French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 26-27 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre v Grenoble
- Auxerre managed to keep a clean sheet in both their league meetings last season against Grenoble.
- Auxerre striker Ireneuzs Jelen scored a brace in their 2-0 win in Grenoble's last visit to l'Abbé-Deschamps.
- Grenoble haven't won in 11 consecutive match days, currently the longest winless run in the top flight.
- Grenoble have suffered seven consecutive defeats, currently the longest losing streak in France, it is also Grenoble's worst run in their history in the top flight.
- Grenoble's two goals have been scored by Danijel Ljuboja.
- Only Grenoble (two) have scored fewer goals than Auxerre (three) this season in Ligue 1.
- Grenoble have failed to score in the last three match days, currently the longest run in the league.
- Grenoble have only managed a poor 0.6 goal average per match since their promotion last season.
Lorient v Paris SG
- Of the 29 goals scored in 10 league meetings between these two sides, only seven have been netted at Moustoir stadium.
- Only one of the 10 encounters between Lorient and PSG has ended in a draw.
- Mevlut Erding has scored four goals in his last four appearances against Lorient in the league.
- Paris have conceded a league-high five goals in the last 10 minutes of their matches.
- Guillaume Hoarau, who was his side's top scorer last season, hasn't netted a goal in 364 minutes in Ligue 1, his longest ever goal drought in the top flight.
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last six home fixtures in the league.
- However they have failed to keep a clean sheet in 12 of their last 13 home matches.
- Marama Vahirua has scored or assisted four of Lorient's eight goals this season in the top flight.
Monaco v St Etienne
- St Etienne have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight trips to Louis II in the league.
- Monaco have won four matches this season, only leaders Bordeaux have done better.
- St Etienne have only won once in their last 20 matches at Monaco in Ligue 1.
- However St Etienne have taken five points from their last three visits to Monaco.
- Monaco have won their three home fixtures this season in the league, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- St Etienne have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 22 away matches, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Alejandro Alonso has been directly involved in four of Monaco's last five goals (scoring twice and managing two assists).
- St Etienne are the only side yet to score a goal in the second half this season.
Montpellier v Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Boulogne-sur-Mer have failed to score in their last three league meetings against Montpellier.
- Montpellier won two of these matches by a 3-0 score line.
- Alberto Costa scored twice the last time these sides met, the only brace in his professional career.
- 82% of Montpellier's goals have been scored in the second half (nine out of 11), the highest ratio this season in the league.
- Montpellier have scored in all six match days, only Lyon and Rennes have also managed to do so.
- Only two teams have scored more goals than promoted side Montpellier this season (11).
Nancy v Sochaux
- Three of the last four league meetings between these two sides have ended 1-1.
- Nancy have scored with 22% of their attempts, they are the most efficient side this season in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have only taken one point from the last four match days after having won the two opening fixtures.
- Nancy have kept a clean sheet in their two home matches this season in the league.
- None of Sochaux's 12 away matches in 2009 in the league have ended in a draw (nine defeats, three wins).
- Nancy new signing Paul Alo'o Efoulou has scored at least 10 goals in each of the previous four seasons.
Valenciennes v Marseille
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last 11 away fixtures, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes became last week the first side in Ligue 1 to score five goals in a match since the 2007/08 season.
- Valenciennes matches have produced the most goals this season: 20.
- Only one of Valenciennes's seven points this season has been bagged at home.
- Johan Audel has scored five goals in his last seven appearances in the league.
- Despite appearing in only two matches, Grégory Pujol has already scored three goals this season in Ligue 1.
- Mamadou Niang has scored in Marseille's three away matches this season in the top flight.
Lyon v Toulouse
- Toulouse haven't won at Lyon in the league since 1966.
- André-Pierre Gignac has never scored in six matches against Lyon.
- Seven Lyon goals have been netted by their new signings, a league-high.
- Toulouse matches have produced the fewest goals (10, alongside Auxerre's).
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last 10 league matches, only leaders Bordeaux have gone longer without defeat.
- Michel Bastos has scored three goals in four competitive appearances against Toulouse.
- Toulouse have drawn six of their last 10 away fixtures in the league.
Le Mans v Lens
- 18 goals have been scored in the last three competitive encounters between these two sides.
- Lens have never won at Le Mans in the top flight (two defeats, two draws).
- Le Mans have scored six goals in their last two matches against Lens in Ligue 1.
- Le Mans have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 12 league matches, currently the longest run.
- Lens have conceded a league-high four goals after the 90th minute.
- Since the 2007/08 season, Le Mans have only won 11% of their league matches without Mathieu Coutadeur, who was recently transferred to Monaco (one out of nine).
- Le Mans have lost the most points after having taken the lead: five.
Lille v Nice
- Nice have the worst defensive record this season, having already conceded 13 goals.
- Three of the last four encounters between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Nice's last two visits at Lille have ended 1-1.
- Nice have suffered four consecutive defeats, only Grenoble are currently on a worse run.
- Lille are among the three teams who have failed scored more than one goal in their fixtures this season in the league.
- Lille have conceded the most headed goals this season: four, alongside Sochaux.
Bordeaux v Rennes
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 36 home matches in the top flight, the longest run across the top five leagues in Europe.
- Only Bordeaux (14) have scored more goals than Rennes (12).
- Rennes have only scored seven goals in their last 14 visits at Bordeaux in the league.
- Bordeaux have kept a clean sheet in their last four league matches, currently the longest run.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 17 league fixtures, currently the longest run in the top five leagues in Europe.
- Rennes have scored a league-high eight goals in the first half.
- Yoann Gourcuff has netted three goals in two appearances against his former club.
- Bordeaux have scored at least once in their last 23 home fixtures, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Ghana international Asamoah Gyan has scored four goals in six appearances after having only netted one goal in 16 matches last season in the league.