German Bundesliga Opta Facts - 10-12 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hoffenheim vs Schalke 04
- The Bundesliga head-to-head record between these two teams is even (one win each and two draws). The last two games in Hoffenheim have ended in draws (1-1, 0-0).
- Hoffenheim have played six times on a Friday in the BL and are yet to win (two draws, four defeats).
- After the opening two games, Hoffenheim have the best chance conversion rate (35.7%) and the best shooting accuracy (71.4%) in the league.
- Schalke scored 23 of their 53 goals from set pieces last season - the third-most in the league. So far this season, their two goals have also come from set pieces.
- Hoffenheim have not kept a clean sheet at home for 13 BL games - since their 3-0 win over Nürnberg in October 2009.
Hamburg vs Nurnberg
- Hamburg have won 20 of their 28 home matches against Nurnberg in the Bundesliga (four draws, four defeats).
- Last season, Hamburg won both of their meetings with Nurnberg 4-0.
- Hamburg have won both of their league matches so far this season and are unbeaten in their last four (three wins), spanning over seasons.
- Nurnberg won only one of their last 18 Bundesliga encounters with Hamburg (four draws, 13 losses).
- Nurnberg have failed to score a goal in their last six matches with Hamburg.
- Nurnberg have won none of their last four away matches (three defeats) - the longest run of this kind, alongside Frankfurt.
Borussia M'gladbach vs Eintracht Frankfurt
- M'gladbach won both of their meetings with Frankfurt last season (2-1 away & 2-0 at home).
- M'gladbach have scored a league-high seven goals in the Bundesliga so far this season.
- M'gladbach's last three league home matches have all ended 1-1.
- Frankfurt have conceded at least one goal in their last 13 league matches (and at least two in their last eight), while Gladbach have scored at least once in their last ten.
- Frankfurt have lost both of their league matches this season and have been waiting for a Bundesliga win for seven matches now.
Freiburg vs Stuttgart
- Freiburg lost their opening home match against newly promoted St. Pauli, after winning their final three at home last season in the Bundesliga.
- Freiburg have failed to score a goal in only one of their last 13 league matches.
- There has been only one draw in the two teams' last 14 encounters with one another.
- Stuttgart have won seven of their last eight meetings with Freiburg (one defeat).
- Stuttgart have won three of the last four matches in Freiburg (one loss).
- Stuttgart have been defeated in both of their league matches this season.
Hannover vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Hannover have won only four of their 22 league matches with Leverkusen (seven draws, 11 defeats), and only two of their 11 league games at home against Leverkusen (six draws, three losses).
- Hannover have scored only one goal in their last six meetings with Leverkusen - that goal was good enough for a 1-0 win in February 2009 (one draw, four defeats).
- Hannover havewon both of their league matches so far this season, and their last four, spanning over seasons.
- After losing four of their last five Bundesliga away matches last season (one draw), Leverkusen won their opening away match of this season; 2-0 at Dortmund.
- In their last league match against Mönchengladbach, Leverkusen conceded six goals - the most since their 4-7 defeat at Schalke in February 2006.
Borussia Dortmund vs Wolfsburg
- In their last 6 meetings with Dortmund (07/08, 08/09 and 09/10), Wolfsburg have managed three wins and two draws, losing just once.
- Dortmund have not won any of their last three Bundesliga home matches against Wolfsburg (two draws, one loss).
- Dortmund have lost only one of their last seven home matches in the league - that was their season opener against Leverkusen (0-2).
- On matchday 2, Wolfsburg squandered a three-goal-lead and lost. This hadn't happened to any team in more than 19 years - on May 31, 1991, Düsseldorf lost 3-4 against Bochum.
- Wolfsburg have failed to score only once in their last 26 league matches - that was on matchday 32 of last season in Freiburg (0-1).
Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen
- Bayern's last home victory over Werder dates back almost five years to November 2005, when Claudio Pizarro scored a goal for Bayern and Miroslav Klose bagged one for Werder. Bayern ended up winning 3-1.
- This is the 99th competitive match between FC Bayern Munich and Werder Bremen (46 Bayern victories, 25 draws, 27 Bremen victories). The 100th meeting will also take place very soon, with the two clubs clashing in the DFB-Cup on October 26th.
- Werder Bremen defeated Bayern 5-2 in their Oktoberfest opening game of 2008. This year, Munich's famous Oktoberfest only starts a week after they play Bremen. A good omen for Werder?
- FC Bayern were the league's strongest home team in 2009/10 while Bremen were its best away team.
- Bayern had 72% of the possession at Kaiserlautern and 68% against Wolfsburg - no team has registered better figures this season.
Mainz vs Kaiserslautern
- This will be the fifth time that 1. FSV Mainz 05 and 1. FC Kaiserslautern have clashed in the Bundesliga. The record between these teams is balanced (two wins each).
- For the first time in their Bundesliga history, Mainz have started a season with two wins. The last time they did so was eight years ago in the second flight.
- Mainz haven't lost any of their last four competitive games against Kaiserslautern (one victory, three draws). Their last defeat against Lautern came more than four years ago (February 2006; 0-2 at Mainz).
- FSV haven't lost any of their last seven Bundesliga games (four wins, three draws). Their last defeat came more than five months ago (0-2 at Nürnberg, April 3, 2010).
- Mainz have only lost two of their last 21 home games (13 wins, six draws) and are undefeated for four matches (two wins, two draws). The last match they lost came in March, against Wolfsburg (0-2).
- No team has conceded fewer goals in their last two matches than Kaiserslautern (one, like Hoffenheim).
FC Koln vs St. Pauli
- St. Pauli haven't won against Koln in nine competitive matches (7 defeats, 2 draws). Their last victory came back to 14 September 1998, a second-division away match that ended 4-1 and saw Holger Stanislawski and Andre Trulsen take the field for the North Germans.
- Koln have won six of seven BL home games against St. Pauli (1 loss).
- Koln have won just one of their last nine home games in 2010 (4 draws, 4 defeats).
- FC Koln haven't won in five matches - only Frankfurt (7) are on a longer run without a win. No fewer than four of these five games have ended in defeat.
- St. Pauli have won just one of the last 23 away games in the Bundesliga (16 losses, 6 draws): it was the season opener at Freiburg.
- Since being promoted back to the BL in 2008, 1. FC Koln have gained more points on the road (45 in 2 campaigns) than at home (32 points).
- None of St. Pauli's last 14 BL fixtures have ended in a draw, easily the longest streak in the league.