French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 12-13 September
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Auxerre - Nice
- Auxerre are the only side yet to score this season. This is their longest goal drought in the top flight since 1992/93.
- Nice have conceded the most goals (eight) this season in the league.
- Auxerre have lost their two home fixtures this season.
- Nice have conceded seven goals and scored none in their last two matches in the league.
- Nice took the three points in both encounters against Auxerre last season, keeping a clean sheet in both matches.
- Nice's international striker Loïc Rémy has only scored once in his last 11 league appearances.
- Mamadou Bagayoko's last league goal was against Auxerre, in Nantes' 2-1 win on the last match day of last season.
Bordeaux - Grenoble
- Bordeaux have never scored more than once in four Ligue 1 meetings against Grenoble.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 15 fixtures in the league, currently the longest run.
- Grenoble have failed to win any of their last nine league matches, losing their last five, currently the longest runs.
- Grenoble have conceded the first goal in the four match days.
- The champions are unbeaten in their last 35 home matches in Ligue 1, currently the longest run.
- Bordeaux have scored at least once in each of their last 22 home matches in Ligue 1, currently the longest run.
- Yoann Gourcuff has scored a brace in each of Bordeaux's two home games this season.
Le Mans - Marseille
- The last three league meetings between these two sides have ended in draws.
- Marseille have never won at Léon-Bollée in the league: two defeats and three draws, scoring only once in the process.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last 10 away matches in the top flight, currently the longest run.
- The four matches involving Marseille have produced only five goals - a league-low.
- Le Mans have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Marseille have conceded only one goal so far, they are the league's best defence.
- Mamadou Niang has scored four goals in his last five league appearances.
Lille - Sochaux
- Lille are unbeaten in their last 11 league meetings against Sochaux (five wins, six draws).
- Sochaux have opened the scoring in their last three league encounters against Lille but only managed to pick up two points from a possible nine.
- Lille are among the three teams who have yet to win this season, their worst start since 1995.
- Sochaux have scored only two goals in their last seven away matches in the top flight.
- None of the last nine league matches involving Sochaux have ended in a draw.
- Tulio de Melo has netted three goals in his three starts for Lille this season in all competitions.
- Sochaux's four goals have come from attacking duo Charlie Davies and Vaclav Sverkos (two each).
Lyon - Lorient
- Lorient have never won at Gerland in the league (three defeats and two draws).
- Lyon have won only one of their last four league meetings against Lorient (two draws, one defeat).
- Marama Vahirua has netted four goals in his last seven appearances in the top flight. He has scored six goals against Lyon, which is more than against any other opponent in Ligue 1.
- Lyon have won their last five competitive matches, scoring 15 goals in the process.
- Five of Lyon's goals in the league have been netted by new signings, a league-high.
- Lisandro has scored five goals in his last three competitive appearances for Lyon.
- Lyon have won their last four home matches in Ligue 1.
Monaco - PSG
- Paris SG have suffered more defeats against Monaco than against any other side in the league - 37.
- PSG have only managed to win three times in 35 trips to Monaco in the top flight.
- Monaco have won their two home fixtures this season, Nene scoring on both occasions.
- PSG have taken the lead in the four match days.
- PSG have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 25 trips to Monaco in the league.
- PSG have scored three goals in each of the last three match days.
- Substitute Christophe Jallet has been directly involved in PSG's last three goals (two goals and one assist).
- Seven of Frédéric Nimani's eight goals in his career have been scored at home.
Montpellier - Lens
- First match between promoted sides this season.
- Lens won 1-0 in their trip to La Mosson last season in Ligue 2.
- Montpellier have won their last two league matches, scoring five goals and conceding none.
- Lens have already conceded three goals in the first 15 minutes, a league-high.
- Montpellier are the only side yet to concede a goal in the first half.
- 88% of Montpellier's goals have been scored after the break (seven out of eight), the highest ratio in the league.
- Issam Jemaa has netted six goals in his last 11 league appearances (Ligue 1 and Ligue 2).
Nancy - Toulouse
- Toulouse have failed to win any of their last eight trips to Nancy in the league (five defeats, three draws).
- Toulouse have only scored one goal in their last five visits to Marcel-Picot in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse had the best defensive record last season, so far they have failed to keep a clean sheet in their four fixtures.
- Since last season, Toulouse have only won 17% of their matches when international striker André-Pierre Gignac has failed to score.
- Nancy have already scored nine goals, equalling their tally in the first 11 match days last season.
- Nancy have conceded 36 goals in 2009, the worst defensive record this year in Ligue 1.
Rennes - St Etienne
- Rennes have won four of their last five league meetings against St Etienne.
- St Etienne have failed to score in their last three trips to Rennes in the league.
- Like last season, Rennes have been involved in the most draws - 3.
- Rennes have only lost one of their last 32 competitive home matches.
- Three players were sent off and three penalties were awarded in the last three matches involving Rennes.
- Veteran striker Mickael Pagis, who has yet to play this season, has scored six goals against St Etienne in his career - his favourite opponent.
Valenciennes - Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Valenciennes have lost their two home fixtures this season.
- Nine goals have been scored in the two matches played at Nungesser stadium; no ground has seen more this season.
- Boulogne have won five of their last seven competitive away matches.
- None of Valenciennes' last 10 home matches in the league have ended in a draw.
- New signing Mamadou Samassa has scored twice in his first four league appearances for Valenciennes, equalling his tally in 19 games for Marseille last season in Ligue 1.