French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 22-23 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Auxerre v Lyon
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last nine visits at l’Abbé-Deschamps in the league.
- Auxerre kept a clean sheet in both matches against Lyon last season.
- Auxerre have only managed to beat Lyon once in the last 18 league meetings between these two sides.
- Auxerre are the only side yet to score after two match days in Ligue 1.
- Lyon have only won one of their last five away matches in the top flight.
- Auxerre have lost their last three matches in the league.
- Auxerre’s biggest ever league victory was against Lyon, 7-0 at home on October 25th.
Le Mans v Nancy
- Nancy have never won at Léon-Bollée in the top flight (two defeats, two draws).
- Nancy have scored seven goals in two matches, for the first time since 1984/85.
- Le Mans have conceded five goals so far, no team has shipped more in the two opening fixtures.
- Le Mans haven’t won in eight consecutive fixtures in the league, currently the longest run.
- Five of the eight league meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Nancy’s new signing Paul Alo’ Efoulou has netted a brace in his first ever top flight appearance, on match day 2.
Monaco v Lorient
- Lorient have never won at Louis II (four defeats, one draw).
- Lorient have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 18 league matches, currently the longest run.
- Monaco have only scored twice in their last seven fixtures in the top flight.
- Monaco have kept only one clean sheet in their last eight home matches in Ligue 1.
- Olivier Monterrubio has scored six goals against Monaco, his second-favourite opponent after Toulouse (seven).
Montpellier v Sochaux
- Sochaux have taken the three points in their last two visits at La Mosson in the top flight.
- Montpellier have failed to scored more than one goal in their last 15 league encounters against Sochaux.
- Sochaux have won 1-0 in their last to away fixtures in Ligue 1.
- The six goals scored in the two matches involving Montpellier came after the 60th minute.
- American international Charlie Davies has scored three goals in his last two competitive appearances (for the USA on August 12th and for Sochaux on August 15th).
St Etienne v Boulogne-sur-Mer
- St Etienne have conceded five goals, only Le Mans have shipped as many in the two opening fixtures.
- Boulogne striker Grégory Thil has scored 11 goals in his last 11 league appearances (Ligue 1 & Ligue 2).
- These teams last met in the league in the 1962/63 season in the second division, the encounter produced 11 goals over the two legs.
- St Etienne goalkeeper Jérémie Janot has conceded the most goals in Ligue 1 in 2009 – 29.
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last nine home fixtures against northern sides in the league (eight wins and one draw).
Valenciennes v Paris SG
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last seven league meetings against Paris SG (five draws, two wins).
- PSG’s only win in 11 league trips to Valenciennes was in 1977.
- Four of the last five PSG visits at Nungesser in the league have ended in a draw.
- Paris striker Mevlut Erding has netted three goals in his last four appearances in the top flight.
- Valenciennes have failed to score in only one of their last 13 home matches in the league.
- Paris haven’t scored more than one goal on the road since February.
- PSG manager Antoine Kombouaré – formerly at Valenciennes – has failed to win his last 36 away fixtures in the league.
Rennes v Marseille
- The last Marseille trip to Rennes produced the most prolific encounter of the 2008/09 season: eight goals were scored in a 4-4 thriller.
- Marseille scored eight goals against Rennes last season in Ligue 1 (4-4 & 4-0).
- Marseille have scored in the last 13 match days; only title holders Bordeaux currently maintain such a prolific streak.
- Marseille have kept a clean sheet in their last three Ligue 1 fixtures, currently the longest run.
- No team has scored as many goals against Rennes as Marseille have, in the history of the top flight – 150.
- Marseille have won 78% of the matches that Brandao has played in the league (14 out of 18).
- Mamadou Niang has netted three goals in his last two appearances against Rennes in the league.
Bordeaux v Nice
- Nice have only taken two points from their last 20 visits at Bordeaux in the league (18 defeats, two draws).
- Bordeaux remain unbeaten in their last 34 home matches in the league – currently the longest run.
- Bordeaux have won their last 13 Ligue 1 matches, a record in the history of the first division.
- Marouane Chamakh has scored in each of Bordeaux’s last four home fixtures in Ligue 1. He is the league top scorer with three goals.
- Three penalties have been awarded in the last two league encounters between these sides.
Grenoble v Lens
- Grenoble have failed to win any of their last seven league fixtures.
- Grenoble have failed to score in their last four home matches in the top flight.
- Grenoble have failed to score more than once in their last 13 fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Lens haven’t won any of their last four away matches in the league (Ligue 1 & Ligue 2).
- Lens were defeated in their two trips to Grenoble in the top flight, in 1961 and 1963.
Lille v Toulouse
- Toulouse have only won one of their last eight away fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Lille have failed to score in only one of their last 23 home fixtures in the top flight.
- Lille have only won one of their last 11 encounters against Toulouse in the league.
- Last season’s top scorer André-Pierre Gignac has never netted a goal in six appearances against Lille in all competitions.
- However, the French international has netted five goals in his last four appearances on the road in Ligue 1.
- Lille have lost their two opening matches for the first time since 1995/96.