 12 away games in all competitions.
Sochaux - Marseille
- Sochaux will play Marseille for the 106th time, which makes it the most played fixture in the history of France's top-flight.
- Marseille have won all three league games against Sochaux since Didier Deschamps took charge of the club in summer 2009.
- Marseille have lost seven of their last nine league games at Sochaux.
- Only one of their last 19 encounters in the top-flight has ended in a draw.
- Marseille have drawn their last three away league games.
- Sochaux have scored the most goals at home this season.
- André-Pierre Gignac has scored six goals against Sochaux in Ligue 1, his favourite opponent alongside Nantes and St Etienne.
- Eight of Modibo Maiga's nine league goals this term have come at the Bonal stadium.
St Etienne - Lyon
- St Etienne's victory at Lyon's Gerland stadium last season ended a run of 20 league games without a win against their local rival.
- Lyon have not lost at St Etienne's Geoffroy-Guichard stadium since April 1994, a run of 10 games without a defeat.
- There were nine cards in the game between Lyon and St Etienne last September (eight yellows and a red), a Ligue 1 record this season.
- St Etienne have won their last two league games (2-1 against Toulouse and Montpellier).
- St Etienne are the only side to have scored in all their home league games this season while Lyon are the only side (with Nancy) who have failed to keep a clean sheet away from home.
- St Etienne players have scored braces in each of the last two league games: Bakary Sako against Toulouse (2-1) and Emmanuel Rivière against Montpellier (2-1).
Rennes - Nice
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last nine league games against Nice (four wins, five draws).
- Nice have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 12 league encounters with Rennes
- Rennes have won their last five league games at their Route de Lorient stadium, their best streak since the 2005/06 campaign.
- Rennes midfielder Yacine Brahimi has scored five goals in as many starts in 2011 (three in Ligue 1, two in the Coupe de France).
- Rennes have always lost when they have conceded the opening goal in Ligue 1 this season.
- None of Nice's last 13 league games has seen more than two goals scored.
Valenciennes - Brest
- Valenciennes have won none of their last 14 competitive encounters with Brest, suffering nine defeats and five draws.
- There has never been a draw in the five top-flight encounters between Valenciennes and Brest in Ligue 1: three wins for Valenciennes and two for Brest.
- Bruno Grougi has been directly involved in 48% of Brest's goals this season, scoring six goals and delivering five assists.
- 39% of Brest's goals have been scored in last 15 minutes of action, the highest ratio in the top-flight this season.
- Gael Danic has scored three goals in his last five home league games.
- Valenciennes have kept just one clean sheet at home this season in Ligue 1.
Lille - Toulouse
- Lille are unbeaten in their last six league games against Toulouse, with two wins and four draws.
- Only Lille (11 wins) have won more league games than Toulouse (10) in Ligue 1 this season.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last 12 league games in Ligue 1 (eight wins, four draws), the best current run.
- Lille haven't failed to score in their last 19 league games.
- Moussa Sow has scored 16 goals in Ligue 1 this season, the best tally for a Lille player since Pierre Pleimelding in 1979/80 (18 goals).
- Toulouse have lost their last three away games in Ligue 1.