French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 17-18 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
- Bordeaux have won their last four league meetings against Auxerre.
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last five Ligue 1 matches, only Lyon are currently on a longer undefeated run.
- Auxerre have only scored twice in their last 10 league encounters against Bordeaux.
- Auxerre matches have produced the fewest goals this season in the top flight: 13.
- Bordeaux lost on the previous match day, after having been unbeaten on 22 consecutive matches in all competitions.
- Wendel has scored three goals in his last two trips to Auxerre.
- Le Mans have won six of their last seven league matches against Northern sides (Nord-Pas-de-Calais region), keeping a clean sheet in the last four.
- Five of Boulogne's six goals have been netted in the 15 minutes before half time; they are the most prolific side in the league during that period.
- 100% of Le Mans' overall point tally this season has been picked up at home. They are the only team to have only relied on home performances.
- Boulogne have lost their three matches without their talismanic striker Grégory Thil, who is currently injured.
- Rennes have failed to win any of their 22 trips to Lille in the league.
- Rennes have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight league encounters against Lille.
- Lille have scored eight goals in their last two competitive matches.
- Lille have conceded the most headed goals this season in the top flight: six.
- Pierre-Alain Frau has scored four goals; he hadn't been as prolific over the course of a season in Ligue 1 since 2005/06.
- Gervinho has netted four goals in his last five competitive appearances for Lille.
- Lorient are undefeated in their last six home matches in Ligue 1.
- Nice have won only one of their last 10 away matches in the league.
- Nice are unbeaten in their last three trips to Moustoir stadium, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Lorient have only scored only two goals in their last six league meetings against Nice.
- David Ospina (Nice) has conceded more goals than any other goalkeeper this season in the top flight: 15.
- Nice have conceded the most penalties this season in the league: three.
- Lyon are undefeated in their last 13 league encounters against Sochaux (10 wins, three draws).
- Lyon have managed more wins against Sochaux than against any other opponent in the league: 43.
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last 12 league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Lyon have conceded the fewest goals this season in the top flight: five.
- Sochaux are the last visiting team to have scored more than twice at Gerland stadium (3-3 in February 2007).
- Sochaux have been defeated in their last three away matches in the league.
- Lens have scored only one goal in their last 10 trips to Monaco in Ligue 1.
- None of the last 15 Ligue 1 meetings between these two sides has seen Lens score more than one goal.
- No team has managed more wins against Lens than Monaco in the French top flight: 43
- Lens have failed to win any of their last five league fixtures, only Grenoble currently suffer a worse run.
- Monaco attacking trio Nene (five goals), Alejandro Alonso (two) and Chu Young Park (two) have netted nine of their side's 11 goals.
- Montpellier have 17 points, no promoted side had enjoyed such a successful start since Nice in 2002/03 (also 17 points after eight matches).
- Their last meeting in the top flight was in February 2000; St Etienne won 5-4.
- Montpellier have scored a league-high eight goals from set pieces.
- St Etienne have won their last two league matches against sides ranked in the top five.
- St Etienne are the most prolific team in Ligue 1 in the first 30 minutes with six goals. However Montpellier are the only team yet to concede a goal during that period.
- Montpellier central defenders Emir Spahic and Nenad Dzodic have scored five goals between themselves.
- Marseille have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six league meetings against Nancy.
- Marseille have lost their last three competitive matches, their worst run since 2006.
- Marseille have only lost once in their last eight trips at Nancy in the league (four draws, three wins).
- Nancy striker Youssouf Hadji has netted four goals in his last four league appearances. The Moroccan international has scored in his last two matches against OM.
- Current league top scorer Mamadou Niang has scored at least 10 goals in his last four seasons in the top flight.
- Mamadou Niang has netted six goals in seven competitive appearances against Nancy in the league.
- Toulouse have bagged 10 points out of a possible 12 in their last four league meetings against PSG.
- Paris' last three league fixtures have ended 1-1; Antoine Kombouare's men have drawn the most matches this season in Ligue 1: four.
- Toulouse have already lost more home matches (three) this season than last term (two) in all competitions.
- Last season's top scorer André-Pierre Gignac has scored only once after eight match days, at the same stage last season, he had already netted five.
- Midfielder Moussa Sissoko has scored or assisted four of Toulouse's seven goals this season in the league.
- Five of the six top flight clashes between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Grenoble have suffered nine consecutive defeats in the league (last season included), only four sides have done worse in the history of the French top division.
- This is the first time a team loses their opening eight matches.
- Valenciennes matches have produced the most goals this season in the league: 30.
- Valenciennes have won the most points coming back from losing positions: eight, however they have also lost the most points after having taken the lead: six.
- Valenciennes are the only side to have taken more points on the road (six) than at home (four).
- Three of Grenoble's four goals have been scored by Daniel Ljuboja: 75%, the highest ratio this season in Ligue 1.