German Bundesliga Opta Facts - 15th-17th October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Köln v Dortmund
- Cologne have only won one of their last 12 games against Dortmund (three draws, eight defeats).
- BVB have won six of their last seven games against Cologne (one draw).
- Dortmund are the team against which Cologne have failed to score the most often in the Bundesliga (21 times).
- Cologne haven't lost any of their last 10 home games on Friday evenings (six wins, four draws), Dortmund have only lost one of their last 12 games on that day of the week (six wins, five draws).
- Borussia have won their last six consecutive Bundesliga games and scored 18 goals in the process.
- Borussia have conceded the fewest goals in the league (five). In their last six Bundesliga games BVB have not conceded more than one goal.
Mainz v Hamburg
- Mainz celebrated their first ever Bundesliga win against Hamburg in August 2004 (2-1 home win).
- Mainz haven't lost any of their last four games against HSV (one win, three draws).
- Mainz have won all seven of their games this season, if they win this game it would be a new Bundesliga record.
- Mainz haven't lost any of their last 12 Bundesliga games (nine wins, three draws) - the longest current run of all teams.
- Hamburg have scored in their last 10 Bundesliga games, the last time they didn't score they lost 0-1 against Mainz on matchday 31 of last season.
- Hamburg have conceded at least one goal in 11 of their last 12 Bundesliga matches.
Bayern v Hannover
- Hannover have lost 18 of their 21 matches at Munich (two draws). Their only away victory at FCB dates back to November 8, 2006 (1-0).
- H96 have won only one of their last seven Bundesliga matches against Bayern (six losses) - a home match on September 27, 2008 (1-0).
- Bayern Munich have already lost three of their first seven league matches - they only lost four overall last season.
- Bayern have only won two of their seven league games this season and have failed to score in four of seven matches.
- Hannover have won six of their last nine league fixtures (one draw, two losses).
- Hannover have only kept one clean sheet in seven games this season.
Schalke v Stuttgart
- Nine of the last 12 duels between these sides has won by the home team (two away wins, one draw).
- Schalke have won 10 of their last 12 home games against Stuttgart (one draw, one loss).
- Last season Schalke won both games against Stuttgart 2-1.
- With one win and one draw after seven matchdays - Schalke haven't started a season so badly for 17 years.
- Stuttgart have only once before started a Bundesliga season with one win and six losses (1974/75).
- Schalke are yet to win at home this season (two defeats, one draw). Their last win at home was on the 17th of April 2010 (3-1 against Gladbach).
St. Pauli v Nürnberg
- St. Pauli have only won one of their eight Bundesliga duels against Nürnberg (two draws, five defeats).
- St. Pauli haven't won any of their four home games in the Bundesliga against Nürnberg (one draw, three defeats) and they haven't scored in three of those four games.
- St. Pauli haven't won any of their last seven Bundesliga home games (two draws, five losses).
- Nürnberg haven't won any of their last seven away games in the Bundesliga, drawing three of the last four.
- St. Pauli have won only one of their 10 points this season at home.
- Nürnberg haven't scored more than one goal in an away game this season and haven't scored in their last two away games.
Bremen v Freiburg
- Freiburg have won only five of their 22 Bundesliga matches against Bremen (15 defeats, 2 draws).
- It has been more than nine years since Freburg's last win against Werder (27th of July 2001, 3-0 H).
- The last four meetings of the two sides have been won by Bremen with a margin of at least three goals, all four games added together make it 20-1 goals for Bremen.
- Freiburg have scored in 11 Bundesliga matches - the longest current run (together with Hoffenheim).
- In five of Bremen's seven matches there have been at least four goals scored.
- All four of Freiburg's wins this season have been by a margin of just one goal.
Wolfsburg v Leverkusen
- Leverkusen have defeated Wolfsburg 13 times in the Bundesliga. The Wolves, on the other hand, have claimed only nine victories (4 draws) - all of them at home.
- Not a single clash between these two clubs has resulted in a goalless draw: the 26 BL matches played thus far have yielded an average of 3.08 goals per game.
- In each of the last five encounters the respective home side has scored precisely two goals.
- VfL have managed to win just one of their last six matches against Leverkusen - a 2-1 victory on match day 28 of their championship winning campaign in 2008/09 (1 draw, 4 defeats).
- The Wolves have netted at least once in each of their last 38 home matches.
- As a BL head coach, Heynckes has faced VfL six times, losing only once (3 wins, 2 draws): a 3-0 away defeat with Schalke on match day four of the 2004/05 campaign.
Kaiserslautern v Frankfurt
- Kaiserslautern have won 18 times against Frankfurt at home, losing just six times (14 draws).
- Kaiserslautern have scored at least once in each of their last 15 BL games with Frankfurt.
- Frankfurt have won just one of the last five BL games against Kaiserslautern - their last away game there (2005/06, 2-1).
- Kaiserslautern have the worst form of all BL teams, with just one point from the last five BL games. Their last win was a 2-0 victory over Bayern Munich - their only home win of the season.
- Frankfurt have only failed to score once this season - 0-1 against Freiburg.
- Frankfurt are one of five teams yet to draw this season. Their last draw was nine games ago - the longest run in the league.
Hoffenheim v Mönchengladbach
- This game marks the fifth time that Hoffenheim and Mönchenladbach have met in the Bundesliga - Gladbach have not been able to win any of their last four league matches against Hoffenheim (two draws, two defeats).
- This is Mönchengladbach's 43rd Bundesliga campaign, but never before have they conceded as many as 20 goals in their first seven games.
- After having begun their season with three victories, Hoffenheim haven't won any of the last four matches (two draws, two defeats).
- TSG Hoffenheim have scored at least one goal in all of their last 11 Bundesliga outings. They are tied with Freiburg for the longest such-run in the league.
- Gladbach have won only one match this season (6-3 at Leverkusen) - they haven't won any of their last five Bundesliga fixtures (two draws, three defeats).
- Mönchengladbach have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 league fixtures - which is the longest such run in Bundesliga.