French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 23 & 24 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Opta Facts – Ligue 1
Auxerre v St Etienne
- Auxerre striker Ireneuzs Jelen has scored 10 goals since the New Year, no one has managed more in 2009 in the league.
- Auxerre have won five consecutive league matches, their best run since 1995/96.
- Ilan has scored six of St Etienne’s last 12 goals in the league.
- Auxerre have won only one of their last 10 league meetings against St Etienne.
- St Etienne have never kept a clean sheet away from home this season in the league.
- St Etienne have lost five of their last six competitive matches on the road.
Bordeaux v Monaco
- Bordeaux have won nine consecutive league matches, a league record this season. No Ligue 1 side had achieved such a long winning streak since St Etienne in 1969/70.
- Bordeaux have won six games after having trailed, a record this season in the top flight.
- Monaco have lost in their last three visits at Chaban-Delmas in Ligue 1.
- ASM have only managed to take one point from their last seven league meetings against Bordeaux.
- Bordeaux have scored 10 goals in their last two league encounters against Monaco.
- Marouane Chamakh has scored four goals in the last three matches between these two sides in Ligue 1.
Le Havre v Lille
- The last time Lille managed to score more than once in an away trip to Le Havre in the top flight was in 1947.
- The last two Le Havre-Lille ended 0-0.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against Le Havre.
- Lille have failed to win any of their last six league fixtures, currently the longest run, it is also their worst this season.
- There hasn’t been any draws at Jules-Deschaseaux this season in Ligue 1.
- Le Havre have been defeated 14 times at home, a record this season in L1.
- They have lost their last four home matches, currently the longest run in the league.
Le Mans v Grenoble.
Le Mans have suffered four consecutive defeats, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Eight Grenoble matches ended 0-0, only Toulouse have been involved in as many goalless draws.
- Grenoble have failed to score in their last four visits at Léon-Bollée in all competitions.
- Grenoble have failed to score in 50% of their matches this season in Ligue 1, with 23 goals they are the league’s weakest attack.
- For the third time this season, Grenoble haven’t scored in more than 300 minutes in Ligue 1.
- Le Mans have been defeated in three of their last four home fixtures.
Lyon v Caen
- Caen have never won at Gerland in the league, despite nine attempts.
- Karim Benzema has scored three goals in the last two league encounters between these two sides.
- However, the French international has failed to score in his last 10 appearances at home in Ligue 1.
- Lyon have scored a league-high 27 goals in the first halves of their matches.
- Caen have only won one of their last 10 competitive games on the road.
- 12 Lyon wins have been by at least a two-goal margin, a league-high this season.
- Caen have failed to score in their last six league meetings against current top 7 teams.
Nancy v Marseille
- Nancy are unbeaten in Marseille’s last four visits at Marcel-Picot in the league.
- Nancy won 3-0 in the first leg, their biggest win and Marseille’s worst defeat this season in Ligue 1.
- Only one team has managed to score more than once at home against Marseille this season in L1.
- Marseille have racked up a league-high 39 points on the road.
- Marseille have scored in the last nine match days, currently the longest run in the league alongside leaders Bordeaux.
- Mamadou Niang has scored five goals in his last five competitive appearances on the road for Marseille.
- Nancy remain unbeaten in the last six match days, only leaders Bordeaux currently enjoy a longer run.
- However their last three matches have been draws.
Nice v Toulouse
- Toulouse haven’t won any of their last five league matches, drawing in their last four.
- The last three league encounters between Nice and Toulouse have ended in a draw.
- Toulouse have conceded only 27 goals in 36 games, they are the best defence in the league.
- André-Pierre Gignac has scored 51% of his team’s total tally, the highest ratio in the league.
- Nice have only scored one goal in the last three match days.
Rennes v Lorient
- Lorient have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 14 matches, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have won in their last four league encounters against Lorient.
- Lorient have conceded nine goals in their last three competitive visits at Rennes.
- Rennes striker Mickaël Pagis is the only player to score a hat trick this season in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have drawn a league-high 16 matches this season in the top flight.
- Six of Moussa Sow’s eight goals have been scored after the 75th minute, no one has scored more than the Rennes striker in the last 15 minutes this season in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have kept a clean sheet in 50% of their league fixtures his season.
- Lorient have trailed 0-1 at half time in the last three match days, however they haven’t lost any of these games.
Nantes v Rennes
- Nantes have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 11 league encounters against Sochaux.
- Nantes have been defeated in four of their last five visits at Bonal in the league.
- Nantes have only scored a league-low 14 goals in the second halves of their matches.
- Sochaux have won six of their nine home fixtures in 2009 in Ligue 1.
- Nantes have only taken five points from the last 10 match days, a league-low.
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last six league meetings against PSG, however five of these have been draws.
- PSG’s last four visits at Nungesser have ended in draws.
- Paris SG have only conceded three goals in the last 10 minutes of their matches, they are Ligue 1’s best defence during that period.
- Valencienne’s nine wins this season in Ligue 1 have been at home.
- Paris have kept a clean sheet in their last three away matches, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Mateja Kezman has scored and assisted another goal in the last two match days, his first two starts this year in the league.