French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 28-29 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arles-Avignon - Rennes
- Rennes have won just one of their last 11 league fixtures (six draws and four defeats).
- Franck Dja Djedje has scored twice this term, after netting just one goal in 22 previous Ligue 1 appearances, with Grenoble and PSG.
- Arles-Avignon was the best home team last season in Ligue 2; bagging 42 points at the Parc des Sports stadium.
- Rennes failed to win their three away games against promoted sides last term (one draw and two defeats).
- Rennes are the only side that managed to score three goals in an away match this term (3-0 at Nancy on 14th August).
Caen - Brest
- Brest have lost their last three trips to Caen, all in Ligue 2.
- The last time Brest won at Caen in a competitive match was the last time these sides met at the Stade d'Ornano in the top flight, on 2nd March 1991 (2-1).
- No league game between promoted sides last season produced a draw.
- Brest have failed to win their last eight top flight matches, a run that goes back to 1991.
- Brest have scored the joint-fewest goals so far this season (one).
- Youssef El Arabi has netted eight goals in his last 13 competitive appearances with Caen.
Lorient - Lyon
- Lorient have only won once in their 12 Ligue 1 meetings against Lyon, keeping just one clean sheet in the process.
- Lorient have suffered more league defeats against Lyon (eight) than against any other Ligue 1 side.
- Lorient have conceded the most goals so far this term (six).
- Claude Puel has never lost a Ligue 1 match against Christian Gourcuff as a manager (four wins and five draws).
- The three Lyon goals this season have come in the first half of games.
Nancy - Toulouse
- Toulouse have not won a top flight match at the Marcel-Picot stadium since 1985/86 (four draws and five defeats).
- Three of the last four league encounters between both sides have ended in a draw.
- Nancy have failed to score in their last five competitive meetings against TFC.
- A league-high 10 Toulouse players have been booked.
- Toulouse have equalled their best ever start of a Ligue 1 season, with three wins out of three.
- Daniel Braaten is the league top scorer with three goals in as many matches.
- Etienne Didot has already scored more goals this term (two) than last season (one goal in 26 Ligue 1 appearances).
St Etienne - Lens
- Lens have won their last three competitive encounters against St Etienne, scoring seven goals in the last two.
- St Etienne were the only team that lost both of their league games against Lens last term.
- Lens are unbeaten in their last four away games in the top flight (two wins and two draws), their longest undefeated run on the road since December 2006.
- Since joining Lens last season, Eduardo scored in both of his competitive appearances against St Etienne.
- All four goals scored by Lens this term have come in the second half of games.
Valenciennes - Montpellier
- Montpellier are unbeaten in their last three league meetings against Valenciennes (two wins and one draw).
- Montpellier have never managed to keep a clean sheet at Valenciennes.
- The four goals netted by Valenciennes this term have all come after the half time break.
- Valenciennes have drawn seven of their last nine league matches, winning the other two.
- Montpellier are the only team yet to concede a goal this season in Ligue 1.
Lille - Nice
- The last three league encounters between these sides have all ended 1-1.
- Five of the last six top flight games between these two clubs have been draws.
- Nice have failed to win their last six trips to Lille in the league (three defeats and three draws).
- Lille have won just one of their last 15 league games played in August (eight draws and six defeats).
- Nice have won just seven of their 38 trips to Lille in the top flight.
- Nice have drawn seven of their last nine league matches, winning the other two.
Monaco - Auxerre
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last three league matches against Monaco (two wins and one draw).
- Auxerre are the only team to concede the first goal of the game in each of the three match days this season.
- Monaco Auxerre and Lille are the only Ligue 1 teams with three draws out of three this season.
- Monaco have drawn more Ligue 1 matches than any other team this calendar year (10).
- Only current champions Marseille have managed to beat Monaco at the Louis II stadium this calendar year (in all competitions).
Sochaux - Paris SG
- Sochaux have lost 58% of their Ligue 1 matches against PSG, their highest defeat percentage against an opponent in the top flight.
- PSG have won more games against Sochaux than against any other Ligue 1 team (36).
- PSG have won their last three league encounters against Sochaux, scoring eight goals in the last two.
- PSG have scored in their last seven trips to Sochaux in Ligue 1.
- Ex Sochaux striker Mevlut Erding scored four goals against his former club last season.
Bordeaux - Marseille
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last five competitive encounters against Bordeaux (two wins and three draws).
- Marseille have not won a league match at Bordeaux since 1977 (17 defeats and eight draws).
- Five of the last six league encounters between these two sides at the Chaban-Delmas stadium have ended in draws.
- Three of the five Marseille goals this term have been scored by defenders (Taye Taiwo twice and Gabriel Heinze).
- All five goals conceded by Marseille this season have come after the half time break.