German Bundesliga Facts – 22nd - 24th January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
SC Freiburg v VfB Stuttgart
- Freiburg have lost 12 of the 21 derbies against Stuttgart (seven wins, two draws). At home, though, Freiburg have won six, losing just three and drawing one.
- Freiburg have won just five points at home - the joint-worst home record in the league.
- VfB are still unbeaten under their new manager, Christian Gross. After victory over Urziceni in the Champions League, they have taken seven points from three games in the Bundesliga.
- Freiburg have not scored for 309 minutes - only Nurnberg have gone longer without a goal.
Werder Bremen v FC Bayern München
- Bremen have only lost one of the last eight Bundesliga meetings with Bayern (three wins, four draws).
- None of the last six matches between the clubs have ended in a home win.
- For the first time in seven years, Bremen have lost their last three games.
- Bayern have won each of their last seven competitive matches (five in the Bundesliga, two in the Champions League).
- Werder have only scored one goal in their last four Bundesliga outings.
VfL Bochum v FC Schalke 04
- The last 13 matches between the clubs haven't produced a single draw.
- Bochum have won just one of their eight home games this season (three draws, four defeats).
- Schalke have lost just one of their last twelve Bundesliga games (eight wins, three draws), with the last four all being clean-sheet victories.
- Schalke have scored a league high nine headed goals this season, Bochum have conceded a league high nine headed goals.
- Schalke have the best defensive record in the Bundesliga (13 goals conceded).
- Kevin Kuranyi has scored the opening goal in three out of Schalke's last four games.
1. FSV Mainz 05 v Hannover 96
- 96 haven't won any of their last seven games (a league high), Mainz are winless in six.
- Hannover haven't lost any of their last five Bundesliga clashes against Mainz (two wins, three draws).
- Mainz are one of three Bundesliga teams (also Leverkusen and Bayern) yet to be beaten at home this season.
- Former Schalke coach Mirko Slomka will oversee his first match as 96 head coach in this game.
1. FC Nürnberg v Eintracht Frankfurt
- Nurnberg have lost their last five games without scoring a single goal, for the first time since autumn 1978. A sixth successive defeat without a goal scored would set a new negative club record.
- Frankfurt are unbeaten in their last five Bundesliga games (three wins, two draws).
- Eintracht defenders have scored a league high eight goals this season, while FCN defenders are yet to score.
- Albert Bunjaku has scored five out of Nurnberg's last seven goals.
Hertha BSC Berlin v Borussia Monchengladbach
- Borussia have scored at least one goal in each of their last six games, only Wolfsburg (eight) and Bayern (seven) are on a better run.
- Hertha have conceded 39 goals this season, more than any other team.
- Borussia goalkeeper Logan Bailly has kept out only 62.9% of all shots on target, which is the worst record of all regular goalkeepers.
- Borussia coach Michael Frontzeck will oversee his 100th Bundesliga match in this fixture.
- Out of the last 10 meetings with Borussia in the Olympic Stadium, Hertha have won six and drawn three.
Borussia Dortmund v Hamburger SV
- The meeting before the winter break saw Hamburg go 3-1 ahead after only 12 minutes of action (final score: 4-1). The last time four goals were scored that quickly in the Bundesliga was on the 19th of March 1988 in the game between Schalke and Stuttgart (3-4).
- Five of the past six BL clashes against the northern Germans have ended in defeat for Borussia
- Dortmund have won five in a row, the first time they have done so since early 2009, when they went on to enjoy seven consecutive victories. Hamburg have won their last three matches.
- The visitors from Hamburg are the only team other than Leverkusen to remain undefeated on the road, picking up 14 points in eight away games.
VfL Wolfsburg v 1. FC Köln
- Cologne are yet to win a Bundesliga game at Wolfsburg (four defeats, two draws).
- Wolfsburg haven't won any of their last eight competitive games (three draws, five defeats).
- A league high 68 goals were scored in games involving Wolfsburg, a league low 30 goals in games involving Cologne.
- Cologne have kept ten clean sheets this season, more than any other team.
- Lukas Podolski hasn't scored in 1123 minutes, a career high for the Cologne and Germany striker.
1899 Hoffenheim v Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- Apart from newly promoted Mainz, Leverkusen are the only current Bundesliga opponent that Hoffenheim have failed to win a single point against.
- In their first meeting this season, Leverkusen won 1-0. Last season they won considerably more easily, though (5-2 and 4-1).
- After 18 games Leverkusen are still unbeaten, prior to this, only two other Bundesliga teams had ever managed it (Bayern in 1988/89 and HSV in 1982/83).
- Hoffenheim have not won in three games at home (two defeats, one draw), while Leverkusen are unbeaten in their last nine away games, although the last five have all been draws.
- Hoffenheim have not won a single game against a team from the top half of the table this season.