French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 16-17 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Auxerre remain unbeaten in their last four league games, only Bordeaux and Lille are currently on longer unbeaten runs.
- Auxerre have never lost against Boulogne in competitive matches (three wins, one draw).
- Auxerre have scored in each of their last eight home league games.
- Boulogne have taken only one point from their five encounters against top 5 sides this season in Ligue 1.
- Boulogne have won once in their last 16 league games, keeping only one clean sheet.
Grenoble - St Etienne
- Only Grenoble have netted fewer goals (10) than St Etienne this season in the league (11).
- St Etienne have failed to win their last seven league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Grenoble have avoided defeat in their last three home fixtures in the league (two draws, one win).
- The three goals scored by midfielder Nicolas Dieuze this season in Ligue 1 have been at the Alpes stadium.
- Grenoble have scored only one goal in the first half of their league matches this season.
Le Mans - Lorient
- Le Mans have never managed to beat Lorient in the league (four draws, three defeats).
- Le Mans have never managed to score more than one goal in their top flight meetings against Lorient.
- Le Mans are unbeaten in their last five competitive home fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Lorient have conceded eight goals in their last three league games.
- Le Mans striker Anthony Le Tallec has scored five goals in his last six starts.
Lille - Paris SG
- Lille have won their last six league games, scoring at least three goals in each.
- PSG remain unbeaten in their last five league encounters against Lille but have failed to score a single goal in their last six visits to the northern city.
- Lille are the top scorers in Ligue 1 this season with 37 goals.
- Lille have failed to win this season in Ligue 1 when Gervinho, currently away at the African Cup of Nations, has not been in the starting line up.
Monaco - Sochaux
- Monaco have always won after scoring the first goal in Ligue 1 this season.
- Sochaux have failed to score in their last three away league games.
- Monaco have scored 16 goals from set-pieces, a league-high this season.
- Sochaux remain winless in their last four trips to the Louis II stadium in Ligue 1 (one draw, three defeats).
- Sochaux striker Vaclav Sverkos has netted two goals in his two league appearances against Monaco.
Montpellier - Nice
- Nice have failed to win their last six league fixtures, only St Etienne are in worse form.
- Montpellier have lost their last two home league games, failing to score both times.
- The last two Nice trips to Montpellier in Ligue 1 have ended 2-2.
- Nice have conceded the most goals by South American players this season (eight).
- Loïc Remy has scored 35% of Nice's goals in Ligue 1 this season (7 out of 20).
Nancy - Lyon
- Nancy have lost eight of their last nine league encounters with Lyon.
- Nancy have only picked up 38% of their points at home (10 of 26), the lowest ratio this season.
- Lyon have only won once in their last eight league games. Nevertheless, they have never failed to score away from home this season.
- Nancy were the worst defence in Ligue 1 in 2009, conceding 59 goals.
- Michel Bastos has scored three goals in Lyon's last two away competitive games.
Rennes - Lens
- Rennes have won their last three home fixtures in Ligue 1, all by a one-goal margin.
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last seven league encounters against Lens in the top flight (four wins, three draws).
- Lens have lost their last six trips to Rennes in all competitions.
- Lens remain unbeaten in the last four match days (two wins, two draws).
- 42% of Lens' goals have been scored with their heads, the highest ratio in Ligue 1 this season.
Valenciennes - Toulouse
- Valenciennes have failed to win their last four league matches, their worst form so far this season.
- Toulouse have failed to win their last four away matches in the league (two draws and two defeats), conceding exactly one goal in each game.
- The last four competitive meetings between these two sides have produced only two goals.
- The last two Ligue 1 matches played at the Nungesser stadium have ended 0-0.
- Johan Audel has scored more goals against Toulouse than any other opponent (four).
Bordeaux - Marseille
- Marseille have not won at Bordeaux in the league since October 1977.
- Bordeaux have won their last nine competitive games, keeping seven clean sheets in the process.
- Four of the last five Marseille trips to the Chaban-Delmas stadium have ended in a draw.
- Marseille have won eight points from losing positions, the best total in Ligue 1 this season.
- The five goals scored by Bordeaux playmaker Yoann Gourcuff this season in Ligue 1 have been at home.