French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 20-21 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Le Mans
- Auxerre have won their last three league meetings against Le Mans, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- Auxerre have won their last three home fixtures in Ligue 1, all by a 1-0 score line.
- Auxerre have won the most matches by a one-goal margin this season (11).
- Le Mans have conceded a goal from Ireneusz Jelen in their last two trips to Auxerre.
- Le Mans have racked up a league-low four points on the road.
- Modibo Maiga has scored in each of Le Mans' last three away games.
- Auxerre striker Dennis Oliech has never scored a league goal at home.
- Le Mans have kept the fewest clean sheets this season in the league: three, while Auxerre have kept the most across the top five European leagues (15)
Boulogne-sur-Mer - Lorient
- The first leg saw Lorient win 5-0, their biggest ever victory in the top flight, it was also Boulogne's worst defeat.
- Lorient are undefeated in their last eight league fixtures against sides from the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region.
- The last seven competitive encounters between these two sides have seen the home teams win.
- Boulogne managed to score three goals last week against Nancy, their most prolific match in Ligue 1.
- Boulogne have only managed to open the scoring three times at home this season, a league-low.
Grenoble - Monaco
- Grenoble are unbeaten in their last two competitive encounters against Monaco (a 2-0 win and a 0-0 draw).
- Monaco have lost their last three away games in the league, failing to score a single goal.
- Grenoble have scored just one goal in their seven top-flight meetings against Monaco.
- Monaco have scored just one goal in the last four match days (netted by Moussa Maazou).
- Monaco are the only Ligue 1 side to have always won after opening the scoring this season.
- Nassim Akrour has scored four goals in his last four competitive appearances at home.
Nice - Paris SG
- Since 2005/06, Nice have won seven of their nine league encounters against PSG.
- Paris SG have lost their last four trips to Nice in the league.
- Nice have won just one of their last six home games in the league.
- PSG have won none of their last six away games in the top flight (four defeats and two draws).
- Loic Remy has scored more goals in the second half of games than any other player this season (nine).
- PSG have managed to most wins by at least a three-goal margin this season: six.
- David Ospina has conceded more goals than any other Ligue 1 goalkeeper this season (43).
- Mevlut Erding has scored 12 goals, his highest-ever return over the course of a League season.
- PSG have drawn 1-1 in six games, a record this season in Ligue 1.
Rennes - Toulouse
- Toulouse are without a win in their last 13 trips to Rennes in the league (eight defeats and five draws).
- Rennes have scored in their last eight home fixtures, only Lille currently enjoy a longer run.
- Rennes have won their last two league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Sylvain Marveaux has scored 10 goals in all competitions this season, more than during his first three seasons combined.
- 18 Toulouse games have been a draw at half time, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse have scored on average 0.6 goals without Andre-Pierre Gignac this season in Ligue 1, and 1.1 with him.
- Toulouse goalkeeper Yohan Pele has conceded on average one goal every 166 minutes, a league record.
St Etienne - Nancy
- St Etienne have won five of their last seven league encounters against Nancy.
- Nancy have failed to score in their last three trips to St Etienne in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have conceded at least two goals in each of their last four league matches.
- Emmanuel Riviere has scored in his last five competitive appearances at the Geoffroy Guichard stadium.
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last six home fixtures in the league, currently the longest run (two wins and four draws).
- Nancy have the third-best attacking record away from home (22 goals).
- The Geoffroy Guichard stadium has seen the fewest goals this season in the league (21).
Lens - Sochaux
- Lens have won nine of their last 10 league meetings against Sochaux (one draw).
- Sochaux have been defeated in their last four trips to the Felix Bollaert stadium in the league, conceding 11 goals in the process.
- Sochaux have lost 46 times against Lens in Ligue 1, against no other side have they suffered as many defeats.
- None of the last 13 match days have seen Lens concede more than one goal.
- Ryad Boudebouz has scored in the last two match days, all of his goals this season have come from set pieces (all competitions).
- Sebastien Roudet has scored in his last two appearances at Felix Bollaert.
Bordeaux - Lille
- Lille are unbeaten in their last eight league meetings against Bordeaux (eight wins and three draws).
- Lille have scored in the last 15 match days, a record this season.
- Bordeaux are 12th in the league considering only games played in 2010.
- Four of Lille's seven league defeats this season have come after a European fixture.
- Bordeaux have led at half time in a league-high 12 games this season.
- Bordeaux have scored the most headed goals this season (15), while Lille have conceded the most this way (11).
- Yohan Gourcuff has failed to score in his last 740 minutes of play in Ligue 1.
Montpellier - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have never lost at Montpellier in all competitions (two wins and two draws).
- None of the 14 Valenciennes away games have ended in a draw.
- A league-high 71% of Montpellier goals have been scored in the second half of games.
- Valenciennes have lost four of their five away games against top 6 sides this season.
- Alberto Costa has scored in the last two match days.
- Montpellier have drawn 1-1 in their last two league games, this was also the score in the first leg of this encounter, with both goals scored by Colombian players (Montano and Sanchez).
Marseille - Lyon
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last four competitive encounters against Marseille (two wins and two draws).
- The first leg of this encounter produced 10 goals (5-5), the most prolific Ligue 1 match since 1983/84.
- Marseille are unbeaten in the last six match days, only Lyon are on a longer run without defeat: nine games.
- Lyon have won only one of their five league fixtures against top 6 sides this season.
- Lyon have conceded the fewest goals in Ligue 1 in 2010 (three), but Marseille have scored the most this year (18).
- Lisandro has scored three goals in his last two competitive matches against Marseille.
- Lyon have drawn the most games this season in Ligue 1 (nine).
- Brandao has scored in his last two league starts.