French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 18-20 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arles-Avignon - Marseille
- Marseille have won none of their last 4 away league games.
- With only five points in their opening 5 games, Marseille are experiencing their worst start to a league campaign since 2005.
- Arles-Avignon have lost their first 5 league games this season.
- Arles-Avignon have failed to score a single goal in their two home games.
- 4 of Marseille's 8 goals this season have been scored in the final 15 minutes of the game.
Lorient - Caen
- Caen are unbeaten in their last 9 competitive fixtures against Lorient.
- The 4 encounters between Lorient and Caen in Ligue 1 have all ended in a draw.
- Lorient have scored in each of their last 13 home league games.
- After beating the top 2 teams from last season (Marseille & Lyon), Caen have failed to win any of their last three league games.
- Youssef El Arabi has scored half of Caen's goals in Ligue 1 this season : three out of six.
Monaco - Toulouse
- Monaco are unbeaten in their last four league encounters with Toulouse.
- Toulouse have lost seven of their last nine games in Monaco.
- 5 of Monaco's last 6 league games have ended in a draw.
- Toulouse have won their last three away league games.
- Daniel Niculae has scored in each of Monaco's last three league games, opening the scoring on each occasion.
Nancy - Brest
- Brest have not conceded a goal in their last 251 minutes of play, the longest current run in Ligue 1.
- Brest are unbeaten in their last 4 top-flight games against Nancy.
- Nancy have picked up 4 red cards in their first 5 games of the season.
- Nancy have lost their first two home games this season, conceding 5 goals and failing to score a single goal.
- Nancy have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 9 Ligue 1 games, the longest current run.
St Etienne - Montpellier
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last 4 league games, their best run since May 2008.
- Montpellier have lost 10 of their 12 trips to St Etienne in the top-flight.
- Only bottom side Arles-Avignon have scored fewer goals than Montpellier in Ligue 1 this season.
- Montpellier have kept four clean sheets in their first five league games this season.
- St Etienne's Dimitri Payet is the top scorer this season with four goals - he scored a hat-trick in St Etienne's last home game, against Lens.
Sochaux - Nice
- Sochaux are unbeaten in their last 11 top-flight games against Nice.
- None of their last 14 league encounters at Sochaux have seen more than 2 goals.
- Sochaux are unbeaten at home this season : 2 wins, 1 draw.
- Nice are unbeaten in their last 11 league games, the longest current run in the top-flight.
- Sochaux's Damien Perquis is the most prolific defender this season with 2 goals.
Valenciennes - Lens
- Lens are unbeaten in their last 10 league encounters with Valenciennes.
- Valenciennes and Lens have both failed to win any of their last three league games.
- Valenciennes and Lens have both failed to score in the 1st half so far this season.
- Lens have the worst defensive record in Ligue 1 this season, conceding 11 goals.
- Lens, with Marseille, are the only side to have scored in each of their games this season.
Lille - Auxerre
- Auxerre are the last side to beat Lille on their own pitch, back in February this year.
- Lille have lost their last three league encounters against Auxerre.
- Auxerre have failed to win or keep a clean sheet in their first five league games this season.
- Ireneusz Jelen has scored 3 goals in his last 2 games against Lille.
- Lille's Gervinho has been direclty involved in half of Lille's 6 goals this season, scoring twice and delivering 1 assist.
Paris SG - Rennes
- With 11 points in their opening 5 games of the season, Rennes are experiencing their best start to a top-flight season since the 3 points for a win were brought in back in 1994/95.
- PSG have won none of their last 7 league encounters with Rennes.
- PSG boast the best attacking record in Ligue 1 this season (9 goals) whilst Rennes boast the meanest defensive record (only 2 goals conceded).
- Guillaume Hoarau has scored in each of PSG's last three league games.
- Victor Montaño has found the net in each of Rennes' 2 away league games this season.
Bordeaux - Lyon
- Lyon have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 12 competitive games against Bordeaux.
- Only Sochaux have lost more league games (13) in 2010 than Bordeaux (11).
- All 5 of Lyon's goals in their 6 competitive games this season have come in the opening half hour of the game.
- Bordeaux have failed to keep a clean sheet in the league so far this season.
- Whilst at Bordeaux, new Lyon recruit Yoann Gourcuff scored 13 of his 18 league goals at the Chaban-Delmas stadium.