German Bundesliga Opta Facts - 25-27 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
1. FC Nürnberg - VfL Bochum
- VfL have not beaten the South Germans in any of their last five meetings (3 draws, 2 defeats).
- The West Germans have lost their last three games and have the league's worst defence, having conceded 14 goals.
- In their last seven matches away from home, the club from the Ruhr Area have picked up just one of a possible 21 points (6 defeats, 1 draw).
- None of the South Germans' last nine home games have ended in a draw (7 wins, 2 defeats).
VfL Wolfsburg - Hannover 96
- There have been 14 meetings between these two sides in Bundesliga. Wolfsburg have won eight (three draws).
- There has never been a draw between the two sides at the Volkswagen Arena.
- Wolfsburg have lost their last two home games - this after winning the 16 before in a row.
- Last season, Fromlowitz was Hannover's goalkeeper in their game at Wolfsburg (1-2). He was sent off in this match, and outfield player Rosenthal saved a penalty from Dzeko.
Werder Bremen - 1. FSV Mainz 05
- Against no other Bundesliga team have Bremen won more points on average than against Mainz - 13 points in six matches (2.17 per match).
- Mainz have the best shot conversion rate in the Bundesliga (19.6%).
- Mainz's Ivan Ivanschitz is the top-scoring player in the Bundesliga with six scoring points (three goals and three assists - the best alongside Mohamadou Idrissou).
- Mainz are the only team that have conceded at least one goal in every match this season alongside Bundesliga leaders HSV.
1. FC Köln - Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- Since the RheinEnergieStadium has been rebuilt, Cologne haven't scored a single goal against Bayer (3 matches, 2 lost).
- Cologne have won only one of their home games in 2009 so far (14 matches in the BL).
- Leverkusen have made the fewest shots on goal (14) in the Bundesliga so far this term.
- In their last seven Bundesliga matches against Leverkusen, Cologne have scored only one goal in total, failing to score in six of these games, including their last three.
- This solitary goal came courtesy of Patrick Helmes, who is now playing for Leverkusen, when Cologne lost 1-2 in September 2005.
Eintracht Frankfurt - VfB Stuttgart
- In the last 17 years, Frankfurt have only won two home games against Stuttgart - on 04/10/1992, they won 4-0 and on MD 34 of the 2000/01 season they defeated Stuttgart 2-1.
- Since Eintracht's 2-0 win at Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion on 22/04/2006, VfB are unbeaten against Frankfurt (four wins, two draws).
- Stuttgart are without a win in four BL matches, losing their last two.
VfB have scored only one goal in their last three league games.
- Stuttgart are yet to score in the first half - all six goals have been scored in the second half.
- Eintracht are undefeated in the league so far this season, but have drawn four of their opening six games.
Borussia Dortmund - FC Schalke 04
- Jürgen Klopp's side have not managed to win in five matches - currently the longest in Bundesliga.
- Schalke haven't lost any of their last four away games - only Hamburg have been undefeated for as long as this.
- The last time that Borussia found themselves in a worse position after six matches was 21 years ago, when they had three draws and three defeats to their name -
- Dortmund finished that season in seventh place however.
- Schalke have only made 66 goal attempts this season so far - only Mainz 05 have made fewer (60).
Hamburger SV - FC Bayern München
- Going back to last season, HSV are unbeaten in their last seven league games (five wins, two draws) - currently longer than any other Bundesliga team.
- Hamburg have scored seven of their 16 goals in the opening 15 minutes - by far the most.
- With Butt, Olic and van Buyten, Bayern have three former HSV players in their team. Ze Roberto, Jansen, Jarolim, Trochowski and Guerrero are all current HSV players that have been at Bayern.
- Since moving from Bayern to Hamburg, Ze Roberto has scored three goals in six league games and is their second-top scorer behind the injured Guerrero
SC Freiburg - Borussia Mönchengladbach
- The last meeting between these two sides was in 2007/08 in the 2. Bundesliga. On both occasions the away team won (3-1 for Borussia, 3-2 for Freiburg). These were the only meetings between the two in the 2. BL.
- Borussia have won only one game in Freiburg - in 2002 (1-0). Freiburg have won three of their home meetings, with four ending in draws.
- Freiburg's Idrissou has contested more duels than any other BL player (116), winning 48.3% and with three goals and three assists he is also top of the scoring point charts.
- Borussia have blown two big leads already this season. In the opening game of the season they drew 3-3 with Bochum despite leading 3-0 and they lost 2-4 to Hoffenheim last weekend despite leading 2-0.
1899 Hoffenheim - Hertha BSC Berlin
- These two clubs have only ever met twice before. Both matches took place last season and both were won by Hertha 1-0.
- Hoffenheim's last home defeat was five months ago when Ralf Rangnick's side lost to Hertha BSC.
- Hertha have lost their last four consecutive away matches. The last time the Berliners managed to win points away from home was on May 12 in Cologne, thanks to goals by Cicero and Ebert, they won the game.
- For the first time since the club were promoted back to Bundesliga in 1997, Hertha have lost five consecutive matches. A bad record looms on the horizon, as six defeats in a row is the worst losing streak suffered by Hertha (in 1990/91).