German Bundesliga Opta Facts - January 29 - 31
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hamburger SV v VfL Wolfsburg
- Of all the teams currently in the Bundesliga, Bayern Munich are the only one against whom HSV have won fewer points per match (0.85) than against Wolfsburg (1.28).
- Hamburg have only lost one of their last six league fixtures (two draws) and have lost none of their last three home games (one draw).
- Hamburger SV, with 36 goals to their name, are the league's third-best attacking side. VfL Wolfsburg are, however, hot on their tails, coming in fourth with 35 goals.
- Wolfsburg have conceded the second-highest number of goals (38), behind only bottom side Hertha BSC (39). They have also kept the fewest clean sheets in the league this season (only two).
Borussia M'gladbach v Werder Bremen
- Away from home, Werder have won more points (16) than they have managed at home (12).
- Since 1998/99, Bremen have not won both home and away in one season against Gladbach. In February 2004 they celebrated their last win at Gladbach (2-1).
- No side have lost more games by a one-goal margin than Gladbach (six). Gladbach's last five defeats have all come with just one goal separating the teams.
- Without Claudio Pizarro, Werder have only won one out of those eight games, while without Philipp Bargfrede, they haven't won any of those six games.
Eintracht Frankfurt v 1. FC Köln
- The last four encounters between the two side have all ended in draws.
- Eintracht are unbeaten in six games (three wins, three draws).
- Köln are unbeaten away from home for seven games (three wins, four draws). This is the first time they have managed this since the 1988/89 season - back then they eventually went unbeaten away from home for nine games.
- Köln have scored eight goals in the last three games - more than in the 16 games before that (seven).
Hertha BSC Berlin v VfL Bochum
- Bochum have scored in each of the last five games.
- None of the 41 encounters between the two sides has ended in a goalless draw. On average, 3.6 goals have been scored in this encounter.
- Bochum have failed to win any of their last nine games at Hertha (four draws, five defeats).
- Hertha conceded no goal in the last two games.
FC Bayern München v 1. FSV Mainz 05
- Mainz' three Bundesliga visits to Munich have all ended in defeat.
- Bayern are unbeaten in their last 13 league games at home (nine wins, four draws).
- Mainz have not won for seven away games, currently the longest run in the top division.
- There have been at least three goals scored in each of the meetings between these two teams.
Hannover 96 v 1. FC Nürnberg
- Nürnberg did not win one of the last six games (one draw, five defeats).
- 96 haven't scored in 237 minutes - only Freiburg have gone goalless even longer (399).
- 11 out of the 27 encounters between the two sides have ended drawn but none of them with a 0-0 scoreline.
- Hannover have not won for eight games - longer than any other side. It's their longest run since 2006 when they didn't win for 11 games.
FC Schalke 04 v 1899 Hoffenheim
- Schalke have won their last four home games - each without conceding a goal. The club record is six wins in a row without conceding (1974).
- Hoffenheim have not won for six games. They have lost their last three - the first time this has happened in their young Bundesliga history.
- Vicente Sanchez has made eight appearances this season, with Schalke unbeaten in each of these games (five wins, three draws).
- Schalke are still waiting for their first Bundesliga win over Hoffenheim (two draws, one defeat). Hoffenheim are the only one of 50 Bundesliga teams that Schalke have yet to beat.
VfB Stuttgart v Borussia Dortmund
- Bremen is the only club against whom BVB have been defeated more often (38 times) than against Stuttgart (37, like Bayern).
- Stuttgart have only taken four points from their last four home games against Dortmund.
- VfB haven't lost a match since Christian Gross became manager - their five competitive games since his appointment have ended in four wins and one draw.
- Borussia Dortmund haven't lost a match Sven Bender has appeared in, managing nine wins and two draws in the 11 matches in which he has featured.
Bayer Leverkusen v SC Freiburg
- Alongside FC Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen are one of only two clubs, in any of the top five European divisions, yet to lose a league match this season.
- Leverkusen have the league's best attack, with 42 goals scored, as well as the best defence - conceding only 15, along with Schalke.
- Only Hertha (39) and Wolfsburg (38) have conceded more goals than Freiburg (36, tied with Bochum).
- In their past seven meetings with Bayer, Freiburg have managed to win only once (5 defeats). While the past three games against Freiburg have all resulted in victories for Leverkusen, who have scored 12 goals in the process (two against).