German Bundesliga Opta Facts - 19-21 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
1899 Hoffenheim - Borussia Mönchengladbach
- TSG have never been defeated by Borussia (three wins, two draws). Hoffenheim have won both of their home games against Gladbach.
- Borussia have only won one point in their last four away games (14th in the away table). They haven't been able to score any goals in their last two games on the road.
- 1899 were the last team to score a goal this year - they were goalless until their fourth game.
- Hoffenheim ended their winless streak of seven games (two draws, five losses) against Hannover.
1. FC Nürnberg - FC Bayern München
- Nürnberg have won just one of their last nine games (one draws, seven defeats).
- The last time Bayern won in Nürnberg was more than four years ago, courtesy of a 2-1 win in September 2005.
- Bayern are unbeaten in their last 15 games (11 wins, four draws). The last time they managed this was when they won the title in 2005/06, when they actually managed 16.
- Nürnberg have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 13 games - the longest such run in the league.
FSV Mainz 05 v VfL Bochum
- Mainz have won all five of their Bundesliga games against Bochum.
- Mainz are undefeated at home this season (seven wins, three draws). In the history of the BL only four promoted teams have gone longer undefeated.
- Mainz have scored at least once in their last five matches at home.
- Bochum are undefeated in six BL games (three wins, three draws), the last time they managed this was between February and March 2008.
- Bochum are undefeated in five BL away games (three wins). Only once in their BL history have Bochum stayed undefeated for longer away from home, 1984-85 for eight games in a row.
1. FC Köln v VfB Stuttgart
- Stuttgart have won only one of their last 13 BL games against FC Köln, the last one at Cologne (3-0, April 2009).
- Three of the four last matches between the FC and VfB at Cologne have ended as a draw. Cologne have been waiting for a win at home against Stuttgart for more than nine years (3-2).
- Stuttgart are the favourite opponents of Cologne, 32 wins for the FC, more than against any other team.
- The FC have failed to score in half of their 22 BL games, the joint-worst record in the league with Nuremberg.
Borussia Dortmund - Hannover 96
- Hannover haven't lost at Dortmund in their last five BL matches (2 wins, 3 draws).
- After 12 undefeated league games in a row (9 wins, 3 draws) Dortmund have since lost their last three matches. The last time this occurred was in September 2007.
- Hannover have conceded at least one goal in their last seven games at an average of 3.1 goals per game. Dortmund have conceded 10 in their last three, 3.3 per game.
- Hannover have lost their last seven Bundesliga games. The last time this happened was almost 21 years ago (March-May 1989). The club's all-time record for consecutive losses is nine (1985-86).
Hamburger SV - Eintracht Frankfurt
- Eintracht haven't won a match at HSV in over 11 years and have only won a single point from the last seven visits to Hamburg.
- Frankfurt have scored in each of their last ten Bundesliga games - the only teams on longer current scoring runs are Wolfsburg (12) and Bayern (11).
- HSV haven't lost any of their last four home games while Frankfurt haven't lost any of their last four away games (two wins, two draws each). Indeed, Eintracht have only lost one of their last nine league outings (five wins, three draws).
- HSV coach Bruno Labbadia hasn't lost to Frankfurt since becoming a Bundesliga manager (one win, two draws). Labbaddia succeeded current Eintracht manager Michael Skibbe at Leverkusen in 2008.
SC Freiburg - Hertha BSC
- As manager, Friedhelm Funkel has yet to win a Bundesliga match at Freiburg (four draws and three defeats). His next defeat will be his 200th as BL head coach.
- Hertha BSC have visited Freiburg six times in the BL, winning on five occasions. Their last three matches at Freiburg have yielded three straight wins and the only blip was in May 2001 when Freiburg won 1-0 on match day 32 in May 2001.
- If the BL table only included home results, Freiburg would be last with just six points from 10 games. Hertha, on the other hand, are the worst away side with just four points from 11 matches.
- Freiburg haven't scored in any of the past five contests at home, matching an all-time Bundesliga low. Only five other BL clubs have ever followed suit, the last being 1860 München during the 2002/03 season.
VfL Wolfsburg v Schalke 04
- Schalke have won only one of their last 14 competitive matches at Wolfsburg (2-1, January 2003).
- Wolfsburg have failed to win in their last 10 BL games for the first time ever in a single season.
- Schalke are undefeated in eight BL games (six wins). The last time Schalke were undefeated for longer was between April and September 2008 (11 games)
- Schalke have lost only one of their last 16 BL games.
- Schalke have the best defense (15 goals conceded) in the league and have kept the most clean sheets (12).
Werder Bremen - Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- Werder have conceded at least once in each of their last seven Bundesliga games.
- Jupp Heynckes has never beaten Schaaf as manager (two draws, three defeats).
- Two of the league's three best attacking teams meet in this match - Leverkusen (48) and Bremen (44).
- Leverkusen have won just one of their last nine league games against Bremen (five defeats, three draws). This win came in their last visit to Bremen, when they won 2-0 in October 2008.