French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - April 17-18
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Lorient
- Lorient have failed to score in their last three league meetings against Auxerre, the last two ended 0-0.
- Lorient have never won a league game at Auxerre: three defeats, two draws and 14 goals conceded in the process.
- Ireneusz Jelen has scored six goals in his seven league appearances against Lorient.
- Auxerre have won 13 games by a one-goal margin, a record this season in the French league.
- Daniel Niculae has scored in two consecutive league games, something he had failed to do since February 2008.
Boulogne-sur-Mer - Marseille
- None of the 15 competitive encounters between these two sides have ended in a draw (11 Marseille wins and 4 victories for Boulogne).
- Marseille have won their last six competitive games, completing their best run since 1998.
- Boulogne have managed to stay unbeaten in their last three home games in Ligue 1: winning once and drawing twice.
- Marseille have won their four Ligue 1 games against teams occupying currently the relegation zone this season.
- Marseille have lost their three competitive trips to the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region.
Grenoble - Sochaux
- None of the 10 competitive encounters between these two sides have ended in a draw (four Grenoble wins and six Sochaux victories).
- Sochaux have won their last two league meetings against Grenoble, both by a 1-0 score line.
- Sochaux have failed to win their last 11 away games in the league (six draws and five defeat), currently the longest run.
- Sochaux have failed to score in the last four match days, currently the longest drought in the top flight.
- Grenoble have lost 23 league games this term, the all-time record is held by Troyes, who suffered 28 defeats in 1960/61.
- Ryad Boudebouz is Sochaux's top scorer this season in all competitions (seven goals).
Nice - Lens
- Seven of the last 10 competitive encounters between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Lens have lost their last six away games in Ligue 1, currently the longest run.
- Lens have a 71% win ratio with Toifilou Maoulida in the starting line up this term in Ligue 1, compared to just 20% when has not featured in the starting 11.
- Loic Remy has netted four goals in his last six Ligue 1 appearances.
- Nice have managed to keep a clean sheet in their last two home games.
Rennes - Nancy
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last four trips to Rennes in Ligue 1 (two wins and two draws).
- Nancy have racked up 25 points on the road, they have never managed to take more away points in a top flight season.
- Issiar Dia has netted five goals in his last five league appearances.
- Rennes have opened the scoring in 13 home games, a joint record this term.
- Rennes have scored in each of the last eight match days, only leaders Marseille are on a longer run
Valenciennes - Le Mans
- Le Mans have won more Ligue 1 matches against Valenciennes than against any other side (six).
- Anthony Le Tallec has netted five goals in his last seven competitive matches against Valenciennes.
- Le Mans are the only team yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this season
- Le Mans have taken a league-low four points on the road this term.
- 11 Valenciennes goals have been netted by defenders, a record this season
- Fahid Ben Khalfallah is the most prolific substitute in Ligue 1 this term with four goals and three assists coming from the bench.
Bordeaux - Lyon
- Lyon have failed to score in the last three competitive meetings between this two sides at the Chaban-Delmas stadium.
- Lyon have managed more league wins at Bordeaux than any other Ligue 1 side (11).
- Marouane Chamakh has scored in each of the last three competitive encounters between these two teams.
- Bordeaux have lost their last three league fixtures, their worst run since 2002.
- Bordeaux have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last five home games in Ligue 1.
- Michel Bastos has netted four goals in his last three away appearances in the league.
Lille - Monaco
- Lille have won their last three league meetings against Monaco, scoring eight goals in the process.
- 50% of Monaco's trips to Lille in the top flight have ended in a draw (20/40).
- Lille have won 15 of their last 16 home games in all competitions.
- Monaco have lost only two of their last 25 trips to Lille in Ligue 1.
- Monaco have failed to score in their last five away games in the top flight.
- Lille have scored in each of their last 11 home games in Ligue 1.
- Monaco have received red card in each of their last two league games against Lille.
- Monaco goalkeeper Stephane Ruffier has kept a joint-record 14 clean sheets this term.
Montpellier - Toulouse
- Monaco have conceded a league-low nine goals at home this term.
- Toulouse have failed to win their eight games against top 6 sides this term in Ligue 1 (three draws and five defeats).
- A league-high 65% of Toulouse goals have come from midfielders.
- Montpellier matches have seen the most red cards this term (13).
- Toulouse have won just one of their last nine league encounters against Montpellier.
St Etienne - Paris Saint-Germain
- PSG have scored just one goal in their last six trips to St Etienne in the league.
- Antoine Kombouare has just won 11 of his 96 away matches as a manager in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have netted a league-low 12 goals at home this term.
- Guillaume Hoarau has netted three goals in his last four Ligue 1 appearances.
- St Etienne have won their last two Ligue 1 games, they have not won three in a row since April 2008.
- St Etienne are the only Ligue 1 side to have always lost after conceding the opening goal this term.
- PSG are without a win in their last eight away games in Ligue 1 (three draws and five defeats).