German Bundesliga Opta Facts: 7-9 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
VfL Wolfsburg – VfB Stuttgart
- Wolfsburg have won their last two home games against Stuttgart, scoring four goals in each game (4-1, 4-0).
- Only four of the 24 games between the teams have ended in a draw.
- Wolfsburg have not drawn for 16 games (only six in total last season), while Stuttgart only drew seven games last season.
- Wolfsburg are unbeaten in their last 19 home games, winning their last 15.
Werder Bremen – Eintracht Frankfurt
- Last season Frankfurt lost both matches with Bremen 5-0.
- The two sides haven’t drawn in 11 meetings.
- The last time Werder Bremen failed to score at home against Frankfurt was in 1992.
- Bremen scored the most goals from outside the box last season (17).
Borussia Dortmund – 1. FC Köln
- Dortmund have won their last four home matches against the Rhinelanders whilst never conceding more than one goal.
- Köln haven't been able to defeat Borussia away from home in 12 attempts, a run stretching back to 1991.
- Only six of the 36 Bundesliga matches in which BVB have hosted Köln have ended in home losses (20 wins, 10 draws).
- Dortmund have won just one of the last seven opening matches to a new Bundesliga campaign.
- Aside from champions Wolfsburg, Borussia Dortmund were the only team in the 2008/09 campaign to remain undefeated at home (eight wins, nine draws).
Hertha BSC – Hannover 96
- Hannover have not scored in Berlin in five hours and 48 minutes, losing their last three away matches in the German capital.
- Hannover have lost their last three opening Bundesliga fixtures.
- Both teams performed poorly in last week’s DFB-Pokal. Hannover lost to Eintracht Trier and Berlin only managed a win in extra time against amateur club Preußen Münster.
- Hannover are unbeaten in their last three BL away matches, scoring at least twice in each.
1899 Hoffenheim – Bayern München
- Although Hoffenheim scored the opening goal in both of their clashes with Bayern Munich last season, they were unable to win either of them, losing 2-1 and drawing 2-2.
- FC Bayern haven't lost any of their last seven opening day matches.
- Last year, Hoffenheim opened the season at Cottbus and managed to win their first-ever Bundesliga match 3-0.
- Hoffenheim are unbeaten in five competitive matches, scoring at least two goals in each game.
- This will be Bayern’s third consecutive match away at Sinsheim's Rhein-Neckar-Arena.
- Bayern München were the league's best away team last season (29 points), while Hoffenheim have only won two of their eight league matches since moving into the Rhein-Neckar-Arena.
FSV Mainz 05 – Bayer Leverkusen
- The last match between these teams was in April 2009, when they played in the DFB-Pokal semi final.
- Leverkusen won 4-1 in extra time.
- Mainz have won their last three games at home, scoring eight and conceding just one.
- Only one of the last 13 seasons was as poor as last season (when they finished ninth) for Bayer. In 2003 they only finished 13th.
- Last season Mainz scored the most headed goals in Bundesliga 2. Aristide Bancé scored nine of their 16.
1.FC Nürnberg – FC Schalke 04
- The last game Nürnberg beat Schalke was in 1998/99 (3-0).
- Nürnberg are unbeaten in 15 matches at home, conceding just three goals in this period.
- Nürnberg have won their last seven home games.
- With 42 points Nürnberg were the best home team in the Bundesliga Zwei in 2008/09.
- Nürnberg haven’t won a Bundesliga match on the opening day in 42 years.
- Marek Mintal has scored six times in his last seven home games.
VfL Bochum – Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Last season's match in Bochum ended in a 2-2 draw with Steve Gohouri scoring his first Bundesliga goal
- The match in Mönchengladbach was won by the visitors (1-0).
- Gladbach have not won any of their last 13 league matches against Bochum. The last time they did manage to defeat the Ruhrpott side was in 1997/98.
- Mönchengladbach have not won in their last eight Bundesliga visits to Bochum, including two draws.
- Bochum last won their Bundesliga opener in 2002/03. The last time they won an opener at home was in 1997/98.
- Gladbach have lost their last seven league openers. The last time they opened with an away victory was in 1987 – against VfL Bochum.
SC Freiburg – Hamburger SV
- Hamburg have not lost any of their last five competitive games against Freiburg (three wins).
- Freiburg have drawn three of their last four Bundesliga home games with HSV (one win).
- Freiburg are yet to be relegated the season after any of their three previous promotions to the top flight.
- Last season, Hamburg won 14 times by one goal – a record along with Hertha Berlin. Freiburg had the most wins by a single goal in the 2. Bundesliga last season – 11.
- No Bundesliga 2 team scored more than Freiburg's 30 goals in the final 30 minutes of games last season – only Kaiserslautern could match this. HSV, on the other hand, scored just four times in the final 15 minutes – the fewest in the league.