German Bundesliga Opta Facts - 15-17 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
FC Bayern München v 1899 Hoffenheim
- Hoffenheim are yet to win their first match against Bayern (two draws, one defeat).
- FC Bayern have won their last six competitive matches and are undefeated in ten games in the league (only Leverkusen are on a longer such run).
- Hoffenheim haven't won any of their last four matches (two draws, two losses).
- Hoffenheim have only managed to score more than one goal in one of their last seven matches.
Hannover 96 v Hertha BSC
- Hannover haven't won any of their last five games (one draw, four defeats).
- Hertha have only won one game this season - on MD1 against Hannover (1-0).
- Hannover are unbeaten against Hertha in their last four home meetings and have scored at least two goals in each of these games.
- These two sides are currently on the longest winless runs in the Bundesliga (Hertha 16 games, Hannover six games).
Eintracht Frankfurt v Werder Bremen
- Werder have won five of their last six games at Eintracht (one defeat).
- Last season Werder thrashed Eintracht 5-0 both at home and away. Eintracht took revenge with a 3-two away victory on the opening day of this season, however.
- Eintracht are unbeaten in four Bundesliga games (two wins, two draws), whilst Werder are without a win in any of their last four Bundesliga matches (two draws, two defeats).
- Eintracht have scored at least one goal in each of their last five Bundesliga games, only Wolfsburg (seven) and Bayern (six) are on a better run.
- Bremen have scored just once in their last three Bundesliga games.
Borussia M'gladbach v VfL Bochum
- Borussia have scored in each of their last five games, only two teams are on a longer run.
- Bochum are unbeaten in 14 games against Gladbach (seven wins, seven draws).
- Bochum have won their last two games at Borussia-Park without conceding a goal.
- Only Hertha (39) have conceded more goals than Bochum in the Bundesliga this season (33, like Freiburg).
Hamburger SV v SC Freiburg
- HSV haven't lost any of the last six competitive games against Freiburg (three wins, three draws).
- Freiburg have only won one of their 10 games at Hamburger SV (three draws, six defeats).
- Freiburg have claimed 13 of their 18 points away from home - at 72% the highest percentage in the league.
- Hamburg's last three defeats have come at home - and all of them against teams placed in the bottom half of the table when these games were played.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen v 1. FSV Mainz 05
- Mainz's last, and only, defeat in Leverkusen came almost five years ago - in February 2005 when they lost 0-2.
- Mainz have only lost twice in seven Bundesliga games against Leverkusen (three wins, two draws).
- The best home team (Leverkusen, 20 points) will face the third-worst away team Mainz (six points). Only Nürnberg (five) and Hertha (one) have earned fewer points on the road than Mainz.
- Mainz have not won for five games (three draws, two defeats) - only Hannover (six) and Hertha (16) are on a longer streak. They have scored only twice during this run.
VfB Stuttgart v VfL Wolfsburg
- The 3-1 victory over Hoffenheim on match day 17 gave Stuttgart their first victory at home after seven consecutive home games without a win.
- Wolfsburg's last win at Stuttgart dates back almost 10 years when VfL coasted to a 5-2 victory in April 2000, as Jonathan Akpoborie chalked up a hat-trick.
- The reigning champions haven't won in five matches, with only Hertha (16) and Hannover (six) currently on an even longer drought.
- The campaign's first half witnessed 64 goals scored in games involving Wolfsburg, by far the most of all teams in the league. By contrast, VfB's league matches saw only 39 strikes, the second-fewest behind Köln (25).
FC Schalke 04 v 1. FC Nürnberg
- Schalke have won their last five competitive games against Nürnberg.
- Schalke have won their last three games and haven't conceded a goal for five hours and 55 minutes.
- Nürnberg have conceded at least one goal in each of their last eight games - currently the longest run in the league.
- For the first time since 1990 Nürnberg have lost four games in a row without scoring.
FC Köln v Borussia Dortmund
- Köln have won just once in the last 11 meetings between these two sides (three draws, seven defeats).
- Köln have not won any of their last four opening games for the second half of the season, the longest run of all current Bundesliga teams.
- Dortmund are currently on the second-longest unbeaten run in the league (ten games), as well as being unbeaten in their last five opening games following the winter break.
- No team has kept as many clean sheets as Köln this season (ten). They have not conceded a goal for 361 minutes in the Bundesliga, currently the longest-such run in the league. Dortmund are third at 125 minutes.