French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 18-19 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Lens - Caen
- Caen are unbeaten in their last three trips to Lens in the top-flight.
- Caen have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four top-flight games against Lens.
- Lens have failed to win any of their last five Ligue 1 games, only Caen are experiencing a longer drought currently (11).
- Caen have lost their last three away league games.
- Caen have not scored in their last 275 minutes of league football, currently the longest run in the division.
- Caen striker Youssef El Arabi has scored 10 of Caen's 16 league goals this season.
Montpellier - Auxerre
- Auxerre have only won once in their 18 top-flight trips to Montpellier.
- There has been a red card in each of the last four top-flight encounters between Montpellier and Auxerre.
- Montpellier have never scored more than one goal in each of their last eight league games.
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last five away league games, only PSG are currently on a longer run.
- Montpellier are winless in their last three league games, their worst drought this season.
- Auxerre defender Jean-Pascal Mignot has scored in three of his side's last four away league games.
Nice - Brest
- Only two of the 14 top-flight encounters between these two sides have ended in a draw. Their head-to-head record at Nice is perfectly balanced: three wins each and one draw.
- Their last competitive encounter dates back to January 2006 in the French Cup: Brest won 3-0 at home.
- Brest are the only side yet to draw an away game this season in Ligue 1.
- Brest have scored in each of their last seven away league games, currently the longest run in the division.
- None of Nice's last eight league games has seen more than two goals.
- Brest striker Nolan Roux has had the most shots in Ligue 1 this season, trying his luck 65 times (five goals).
Rennes - Valenciennes
- Since Valenciennes got promoted back to the top-flight in 2006, the head-to-head encounters between these two sides is perfectly balanced : three wins each and two draws.
- Valenciennes have kept a clean sheet in each of their last two league trips to Rennes' Route de Lorient stadium.
- There have been three red cards in the last three league encounters between Rennes and Valenciennes.
- Rennes striker Victor Montaño scored in his two league games against Valenciennes last season, when he was playing for Montpellier.
- Rennes have not conceded a goal in 274 minutes of league football, the longest current run in the division.
- Valenciennes have only won one of their last 15 away league games.
St Etienne - Arles-Avignon
- St Etienne and Arles last met in March 1973, in the French Cup: les Verts won 7-0 on aggregate.
- St Etienne are the only side to have scored in each of their eight home league games this season.
- St Etienne have failed to win any of their last five league games at their Geoffroy-Guichard stadium.
- St Etienne have only kept one clean sheet in their last 10 league games.
- Arles-Avignon have failed to score in their last four away league games, their last goal on the road dating back to 25 September.
- Arles-Avignon striker Franck Dja-Djedje has been directly involved in all three of his side's away goals this season, scoring twice and delivering the assist for the third.
Toulouse - Lorient
- Lorient are unbeaten in their five top-flight trips to Toulouse, winning twice and drawing the other three.
- Toulouse have only won one of their 10 top-flight encounters with Lorient.
- None of the last eight Ligue 1 encounters between Toulouse and Lorient have seen more than two goals.
- Lorient have scored three goals in each of their last two top-flight games, their best goalscoring run this season.
- Toulouse have only had 167 shots, the lowest total in Ligue 1 this season.
- Toulouse have won 75% of league games this season when midfielder Fode Mansare has started (three wins and a draw), against 31% when he hasn't been in the starting eleven (four wins, two draws and seven defeats).
Paris SG - Monaco
- Monaco are unbeaten in their last five league encounters with PSG. They have beaten Paris SG the most times in the top-flight(39).
- Paris SG have failed to score in their last four league games against Monaco.
- Paris SG have won their last two league games, the first time they have won back-to-back games in 2010.
- Six of the nine league games at the Parc des Princes this season have seen PSG score at least two goals.
- Nenê has scored in each of PSG's last three league games.
- 80% of Monaco's goals have come in the second-half (12 out of 15), the highest ratio in Ligue 1 this season.
Lille - Nancy
- Nancy have lost their last three league encounters against Lille, conceding 10 goals.
- None of Nancy's last 21 league games has ended in a goalless draw, the longest current run in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have always won when they have opened the scoring in Ligue 1 this season: five games, five wins.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last four league games, their longest unbeaten run since last January.
- Lille have scored in each of their last 14 league games, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Lille striker Gervinho has scored five goals in as many league games against Nancy, his best total against a Ligue 1 side.
Sochaux - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last seven league games
- Bordeaux's last three league outings have ended in draws.
- Sochaux are the most efficient side at home this season, picking up 20 points in nine league games at their Bonal stadium.
- Jean Tigana has won all five of his Ligue 1 encounters against Sochaux as a manager.
- Bordeaux have scored the most goals from corner kicks this season (5) while Sochaux have conceded the most from that particular set-piece (7).
- Sochaux striker Modibo Maïga has scored six league goals this season, all at home.
- Sochaux have lost six of their last seven league games against Bordeaux.