French Ligue 1 Opta Facts: 15-16 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Lens – Auxerre
- Auxerre travel to Lens, where they suffered the worst defeat of their history in the top flight, 0-7 in August 2005.
- Auxerre have been defeated in their last four trips to Felix Bollaërt in the league, failing to score a single goal in the last three.
- Lens have scored at least once in each of their last 12 home matches against Auxerre in the top flight.
- Lens have only conceded two goals in their last six league encounters against Auxerre.
- Lens defender Yoann Demont has netted three goals against Auxerre, he hasn’t scored more against any other side.
- Only one of Auxerre’s last 23 away league fixtures has ended in a draw.
Lorient – Montpellier
- Lorient have always scored when facing Montpellier in Ligue 1 (four encounters).
- Lorient won 3-0 in of their last two meetings against Montpellier, in the 2005/06 season in Ligue 2.
- Montpellier had only taken two points from their last 13 away matches in their previous season in the top flight (2003/04).
- Lorient have only won two of their last 10 home matches in the league.
- Lorient striker Marama Vahirua has scored three goals in his last four league appearances.
Lyon – Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have kept a clean sheet in their last two league meetings against Lyon.
- Valenciennes have not won at Gerland in the league since the 1977/78 season.
- Johan Audel has netted four goals in his last four league appearances, including a brace against Lyon on May 2nd 2009.
- French international Sidney Govou has scored twice in his last three appearances against Valenciennes.
- Lyon have scored six goals in their last two home fixtures in the league.
- Lyon’s new signing Lisandro Lopez scored a goal and assisted another on his league debut last weekend.
- Valenciennes have failed to win any of their last 35 away matches, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
Nancy – Monaco
- Monaco took the three points in both of their encounters against Nancy last season in the league.
- Monaco have failed to score in their last three away matches in Ligue 1.
- None of their last nine league encounters at Marcel Picot have ended in a draw.
- Monaco’s attacking midfielder Nene has scored or assisted 17 goals in 30 league appearances for the club.
- Monaco have won six of their last eight visits at Nancy in Ligue 1.
Paris SG – Le Mans
- Paris have beaten Le Mans in four of their last five league meetings.
- Le Mans have never scored more than once, in their 10 league encounters against PSG.
- Le Mans have failed to win their last seven Ligue 1 fixtures – currently the longest run.
- Paris have only won one of their last seven matches in Ligue 1.
- Le Mans have only won one of their last 15 away matches in the league.
- Paris SG have won 52% of their league matches when striker Guillaume Hoarau has been on the pitch and 33% without him.
Sochaux – Bordeaux
- Bordeaux have kept a clean sheet in their last five league meetings against Sochaux, winning four, drawing one.
- Bordeaux have won 12 consecutive league fixtures, a new record in French top flight football.
- Valclav Sverkos has netted nine goals in 20 league appearances for Sochaux.
- Both teams share the longest run without a goalless draw in the league: 23 matches, their last 0-0 was when Bordeaux last travelled to Sochaux in November 2008.
- Sochaux have won seven of their last 10 home fixtures in the top flight.
Toulouse – St Etienne
- Toulouse have only won three of their last 18 league matches against St Etienne.
- André-Pierre Gignac has scored three goals in his last two league appearances against St Etienne.
- Toulouse conceded the fewest goals at home last season in the league – 8.
- St Etienne held the worst away record last season in Ligue 1, taking only nine points in 19 matches on the road.
- St Etienne have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 20 away fixtures, currently the longest run in the league.
Nice – Rennes
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last six encounters against Nice in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have scored exactly one goal in each of their last eight matches against Nice in the league.
- Ismael Bangoura has scored two goals in four appearances against Nice in the top flight.
- Nice have failed to score in their last three home matches in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have only won one of their last seven away matches in the league.
Boulogne-sur-Mer – Grenoble
- Grenoble have only lost once in 10 visits at Boulogne in the second division.
- There has never been a goalless draw in 20 encounters between these two sides in Ligue 2.
- Grégory Thil has netted four goals in his last five Ligue 2 appearances at home.
- Grenoble scored more goals on the road (15) than at home (nine) last season in Ligue 1.
- 67% of Grenoble goals last season were netted in the second half of matches, the highest ratio in 2008/09 in the top flight.
Marseille – Lille
- This match will be played on neutral ground; Marseille displayed a better record on the road (42 points) than at home (35) last season in Ligue 1.
- Marseille have scored in the last 12 match days, currently the longest run alongside Bordeaux.
- Mamadou Niang has scored more goals against Lille than against any other opponent in his career - 7.
- Lille have scored six goals in their last three league meetings against Marseille.
- Marseille have only lost once in their last 17 league fixtures.