French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 3-4 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Grenoble v Montpellier
- Montpellier have been defeated in their last two trips to Grenoble (second division).
- 15 yellow cards and three red cards have been shown in Montpellier's last two visits at Grenoble.
- 83% of Montpellier's goals have been netted in the second half, the highest ratio this season in the league.
- Grenoble have failed to score in the last four match days, currently the longest run in the league.
- Grenoble are the first ever team in the French top division to lose their opening seven matches.
- Montpellier have scored in every fixture this season in Ligue 1, only Lyon have also managed to do so.
Nice v Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have lost their last three matches at Nice in the league, failing to score a single goal in the process.
- Nice have only won one of their last 12 Ligue 1 matches.
- Nice have failed to win any of their last six home fixtures in the league, the worse home form alongside Grenoble.
- French international Loïc Rémy has netted 67% of Nice goals this season in all competitions (four of six).
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in the last four match days, only Bordeaux and Lyon have gone longer without defeat.
- Valenciennes are unbeaten since Johan Audel made his first appearance this season in Ligue 1 (three wins, one draw), they have lost their three matches without him.
- Valenciennes have recouped the most points from losing positions this season: six.
Paris SG v Nancy
- Nancy have failed to score more than once in their last 10 league meetings against Paris.
- Paris SG have drawn 1-1 in the last two match days.
- Nancy have lost their last three away matches in the top flight, conceding seven goals in the process.
- Guillaume Hoarau has netted three goals in his last two league appearances against Nancy.
- Paris have bagged 2.25 points per match played by Mevlut Erding this season in Ligue 1 (four appearances), and 0.7 without the Turkish international.
Rennes v Auxerre
- Auxerre have lost four of their last five trips to Rennes in the league.
- Three of the last four Rennes v Auxerre have seen a player score a brace.
- Since 2008, only two sides have managed to win at Rennes in all competitions: current champions Bordeaux and Auxerre.
- 60% of Auxerre goals have been scored in the final 15 minutes (three of five), the highest ratio this season in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre won 5-0 at La Route de Lorient stadium in July 2001, Rennes' worst home defeat in the league since 1947.
- Defender Cédric Hengbart has scored or assisted three of Auxerre's five goals this season in Ligue 1.
- Kader Mangane has scored three goals this season in all competitions, the Rennes defender had failed to score in 34 matches last term.
St Etienne v Bordeaux
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 11 league meetings against St Etienne.
- Four of Bordeaux's last five trips to Geoffroy-Guichard have ended in a draw.
- St Etienne have only scored three goals in their last 10 league encounters against Bordeaux.
- Fernando Cavenaghi has scored in each of his last three league appearances against St Etienne, his last goal was scored at Geoffroy-Guichard Stadium on February 22nd.
- St Etienne new signing Gonzalo Bergessio has netted four goals in as many matches for his new side in all competitions.
- Bordeaux have kept a clean sheet in the last five match days, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 18 league matches (17 wins and one draw), currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
Sochaux v Le Mans
- None of the last 12 matches played by Sochaux in Ligue 1 have ended in a draw, currently the longest run.
- Sochaux have suffered five defeats, only Grenoble have lost more matches this season in Ligue 1.
- Le Mans have failed to win any of their last six away fixtures in the league, the longest current run alongside Grenoble.
- Sochaux have scored 10 goals in their last five home matches in the top flight.
- Le Mans have lost all of their away matches this season in Ligue 1, only Grenoble have also taken zero points on the road.
- Three players have scored a brace against Sochaux this season.
Lens v Lyon
- Lens have only won one of their last 13 matches against Lyon in the top flight.
- The last three encounters between these two sides have ended 3-0 (twice in Lyon's favour, once in Lens').
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last 11 Ligue 1 matches, and 15 in all competitions..
- Three red cards have been shown in the last two league matches played at Felix-Bollaërt stadium.
- Razak Boukari has netted four goals in his last seven appearances in all competitions for Lens.
- Bafetimbi Gomis has scored three goals in his last two appearances against Lens.
Boulogne-sur-Mer v Lille
- Alongside Grenoble, Lille are the only side yet to score more than once in a match this season in Ligue 1.
- Boulogne have only scored one goal in the last four match days.
- Lille took 16 points out of a possible 18 last season against promoted sides (five wins, one draw), conceding only two goals in the process.
- Lille's last three league matches have been goalless at half time.
- Pierre-Alain Frau's last seven goals in Ligue 1 have been netted after coming on as a substitute.
Toulouse v Lorient
- Lorient have never lost at Toulouse in the league (three draws, one win).
- Toulouse have never scored more than once in a league encounter against Lorient.
- Since the start of last season, Toulouse have only conceded 10 goals in 22 home matches in Ligue 1.
- Lorient have kept only one clean sheet in their last 23 top flight matches.
- For the first time in his career, Moussa Sissoko has scored in two consecutive match days.
Marseille v Monaco
- Marseille have won five of their last six league meetings against Monaco (one draw).
- Monaco have won only one of their last 23 trips at Marseille in the league, keeping only one clean sheet in the process: in last season's match (0-0).
- Monaco have failed to score in five of their last six away fixtures in the league.
- Fernando Morientes, who faces his former club, has netted six goals in his last 10 starts in the French League.
- Mamadou Niang is currently the top scorer in Ligue 1 with five goals; the Senegalese international has scored 12 in his last 15 league appearances.