French Ligue One Opta Facts 19th to 20th March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre v Sochaux
- Sochaux have only won three of their 24 away league games against Auxerre, suffering 16 defeats.
- None of the last 32 top-flight encounters between Auxerre and Sochaux have ended in a goalless draw.
- The last four encounters between these two sides at Auxerre have all ended 1-0, twice for Auxerre and twice for Sochaux.
- Auxerre have never scored more than one goal per game in Ligue 1 since mid-november.
- Auxerre have conceded the opening goal 18 times, a league-high this season.
- Sochaux have won their last two away league games, their best run this season.
- Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga has scored three goals in his last four away league games.
Brest v Lille
- Lille have only won one of their 10 top-flight trips to Brest.
- Lille have scored the winning goal after the 89th minute four times this season, a league-high.
- Brest have only picked up one point against teams from the top-five this season.
- Lille are unbeaten on Saturdays in Ligue 1 this season, with five wins and two draws.
- 41% of Brest's goals have been scored in the last 15 minutes of play, the highest proportion this season.
- Lille striker Moussa Sow has scored five goals in three league games against clubs from Brittany this season.
- Brest have picked up the fewest bookings this season in Ligue 1 (36).
Lorient v St Etienne
- Lorient have won their last five league games against St Etienne, scoring 15 goals.
- St Etienne have never won at Lorient's Moustoir stadium in Ligue 1 with two draws and two defeats.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored four goals in his last two appearances against St Etienne in Ligue 1.
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last 10 home league games (seven wins, three draws).
- With only seven goals conceded, no side can boast a better home defensive record than Lorient in Ligue 1 this season.
- Lorient have drawn their last three league games, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have scored in 24 league games this season but haven't scored yet in their two games played in Brittany (0-0 at Rennes and 0-2 at Brest).
Montpellier v Lens
- Lens have failed to win any of their last 12 away league games.
- Montpellier have won only seven of their 33 top-flight games against Lens.
- Lens are winless in their last seven league games, only Arles-Avignon are currently on a worse run (15).
- Lens have failed to score in their last 301 minutes of league football, the longest current drought.
- Lens are the only side in Ligue 1 who have yet to score away from home in 2011.
- Montpellier have picked up the most red cards in Ligue 1 this season (6).
- Olivier Giroud has scored 39% of Montpellier's goals in Ligue 1 this season, that's nine out of 23.
Toulouse v Nice
- Nice have won their last three league games against Toulouse, without conceding a single goal.
- Nice have scored five goals in their last three league trips to Toulouse.
- None of Toulouse's last 16 league games have ended in a draw, the longest current run.
- Toulouse have lost their last two home league games, their worst run this season.
- Nice have kept a clean sheet in their last 286 minutes of league football, the best current run.
- Toulouse have always won when their Paraguayan striker Federico Santander has scored in the league this season (four wins).
Valenciennes v Bordeaux
- Bordeaux have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 top-flight encounters with Valenciennes.
- Valenciennes have won four of their last five home encounters with Bordeaux in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes have kept a clean sheet in their last three home league games, with the last two ending goalless.
- Bordeaux's last seven league goals away from home have all come from set-pieces.
- Valenciennes have failed to win any of their last four league games.
- Bordeaux striker Anthony Modeste is the most prolific goalscorer from the penalty spot in Ligue 1 this season with four conversions.
- Valenciennes striker Grégory Pujol is experiencing his most prolific league campaign to date with 11 goals.