German Bundesliga Opta Facts: 16 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
German Bundesliga Opta Facts: 16 May
Hoffenheim v Bayern
- The only previous game between these two clubs ended in a 2-1 win for Bayern in the first half of this season. As a result, Hoffenheim are the only team - alongside Fortuna Köln, VfB Leipzig, Tasmania Berlin and SSV Ulm - never to win a Bundesliga point against Bayern.
- This game was the only time in the Bundesliga that Hoffenheim have lost after taking the lead.
- After going 12 games without a win, Hoffenheim have now won their last two.
- In the seven games after their 0-4 hammering in Barcelona, Bayern have only conceded four goals.
- In the three games under Jupp Heynckes, Bayern have won each time and seven different players have scored.
Hertha v Schalke
- Schalke have won five of their last six matches against Berlin (one defeat) - four of them by a one goal margin.
- In their last six home games against Schalke Hertha have alternated wins and losses. If this run continues, Hertha would win this game.
- Berlin are unbeaten for five games for the first time this season. In contrast, Schalke have lost their last three games for the first time this campaign.
- Last match-day, Hertha managed their 14th win by a one goal margin - a new historical Bundesliga record! Their opponents Schalke have suffered 10 of their 11 defeats by one goal.
- This is Hertha's best season ever: they have never had 62 points after 32 match-days before.
Hannover v Wolfsburg
- Wolfsburg have won their last two matches against Hannover and are unbeaten in their last four encounters with them (two draws).
- Hannover have taken 10 from a possible 12 points in their last four games. The last time they achieved this was in October 2007.
- Having scored in eighteen consecutive matches, Hannover are on the longest scoring streak in the league.
- Wolfsburg lost their last two away matches in Stuttgart (4-1) and Cottbus (2-0) after winning their previous four back-to-back.
- The Wolves haven't drawn any of their last 14 matches. The longest run without a draw in the league.
Bochum v Frankfurt
- Bochum have won three of their last four home matches versus Frankfurt.
- In the first leg of this season Eintracht celebrated their highest win 2008/09 (4-0) - Liberopoulos scored a brace.
- VfL have lost their last five games and have conceded at least two goals in every one.
- Frankfurt have netted the most headed goals (14).
- Bochum have been awarded the most yellow (72) and red cards (7).
Bremen v Karlsruhe
- Bremen have won their last four home games in the league.
- None of the last 15 encounters between these two have ended goalless.
- Werder have won six of their last seven competitive games in the Weserstadion (1 defeat).
- Karlsruhe have bagged the fewest headed goals in the league (5, as have Bielefeld).
- Bremen have scored the most goals from outside the box (17) - no other team has scored more than 11.
Stuttgart v Cottbus
- VfB have won all of their last three games versus Cottbus with a clean sheet.
- Energie have only won the first of the eleven encounters against the Swabians. Since then they have suffered six defeats and four draws.
- Stuttgart are unbeaten in eight games, winning seven of these.
- Cottbus have only bagged one goal in their last four games away from home.
Dortmund v Bielefeld
- With a win the Arminia can equalise the balance versus BVB. In 33 encounters Dortmund have won 13 times, Bielefeld 12 times (eight draws).
- Last season Dortmund won 6-1 versus Bielefeld - after that manager Ernst Middendorp was laid off.
- BVB have won their last four home games.
- Six of the last seven goals that Borussia have scored have been in the second half.
- Bielefeld have lost only one of their last five games on the road (three draws, one win).
Leverkusen v Gladbach
- Leverkusen are unbeaten against Gladbach in 23 games (12 wins) and have won the last four in a row.
- In none of the last nine encounters with Bayer have Borussia bagged more than one goal.
- Bayer 04 are without a home win for six months - the last victory at home was versus Schalke 04 in November 2008 (2-1).
- Gladbach have won their last two games with goals in the last minute (each by 1-0).
- Hans Meyer has won only one of ten games versus the Rhinelanders.
Hamburg v Köln
- Hamburger SV have won their last six duels with Köln.
- Köln have lost eight of their last 10 games (two wins) and with only 13 points they are the second worst team of 2009.
- HSV have taken 13 points from their last five home games.
- Köln have lost four of their last five games away from home (one win).
- Ivica Olic has netted four times in the last three games.