German Bundesliga Opta Facts 18-20 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
FC Schalke 04 v FSV Mainz 05.
- Schalke haven't dropped a single point in their five matches against Mainz (including in the Bundesliga 2).
- Schalke have lost only one of their last 10 matches (six wins, three draws), and haven't been beaten in their last five home matches.
- Mainz haven't enjoyed a win in their last five away matches (two draws, three losses).
- Mainz haven't won any of their last four league matches (three draws, one loss).
Bayern Munchen v Hertha BSC.
- Bayern have won each of their last five competitive matches, fielding the same starting eleven in every match.
- The last time Bayern lost at home to Hertha was in October 1977 (0-2). Since then, there have been 12 wins for Bayern and 4 draws in this clash.
- The last meeting in February 2009 in Berlin saw Hertha win 2-1 and take the Bundesliga lead for the first time that season.
- Hertha haven't won any of their last 15 league matches.
Borussia Dortmund v SC Freiburg.
- Borussia haven't lost any of their last nine matches (six wins, three draws).
- Dortmund have won 10 of the 20 Bundesliga meetings with Freiburg (eight draws, two losses).
- Freiburg have failed to beat Borussia in their last five meetings (two draws, 3 losses).
- Freiburg have a much better away record (13 points, 14 goals) than home record (five points and goals).
Bayer Leverkusen v Borussia Monchengladbach
- Leverkusen are still the only unbeaten team in the league this season.
- Bayer have won their last five home matches against Borussia.
- Gladbach recorded their last win against Leverkusen (1-0) in 1993/94.
- Borussia have won four of their last six matches (one draw, one loss).
Hannover 96 v VfL Bochum
- Hannover have failed to win any of their last five matches (two draws, three losses).
- Hannover haven't won any of their last three home matches (two draws, one loss).
- Lowly Bochum haven't lost in their last two away matches (one win, one draw).
- There has never been a goalless draw in games between the two teams.
Eintracht Frankfurt v VfL Wolfsburg
- Frankfurt haven't won any of their last nine meetings with Wolfsburg.
- Last season Frankfurt were the only team to win a point at Wolfsburg's VW-Arena (2-2), but they lost 0-2 at home.
- German champions Wolfsburg haven't recorded a win in their last six competitive matches (two draws, four losses).
- Wolfsburg have lost none of their last five away matches in the Bundesliga (two wins, three draws), and they have won both of the last two meetings in Frankfurt.
VfB Stuttgart v 1899 Hoffenheim
- Stuttgart haven't recorded a win in their last nine league matches (five draws, four losses).
- Stuttgart have won only one of their home matches this season (four draws, three losses) - 4-2 against Freiburg on Match Day Two.
- Hoffenheim haven't scored in away matches for 338 minutes now - a Bundesliga record for last season's newcomers.
- 1899 haven't been beaten yet by any team from the bottom half of the league table (which includes Stuttgart).
Hamburger SV v Werder Bremen
- Hamburg won just one of their last five home matches against Bremen (one draw, three losses).
- With striker Mladen Petric (who is back from injury) in the line-up, Hamburg haven't lost a league match this season (seven wins, three draws).
- Bremen have won nine of the last 15 competitive meetings with Hamburg, including matches in the League Cup and in last season's German Cup semi-final and UEFA-Cup semis.
- Werder have won just one of their last six league matches (four draws and one loss).
1. FC Koln v 1. FC Nurnberg
- Koln have recorded three goalless draws in a row - they share this Bundesliga record with six other teams.
- Koln haven't won any of their last three home matches (one draw, two losses), failing to score a single goal in these ganes.
- Nurnberg have lost three games in a row now, conceding nine goals and scoring none in the process.
- Nurnberg won their last six Bundesliga meetings with Koln.