French Ligue 1 Opta football betting facts & statistics: 25-26 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Lyon v Paris SG
- Lyon have only won three of their last 12 home games in all competitions.
- PSG have been defeated in their last three visits at Gerland in the league, conceding nine goals in the process.
- Lyon have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last five encounters against PSG in Ligue 1.
- PSG have conceded 11 goals in their five away fixtures against current top 7 ranked teams.
- Paris have kept a clean sheet in the last two match days.
- Paris have scored the most goals in the first half of games: 26.
- No team in Ligue 1 have led at half time in more games than Paris SG and Lyon (14).
- Lyon have always won when Karim Benzema has scored this season in L1.
- Lyon have scored a league-high 12 goals in the 15 minutes before half-time.
Le Havre v Grenoble
- None of Le Havre’s last 17 league fixtures have ended in a draw – currently the longest run in L1.
- Le Havre’s last draw in L1 was on 22nd November 2008, against Grenoble.
- Despite having netted the fewest goals (22), Grenoble have scored in each of the last seven match days, currently the longest run in the top flight.
- Grenoble have never won at Le Havre in the league (L1 & L2): nine defeats, five draws.
- 50% of Grenoble’s goals have been scored after the 75th minute – the highest ratio this season in L1.
- Grenoble haven’t won any of their last 10 away fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Le Havre have suffered a league-high 12 home defeats this season.
Le Mans v Monaco
- Monaco have won seven of their nine league meetings against Le Mans.
- Monaco have only conceded one goal in their four visits at Le Mans in Ligue 1.
- Monaco’s Juan Pablo Pino has scored three goals in the last two match days.
- Le Mans have won their last two L1 fixtures, by the same score line: 2-0.
- Monaco have only won one of their last seven games on the road in Ligue 1.
- Monaco beat Le Mans 3-0 in their first meeting this season, their biggest win and Le Mans’ worst defeat this season.
Auxerre v Caen
- Caen have never won at Auxerre: nine defeats and one draw.
- Caen have failed to score in their last three visits at l’Abbé-Deschamps
- Auxerre striker Daniel Niculae currently holds this season’s L1 record of most shots without a single goal scored: 45.
- Auxerre have failed to score in 17 league games, a record this season.
- Caen’s Steve Savidan scored against Auxerre in the past two seasons, while playing for Valenciennes.
- Only eight Auxerre goals (out of 26) have been scored by French players, a league low this season.
- Caen have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 away fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Caen and Auxerre are the only sides yet to win after conceding first this season in L1.
Nancy v Nantes
- Nantes have been defeated in their last three away games in L1.
- Nantes have trailed at half time in 14 games, a league high this season.
- However Nancy have only taken the lead five times at home, a league low.
- Nantes have only taken one point in their last four visits at Nancy in the league: three defeats, one draw, scoring only once in the process.
- Nancy top scorer Youssouf Hadji scored in the first meeting between both sides earlier this season, he has also put his name on the score sheet in the last two match days.
Toulouse v Lorient
- Toulouse have always won after leading at half-time this season in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse have conceded the fewest goals: 22, and only seven at home.
- Lorient have kept a clean sheet in the last three league encounters between these two teams.
- Lorient are unbeaten at Stadium in the top flight (one win, two draws).
- Only three goals have been scored in the last five league meetings between these two teams.
- Lorient have suffered five defeats after having opened the scoring, a record this season, only shared with relegation strugglers Le havre.
- Only Marseille (26) have scored more away goals than Lorient (22).
- Kevin Gameiro has scored three goals in four league encounters against Toulouse.
Nice v St Stienne
- St Etienne are the only Ligue 1 side yet to keep a clean sheet in 2009.
- Nice have scored a league-high 10 goals after the 80th minute.
- St Etienne failed to score in their last three league encounters against Nice.
- None of their last 14 L1 meetings at Stade du Ray have ended in a draw.
- Six points: St Etienne have the poorest record on the road this season in the top flight, they have been defeated in their last three away fixtures.
- St Etienne are the only team yet to draw 0-0 this season in Ligue 1.
- Six of Ilan’s 10 goals in all competitions this season have come in braces – the St Etienne striker has yet to score on the road this season in Ligue 1.
- Loïc Rémy has netted four of Nice’s last five goals.
Sochaux v Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have won none of their last 32 away fixtures, currently the longest run in Ligue 1 and their longest ever in the top division.
- Sochaux have prevailed in the last four Valenciennes visits in the league.
- Valenciennes have scored a league-low six goals on the road.
- To make matters worse, VAFC have failed to score in their last five away games in the league.
- None of Sochaux’s last 13 league matches have ended in a draw.
- Both teams have failed to score in three of the last four match days.
- Former Rangers striker Jean-Claude Darcheville has scored five goals in eight L1 encounters against Sochaux in his professional career.
Lille v Marseille
- Lille have scored the most goals at home this season: 29
- Marseille have scored the most away goals: 26
- Marseille are the best team on the road: 33 points.
- OM striker Brandao has scored in each of the last four match days.
- Marseille haven’t lost in 10 consecutive league fixtures, currently the longest run in the top flight.
- Marseille have won their last five away fixtures, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- 15 goals have been scored in the last four league meetings between these two sides.
- Lille have only managed to win in one of Marseille’s last five visits in L1.
- Marseille have been awarded the most penalties this season: five, and are yet to concede one this season.