French Ligue 1: Opta Facts 8-9 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting
- Auxerre have won their previous three home fixtures in the league.
- Auxerre were the second best defence at home last season, conceding only 12 goals in 19 matches.
- Sochaux have kept only one clean sheet in their last 21 away fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre won 89% of the matches when they opened the scoring in the last term - a league-high.
- No team received more red cards than Sochaux last season in the top flight - six.
- Auxerre's Ireneuzs Jelen has scored six goals in his last five league appearances.
- Marseille were the most prolific attack last season in the top flight - 67 goals.
- Grenoble scored the fewest goals last season in Ligue 1 - only 24.
- Marseille have won their last eight away matches in the league - a record in the top flight.
- Grenoble have never won against Marseille in the top division (three defeats, one draw).
- Marseille put seven goals past Grenoble over their two encounters last season in the league.
- 67% of Grenoble goals last season came in the second half of matches - a league-high.
- Lyon have won in the opening fixtures of the past five seasons.
- Lyon have a 90% success rate against Le Mans in the league (nine wins in 10 matches).
- Le Mans had the second worst home record last season in the league (22 points).
- Lyon won 13 matches by at least a two-goal margin last season in the league, a record in 2008/09.
- Le Mans have failed to win their last six league matches - currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse have been defeated in the opening match in the last three seasons.
- Monaco have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven home fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Monaco have only managed to beat Toulouse once in their last seven league encounters.
- Toulouse have scored seven goals in their last three visits at Louis II in the top flight.
- André-Pierre Gignac scored 53% of Toulouse's goals last season in the league.
- Toulouse were the league's best defence last term, with only 27 goals conceded in 38 fixtures.
- PSG have failed to win the opening fixture in the last three seasons.
- Montpellier were the best attack in the second division last season with 61 goals scored.
- New PSG manager Antoine Kombouaré - who joined from Valenciennes - has not won an away match in the league since August 2007.
- Paris SG have failed to score more than one goal in their previous seven away matches in the league.
- Montpellier have taken seven points from Paris SG's last three visits in the top flight (two wins, one draw).
- Rennes lost only one home match last season in all competitions.
- Rennes have failed to win the opening fixture of the last four seasons.
- This will be Boulogne's first ever match in the top flight.
- No team drew more games than Rennes last season in Ligue 1 - 16.
- Rennes' Mickaël Pagis scored the only hat trick last season in the league.
- Boulogne-sur-Mer's Grégory Thil was top scorer of the second division last season - 18 goals.
- Boulogne-sur-Mer had the best away record last season in Ligue 2 - 31 points.
- St Etienne haven't won in the first match day since 1991!
- 78% of St Etienne's points last season were bagged at home - a league-high.
- Nice are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against St Etienne (four wins, one draw).
- Nice have kept a clean sheet in their last two visits at Geoffroy-Guichard in Ligue 1.
- 21 - St Etienne conceded by far the most headed goals last season in the top flight.
- Nice have only taken two points from their last six away matches in the league.
- New Nice signing Mamadou Bagayoko scored in the last three match days last season with Nantes.
- Valenciennes have only scored once in their last five league meetings against Nancy.
- Nancy beat Valenciennes in their two encounters last season in the league.
- Nancy only opened the scoring in 11 fixtures last season the league - a league-low.
- 77% of Valenciennes' points last season were taken at home.
- Valenciennes' Johan Audel has netted four goals in his last four league appearances.
- Lille are unbeaten on match day one in the least six seasons.
- Lille scored in 18 of their 19 home fixtures last season.
- Lorient scored 47 goals last term - their most prolific season in the top flight.
- Lorient have never won at Lille in the league (two defeats and two draws).
- Lorient have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 16 league matches - currently the longest run.
- Bordeaux won Ligue 1 last season while Lens finished top of Ligue 2.
- Lens have failed to win any of their last eight visits at Bordeaux in the top flight, losing 1-0 in the last three.
- Bordeaux have won the opening fixture in the last four seasons.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 33 home fixtures in Ligue 1 - currently the longest run.
- Bordeaux were the only side to always score at home last season in the league.
Yoann Gourcuff won the most matches last season in Ligue 1 - 24.