German Bundesliga Opta Facts - 17-18 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Eintracht Frankfurt v Hannover 96
- Hannover have won only one out of their last six BL games against Eintracht (two defeats, three draws).
- Hanover haven't scored in Frankfurt for 282 minutes. The last Hannover player who scored in the Commerzbank-Arena was Chavdar Yankov (now at MSV Duisburg) in February 2006.
- Eintracht have the longest winless run at home in the Bundesliga (seven games).
- Jiri Stajner's shooting accuracy of 80% is the best in the BL (10 attempts or more). However, the Czech striker hasn't scored a Bundesliga goal for 422 minutes.
- Didier Ya Konan has been involved in three goals in his last three appearances (two goals, one assist). Only four players in the Bundesliga have attempted more shots than the 96 hitman (23).
1. FC Köln v 1. FSV Mainz 05
- The only previous Bundesliga games between the two teams were played in the 2005/06 season, when both sides won at home.
- Mainz have lost five out of six away games (in all competitions) in Cologne, with a 4-1 win in the Second Division in 2003 the only exception.
- Cologne have won only one out of their last 15 home games. They are winless in the RheinEnergieStadion since 3 May 2009 (1-0 against Werder Bremen) and only Eintracht Frankfurt (seven) are on a longer winless run at home than Cologne (six).
- Mainz have taken the lead six times this season going on to win four and draw two. Cologne have gone behind in five games and lost all of them. FSV have recouped seven points after falling behind - more than any other team in the Bundesliga.
- FSV's new signing Andreas Ivanschitz has already been directly involved in seven FSV goals (four goals, three assists), which is unsurpassed in the league.
1. FC Nürnberg v Hertha BSC
- Nuremberg have won their last three home games against Hertha by the same scoreline, 2-1.
- Before this season, Hertha had never before lost seven Bundesliga matches in a row and the last time they were worse off after eight rounds was back in 1990/91.
- Berlin have scored with only 8% of their non-blocked shots, FCN have fared even worse with just 6% going in - the worst record in the Bundesliga.
- Nuremberg's Dominic Maroh has won 83% of his duels - the best record in the Bundesliga.
- Hertha are the third team this season to come to Nuremberg with a newly-appointed manager. Hannover's Andreas Bergmann and Bochum's Frank Heinemann were the first two before Berlin's Friedhelm Funkel.
SC Freiburg v FC Bayern München
- Bayern have won their last seven Bundesliga games against Freiburg (16-1 goals) and 11 of their last 12 (one draw, 29-4 goals).
- On 16 December 2003, Freiburg lost 6-0 at home to Bayern - their highest ever home defeat in the Bundesliga. In December 2004 they suffered the same fate against Werder Bremen.
- Freiburg have scored nine goals in their last three games, while Bayern are without a goal in their last 274 minutes of action in all competitions.
- Freiburg have conceded the most goals in the final 15 minutes (seven). In their last game, in Hannover, they conceded twice in this period.
VfB Stuttgart v FC Schalke 04
- Stuttgart haven't beaten any team more often than Schalke (37 times), nor have they ever beaten a team as often at home (26 wins).
- The Blues have only won three of their 39 visits to Stuttgart (10 draws, 26 defeats).
- Since the three-points rule was adopted (1995/96) Stuttgart have never had as few points after eight matches as they have now (eight). The last time they had as poor a start to the season was in 1993/94, when they managed only one win and five draws by the same point.
- Schalke may have fought the most duels this season in the Bundesliga (889), but have done so with a winning rate of only 47.7%. Only two clubs in the league have a lower figure.
- Only two players in the BL have scored more goals than Jefferson Farfan (four), he has also provided the most assists (three), meaning no player has been involved in more goals.
Werder Bremen v 1899 Hoffenheim
- Last season's game between these two at the Weserstadion was the league's highest scoring fixture in 2008/09 (5-4). Hoffenheim have never featured in a competitive game with more goals however the reverse fixture ended goalless.
- In 14 competitive games, Thomas Schaaf's team have lost just once, 3-2 at home to Eintracht Frankfurt on the opening day, 10 wins and three draws complete the record.
- Hoffenheim have won six out of their last eight away games (two defeats).
- Bremen have conceded the fewest goals before the break (two) so far. After the break, Hoffenheim boast the league's best record with only one goal against.
- Aaron Hunt has scored in each of Werder's last four competitive games. Three of these were the crucial opening goal of the game for the Green-Whites.
Hamburger SV v Bayer Leverkusen
- HSV haven't lost any of their last six BL encounters with Leverkusen (four wins). Bayer's latest victory at Hamburg came more than three years ago.
- Hamburg and Leverkusen are the only two clubs in the Bundesliga to be unbeaten so far this season. Bayer have won three of four matches on the road, HSV all four of their home games.
- Hamburg manager Bruno Labbadia sat on Leverkusen's bench last season (ninth place in the league, DFB Cup finalists). As a player for FC Bayern in 1991 he appeared in 12 games under Jupp Heynckes, notching four goals during that span.
- Bayer Leverkusen's meeting with HSV also pits the BL's highest-scoring attacking (10 goals each) and midfield units (eight for Hamburg, seven for Bayer) against each other.
- Bayer haven't conceded a goal in any of their last three BL games. If Heynckes' side were to repeat that feat at Hamburg they would equal the club's all-time record of four games without conceding. They have kept a clean sheet on a league-high five occasions already this season.
VfL Wolfsburg v Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Historically, Wolfsburg's highest-ever Bundesliga victory is still their 7-1 hiding of Borussia Mönchengladbach in 1998/99.
- No Bundesliga match between these clubs has ever ended goalless.
- Michael Frontzeck's Borussia have lost their last four consecutive league fixtures.
- Borussia Mönchengladbach haven't won an away match this season and haven't scored any goals away from home in 320 minutes.
- Wolfsburg have scored the most Bundesliga goals in the second half (14), while Gladbach have only scored two before half-time, the joint fewest in the league.
Borussia Dortmund v VfL Bochum
- This will be the 59th meeting between these two teams in the Bundesliga. Dortmund have won 22, while Bochum have won 16 and there have been 20 draws.
- Bochum have only won one of their last nine games against Dortmund (four draws, four defeats).
- Dortmund have scored exactly one goal in seven of their eight games so far and have not managed more than one per game this season.
- Dortmund have led in six games so far, but have only won twice. Bochum have led in five of their games and have also only won twice. These two teams have dropped the most points after leading - Dortmund (nine) and Bochum (eight).
- Bochum's Diego Klimowicz is returning to one of his former clubs. In 38 games for Dortmund he only managed six goals, while for Bochum he has already scored seven in 17 games.