French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 31 October - 1 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Montpellier
- Auxerre have failed to score a single goal in their last three league meetings against Montpellier.
- Montpellier won 1-0 in the last two encounters between these two sides in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre have won four consecutive matches and remain unbeaten in the last seven, currently the longest runs in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have conceded nine goals in their last three away fixtures.
- Auxerre have won 80% of their matches with striker Ireneuzs Jelen (4/5), and 20% without him (1/5) this season in the league.
- 21 goals have been scored in Montpellier's away matches, a record this season in the French league.
- Montpellier are the only team yet to concede a goal in the opening 30 minutes this season.
Bordeaux - Monaco
- For the first time this season, the top two sides clash.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in the last 10 league meetings against Monaco (seven wins, three draws).
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 38 home matches in the league, winning their last 12.
- The last visiting team that managed to avoid defeat at Chaban-Delmas is Galatasaray, in February 2009 (0-0).
- Marouane Chamakh has netted five goals in his last four league appearances against Monaco.
- Four of the nine goals scored by league top scorer Nene have come from direct free kicks.
- Monaco have racked up nine points on the road, only Marseille have bagged more (10).
- Monaco are amongst the three teams who have yet to draw this season in Ligue 1.
Boulogne-sur-Mer - Nancy
- Boulogne have failed to win their last seven league matches, only Grenoble are currently on a worse run.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their six second division encounters against Boulogne (five wins, one draw), conceding only one goal in the process.
- Boulogne will be without three strikers: Grégory Thil, Jérémy Blayac and Daniel Moreira, who have in total scored 62.5% of their side's tally.
- Nancy have been awarded a league-high four penalties, converting all of them.
- Nancy have bagged six points coming back from losing positions, a league high alongside Valenciennes.
- No promoted club has managed to beat Nancy in Ligue 1 since April 2007 (Lorient).
Grenoble - Lille
- Grenoble are the first ever team to lose their opening 10 matches in a French top flight season.
- No team having lost 10 consecutive matches over the course of a Ligue 1 season has managed to avoid relegation.
- Grenoble haven't won a league match since April 26th 2009, which amounts to 15 consecutive fixtures without success, currently the longest run.
- Daniel Ljuboja has scored 80% of Grenoble goals (4/5).
- Pierre-Alain Frau has scored on average one goal every 72 minutes, a record this season in the league.
- 10 goals have been scored in Lille's last two away fixtures.
- Four of Grenoble's five goals have been netted after the half time break (80%).
Lens - Lorient
- All four of Lorient's trips to Lens in Ligue 1 have ended 1-1.
- Lens have never kept a clean sheet against Lorient in the top flight (eight matches).
- Lens have lost their last four league fixtures, by at least a two-goal margin and without scoring a single goal.
- Lens have only won two of their last 14 home matches in Ligue 1.
- Lorient experienced winger Olivier Monterrubio has scored 28 penalties in Ligue 1 over the course of his career, 41% of his total tally (69).
- Only three of Lorient's 14 goals have been scored on the road.
- In 12 league trips to the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region, Lorient have won only once.
Marseille - Toulouse
- Toulouse are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against Marseille, drawing the last three.
- Toulouse have netted four goals in their last two trips to Marseille in the league.
- Marseille have conceded two goals in each of their last three competitive home matches.
- Toulouse matches have produced the fewest goals this season (17).
- André-Pierre Gignac has scored three goals against Marseille, all of them at stade Vélodrome.
- Toulouse midfield general Moussa Sissoko has already scored four goals in the league this season, equalling his total tally last term in 35 appearances.
- Marseille have always won when Brandao has scored (10 goals since joining in January).
- Mamadou Niang has scored 88 Ligue 1 goals over the course of his career, which is more than any currently active player in the top flight.
St Etienne - Lyon
- St Etienne have failed to win the last 18 Rhone derbies in the league, their last victory over their bitter rivals was in 1994 (3-0 at home). This is their longest winless run against Lyon.
- St Etienne have a +3 goal difference in the first half, and -6 in the second half.
- Lyon have lost their last two league matches, another defeat at St Etienne would mean their worst run in Ligue 1 since 1993.
- Bafetimbi Gomis returns to face his old club St Etienne, for whom he scored 48 goals in 134 competitive appearances.
- Since signing Ederson last season, Lyon have won 46% of their league matches with the Brazilian winger (19/41), and 100% without him (7/7).
- Despite sitting in 16th position, St Etienne have already managed to beat two Top 5 sides (Bordeaux and Monaco).
- 11 Lyon players have scored, a record this season in Ligue 1.
Nice - Le Mans
- The last three league meetings between these sides have ended in a draw.
- Le Mans currently have the worst away record this season: five defeats, 10 goals conceded and only one scored.
- No Ligue 1 ground has seen as many goals as Stade du Ray this season: 19.
- France international Loïc Rémy has scored five goals in his last six competitive appearances for Nice.
- The last three Nice league matches have produced five goals each.
- Nice have conceded the most goals this season: 21 alongside strugglers Grenoble.
Rennes - Valenciennes
- The last two league meetings between these two sides have ended goalless.
- Valenciennes have failed to score a single goal in their last three trips to Rennes in the league.
- The last time Rennes managed to score more than once in a league encounter against VAFC was in 1972.
- Valenciennes already have won more away matches this term (three) than in their previous two Ligue 1 seasons (one in total).
- Rennes have conceded only six goals, they are the best defence in Ligue 1.
- However Valenciennes have scored 19 goals, the most prolific tally alongside champions Bordeaux.
- Valenciennes have scored in the last eight match days, currently the longest run.
- Six Valenciennes goals have been netted by defenders, a record this season.
Sochaux - Paris SG
- Sochaux have come out victorious in only one of their last 16 league meetings against PSG.
- Sochaux have won their last three league fixtures, without conceding a single goal.
- Mevlut Erding returns to face his old club Sochaux, for whom he scored 24 goals in 79 league appearances.
- Paris SG have won 75% of their league matches with Mevlut Erding on the field (3/4), and have failed to win without the Turkish international (0/5).
- Sochaux have drawn only one league match in 2009, after having shared points in 18 fixtures in 2008.
- Over the course of his career, Sochaux playmaker Stéphane Dalmat has never scored a goal at Bonal stadium.