French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 24-25 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bordeaux - Le Mans
- Bordeaux have suffered two consecutive defeats in Ligue 1, for the first time since February 2007.
- Bordeaux have won their last three league encounters against Le Mans.
- Le Mans have managed to score four goals in their last two trips to Bordeaux in Ligue 1.
- Bordeaux remain unbeaten in their last 37 home matches in the top flight, winning the last 11.
- Le Mans and Grenoble are the only teams to have lost all of their away matches this season in Ligue 1.
- Le Mans have failed to score in their last three away fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Le Mans have conceded nine goals in the last 30 minutes of play, a league-high.
- Since last season, Bordeaux have won only 17% of their Ligue 1 matches without playmaker Yoann Gourcuff in the starting lineup.
- Ex Liverpool striker Anthony Le Tallec scored a brace against Bordeaux the last time these sides met in the league.
- Fernando Cavenaghi has netted three goals in the four competitive matches he has played against Le Mans.
Boulogne-sur-Mer - Monaco
- Boulogne have gone six consecutive league matches without a win, only Grenoble are on a worse run.
- Monaco are the only Ligue 1 side to have won their last two away matches.
- Monaco are currently fourth, at the same stage last season, they were 15th.
- League top scorer Nene has scored as many goals as the entire Boulogne team: seven.
- The four goals scored by Boulogne at Stade de la Liberation this season have come in the 15 minutes previous to half time.
Grenoble - Nancy
- Grenoble have made the worst ever start of a French top division season, with nine consecutive defeats. Across the five top leagues, surprisingly, only Manchester United have done worse, in 1930/31 (12).
- Since their return to the top flight last season, Grenoble have only netted nine goals in the first halves of their 47 league matches.
- Grenoble failed to score a single goal in their two league meetings against Nancy last term.
- May 16th 2009: it was the last time Grenoble avoided defeat at their ground in Ligue 1, Nancy were their opponents on that day (0-0).
- No team has conceded as many goals as Nancy in 2009 in Ligue 1: 44.
- Former Grenoble goalkeeper Grégory Wimbée saved 76% of the shots he faced last season, his replacements Jody Viviani (59%) and Ronan Le Crom (50%) have failed to reach the standards set by their predecessor.
Nice - Lyon
- The last time Nice managed to beat Lyon in the league was in 1995.
- Lyon have won in six of their last eight trips to Nice in Ligue 1.
- Three Nice players were sent off in the two meetings between these sides last season.
- Nice have conceded the most goals this season: 20, twice as many as they had shipped at the same stage last season (10).
- Defensive midfielder Jean II Makoun has netted three goals against Nice, his favorite opponent alongside Nantes.
- Since last season, Lyon have won only 30% of their Ligue 1 matches played after a Champions League fixture.
St Etienne - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have conceded 23 goals in their last six trips at St Etienne in Ligue 1 (3.8 on average).
- Valenciennes are the most prolific side alongside Montpellier with 17 goals scored this season.
- However, VAFC have conceded 15 goals, only two teams have shipped more.
- The four goals scored by Valenciennes striker Mamadou Samassa this season have opened the scoring.
- St Etienne striker Ilan has scored six goals in his last 10 league appearances.
- St Etienne new signing Gonzalo Bergessio has scored three goals in his three matches played at Geoffroy-Guichard.
- St Etienne manager Alain Perrin has never lost against Valenciennes.
- This match will be refereed by Christian Guillard, who has shown four red cards in the four league matches he has been in charge of this season.
Sochaux - Lorient
- Lorient have never been defeated at Bonal stadium in the league (four draws, one win).
- The last three Lorient trips to Sochaux have ended 1-1.
- Sochaux have never kept a clean sheet against Lorient in Ligue 1.
- Lorient have racked up 10 points out of a possible 12 in the last four match days, only Auxerre have displayed such form.
- Four of Sloan Privat's five league goals have been scored coming from the bench.
- Since arriving in the summer of 2008, Kevin Gameiro has already scored more goals at Lorient (18 in all competitions) than in his four seasons at Strasbourg (17).
- Olivier Monterrubio has managed the most assists this season in Ligue 1: four.
- None of the last 14 league matches involving Sochaux have ended in a draw, currently the longest run in the league.
Rennes - Montpellier
- Rennes have conceded the fewest goals (six), while Montpellier have scored the most (17 alongside Valenciennes).
- Montpellier have managed three consecutive wins, currently the longest run alongside Auxerre.
- Montpellier have 20 points, the best start of a season by a promoted team since the three-point rule was introduced in 1994.
- 76% of Montpellier's goals have been netted in the second half, the highest ratio this season in League 1.
- Montpellier are the only side to have scored in every match day this season in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have lost six of their last seven trips to Rennes in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have failed to score a single goal in their last three league fixtures.
- None of Asamoah Gyan's four league goals this season have been scored at home.
Auxerre - Lille
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last six league matches, currently the longest run.
- Auxerre have racked up 49 points in 2009, only Bordeaux (64), Marseille (62) and Lyon (53) have done better.
- Lille have won three of their last four trips to Auxerre in the league.
- Auxerre have scored exactly two goals in each of their last three league encounters against Lille.
- Auxerre have kept five clean sheets, only champions Bordeaux have kept as many.
- Lille have led in only three matches, Grenoble are the only side two have taken the lead in fewer fixtures (zero).
- Tulio de Melo's only two league goals with Lille were netted last season against Auxerre on match day six.
Lens - Toulouse
- Lens are unbeaten in their last 10 league encounters against Toulouse.
- Lens haven't won in six consecutive league matches, only Grenoble currently suffer a worse run.
- Toulouse have yet to win on the road this season in Ligue 1.
- Lens have conceded a league-high six goals in the opening 15 minutes of play.
- Toulouse have scored only one goal in their last four trips to Lens in the top flight.
Marseille - Paris SG
- 10 goals were scored in the two league encounters between these two sides last season.
- Paris have only won only one of their last nine league meetings against arch rivals Marseille, it was on their last trip to stade Vélodrome (4-2).
- PSG have failed to win their last five Ligue 1 fixtures.
- Four defenders have managed to score against Paris SG this season in Ligue 1, a record.
- PSG have conceded exactly one goal in their last four league matches.
- Marseille have netted a league-high nine goals in the first half.
- Bakari Kone has scored four goals in his last four appearances against Paris SG.
- Paris SG have kept only one clean sheet this season.