German Bundesliga Opta Facts - 22-24 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hamburg v Bayern
- Hamburg have won both of their last two home games against Bayern under floodlights, and both by 1-0, Mladen Petric scored the winner in both games.
- This is the 50th time that Hamburg have hosted a competitive match against Bayern. The Munich side have not scored at Hamburg in 200 minutes.
- FC Bayern have only won one of their last seven matches against Hamburg (three draws, three defeats).
- Only one of Hamburg's 13 goals this season has been scored in the first half. HSV would occupy the bottom position in a hypothetical first-half table.
- If Bayern lose this match, they will have recorded as many defeats as in the entire of last season.
- Despite Mario Gomez' first hat-trick in a Bayern jersey, FC Bayern's attack is still the poorest in the league with only eight goals (tied with Köln).
Frankfurt v Schalke
- Schalke are unbeaten against Frankfurt in 10 games (eight wins, two draws).
- Frankfurt have lost their last five games against Schalke, scoring only two goals in the process. Eintracht's last win against Schalke came in 2004 when they beat S04 3-0 at home.
- If all Bundesliga games had finished after the first 45 minutes, Frankfurt would top the table. Eintracht have been in front at the break five times and haven't been behind after 45 minutes this season.
- Frankfurt and Dortmund are the only two teams in the Bundesliga that have won their last three games.
- Eintracht haven't scored a single goal in the first 15 minutes (like Hamburg). Despite Frankfurt's goal drought in the first quarter of an hour, no team has scored more goals in the first 45 minutes than Eintracht (eight like Hoffenheim, Dortmund and Gladbach).
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has found the back of the net in his last five games for Schalke. The club record in that respect is held by Ruediger Abramczik who scored in seven consecutive Bundesliga games for S04 (1978/79).
Mönchengladbach v Bremen
- Mönchengladbach are unbeaten in their last five home Bundesliga games against Bremen (four wins, one draw). They have scored at least twice in each of these games (14 goals in total).
- Borussia have not won more BL home games against any other side as they have against Werder (24, the same as against Kaiserslautern).
- Gladbach are yet to win at home this season (two draws, two defeats), while Bremen are yet to win away (two draws, two defeats).
- Gladbach have not won for six games (two draws, four defeats), only Kaiserslautern have currently gone as long without a win.
- This is Gladbach's 43rd season in the Bundesliga and they have conceded a record number of goals after eight games (23).
- Borussia have been given the most red cards so far this season (four). Last season they only had one.
Freiburg v Kaiserslautern
- Kaiserslautern have lost seven of their eight away games at Freiburg since the millennium (one win).
- Freiburg have lost three of their last four BL games (one win). Kaiserslautern haven't won any of their last six games.
- Kaiserslautern have lost their last three away games.
- Freiburg have scored in each of their last 12 BL games, currently a joint league high with Hoffenheim. Kaiserslautern have scored only one goal in their last four games and have lost all of them.
- Kaiserslautern have conceded at least one goal in their last six games.
Hannover v Köln
- Hannover have won six of their last eight encounters with Köln.
- Köln have only won one of their last 11 league games (three draws, seven defeats).
- Hannover have lost their last two games and have failed to score in both.
- Köln have not won any of their last six away games, their longest run in the Bundesliga since 2005/06.
- Both sides have lost all games this season when conceding first.
- Hannover manager Mirko Slomka has had four encounters as a manager in competitive games with Köln and hasn't won any of them.
Nürnberg v Wolfsburg
- Wolfsburg have played 10 away games at Nürnberg in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 and have won only once (five draws, four defeats).
- In these 10 games Wolfsburg have only scored five goals and Nürnberg have kept six clean sheets.
- Edin Dzeko, Grafite, and Diego have scored 13 of Wolfsburg's 14 goals this season.
- Nürnberg defender Andreas Wolf has scored in his last two appearances. Before these games he had only netted three times in 150 matches.
- Grafite has scored five of Wolfsburg's last seven Bundesliga goals, four of them in the second half.
- Nürnberg manager Dieter Hecking has won only one of his seven Bundesliga games as a manager against Wolfsburg (two draws, four defeats). The four defeats have come in the last four games.
Dortmund v Hoffenheim
- Dortmund's seven consecutive wins equals their club record set in 2008/09 (also under Klopp). Another victory against Hoffenheim would set a new club record.
- If Dortmund win and keep a clean sheet against 1899, it would be their fourth consecutive clean sheet victory at home, also setting a new club record.
- 1899 have scored at least one goal in each of their last 12 league outings, a club record for them and a league record shared with Freiburg.
- For the first time in their club history, Dortmund have won seven of their first eight matches. Never before have BVB won 21 points in eight games.
- Borussia's position at the top of the table is justified, they have scored more goals (20) and conceded fewer (six) than anyone else in the first eight weeks.
- In only one of Hoffenheim's last 15 BL games has the total score been less than two goals.
Leverkusen v Mainz
- Mainz's last BL victory over Bayer came more than four and a half years ago. On 18 March 2006, FSV prevailed 2-1 at the BayArena - Leverkusen haven't lost any of their four meetings with Mainz since then (2 wins, 2 draws).
- Leverkusen haven't lost any of their last eight competitive matches (4 wins, 4 draws), losing only one game this season. Only Dortmund are currently on a longer undefeated streak in the BL (7 matches) than Bayer (6).
- Mainz and Bayer (18 goals each) have the Bundesliga's best attack behind Dortmund (20).
- Leverkusen have racked up the most headed goals in the league (5). Mainz are the only team in the BL that has yet to concede a headed goal.
- Mainz have netted a league-high six goals through substitutes - Andre Schürrle, who has scored three of his four goals coming off the bench, currently ranks as the league's super-sub.
- Leverkusen have netted twice on all eight matchdays except the 0-0 against Nürnberg.
Stuttgart v St. Pauli
- Stuttgart have never lost at home against St. Pauli (six wins, one draw).
- Stuttgart have only won one of their last 10 BL games (three draws, six defeats).
- St. Pauli have won their last two games, for the first time in the BL since April 1996.
- St. Pauli have won three away games this season - four wins would mean a new record within a BL season for St. Pauli.
- Only Mönchengladbach (23) have conceded more goals than Stuttgart (17, like Bremen).