French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 13th-14th August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.Ligue 1 Opta Facts
Auxerre v Marseille
- Didier Deschamps has yet to register a win against Auxerre in Ligue 1 since being appointed as Marseille's manager (three draws and one defeat).
- Marseille have become the first-ever team to register four consecutive 2-2 draws in Ligue 1 history.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last three league trips to Auxerre ((2-0, 0-0 and1-1).
- Laurent Fournier has never managed to defeat Marseille during his career as a Ligue 1 manager (one draw and two defeats).
- Loïc Rémy has become the first player to score in six consecutive Ligue 1 appearances since Alexander Frei between May and August 2004.
- Alou Diarra has picked up three yellow cards and a red card in his last three appearances at the Abbé Deschamps stadium in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre have failed to win any of their last nine league matches played in August.
- Dennis Oliech has scored more Ligue 1 goals against Marseille than versus any other side (three).
Evian v Nice
- Nice's three away games against promoted opposition last season all ended in goalless draws.
- Nice have won just one of their last 18 away league matches.
- Nice have won just four of their 24 Ligue 1 away matches under Eric Roy's management.
- Evian TG have won their last five competitive home matches.
- Since April, Nice have conceded more goals than any other team in Ligue 1 (23).
- Youssef Adnane has scored in his last three competitive appearances at Annecy's Parc des Sports stadium.
Lorient v Bordeaux
- Six of the last seven league matches at the Moustoir stadium have ended in a draw.
- Lorient's last home win in Ligue 1 was in February, against Bordeaux (5-1).
- Bordeaux conceded more goals in their 5-1 defeat at Lorient's Moustoir stadium than in any other match last term.
- Bordeaux have failed to win any of their last six away games in Ligue 1, failing to score in the last three.
- If Lorient fail to win against Bordeaux, they break the club's all-time record of seven consecutive home games without a win in Ligue 1.
- There has never been a draw between Lorient and Bordeaux at the Moustoir stadium in Ligue 1 (Bordeaux lead by four wins to three).
Lyon v Ajaccio
- Ajaccio have lost all of their 10 trips to Lyon in the top flight, conceding 25 goals in the process.
- Ligue 1 games between Lyon and Ajaccio have produced 3.4 goals on average.
- Ajaccio have not beaten Lyon in a competitive encounter since February 1973.
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last 15 home games in Ligue 1, currently the longest run.
- Lyon have scored more Ligue 1 goals than any other team this calendar year (38).
- Ajaccio have lost 13 of their last 17 away games in Ligue 1.
- Lisandro has scored 10 goals in his last 12 appearances in Ligue 1.
Rennes v PSG
- PSG have lost their last five trips to Rennes in Ligue 1, failing to score in the process.
- PSG have failed to beat Rennes in their last nine league encounters.
- Rennes have scored 12 goals in their three competitive games this season.
- PSG have kept only one clean sheet in their last 15 away games in Ligue 1.
- Paris SG have failed to win any of their last six league matches, currently the longest run.
- Frederic Antonetti has won seven of his 10 Ligue 1 encounters against Antoine Kombouare during his Ligue 1 managerial career.
- Julien Feret has scored in each of his first three competitive appearances as a Rennes player.
St Etienne v Nancy
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last seven league meetings against Nancy (four wins and three draws).
- St Etienne have failed to win any of their last four home games in Ligue 1 (drawing two and losing two).
- Nancy have scored only one goal in their last five trips to the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in Ligue 1.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last five league matches, winning three and drawing two.
- St Etienne have failed to score more than two goals in any of their last 33 league matches.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored in his last three Ligue 1 appearances in August.
Sochaux v Caen
- Caen have never won at Sochaux in Ligue 1, registering three draws and eight defeats.
- Sochaux scored six goals against Caen last season in Ligue 1, five of these goals were headed.
- The last four encounters between Sochaux and Caen in Ligue 1 have seen four players score a brace (Modibo Maïga, Steve Savidan, Sloan Privat and Rémi Gomis).
- Sochaux have won their last five home games in Ligue 1, their best run at the Bonal stadium since 1989.
- Caen are unbeaten in their last eight league matches, winning three and drawing five. Only title-holders Lille are on a longer run without defeat.
Toulouse v Dijon
- Toulouse have won both of their two competitive encounters against Dijon, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- Toulouse have won all of their last five Ligue 1 matches played in August.
- Toulouse have won their last three Ligue 1 matches, all by a 2-0 score line.
- New Dijon striker Brice Jovial has scored six goals in his last six competitive appearances (for Le Havre, Guadeloupe and Dijon).
- Toulouse have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three home games in Ligue 1.
- On Match Day 1, Dijon hit the woodwork twice, including a missed penalty, and had two goals disallowed.
Valenciennes v Brest
- Valenciennes have won all of their three home games against Brest in Ligue 1, scoring 10 goals in the process.
- Valenciennes have yet to lose at home this calendar year in Ligue 1.
- None of the six Ligue 1 encounters between Valenciennes and Brest have ended in a draw.
- Brest have picked up only 19 points in their 20 league matches this calendar year.
- Daniel Sanchez have won just three of his 17 Ligue 1 matches as a manager.
- Valenciennes are one of three teams who have yet to score a goal this season in Ligue 1.
- Since their return to the top flight, 42% of Brest goals in Ligue 1 have been either scored or assisted by Bruno Grougi.
- Five of the last six goals conceded by Valenciennes at home in Ligue 1 have come after the 80th minute.