German Bundesliga Opta stats 02-04 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
FC Schalke 04 - Eintracht Frankfurt
- Out of 72 Bundesliga matches between these two, Schalke and Frankfurt have both won 27 games each (18 draws).
- Schalke have won six and drawn two out of their last eight league games against Frankfurt, winning the last three.
- Frankfurt handed Schalke their heaviest defeat in the last 20 years when they thrashed the Royal Blues 6-0 in a DFB Cup match in October 2005.
- Schalke had the league's best defence last season, and again, no team has conceded fewer goals than S04 this season (5).
- Jefferson Farfan has been directly involved in six of Schalke's nine goals (three goals, three assists) - only Freiburg's Idrissou (7) has been involved in more goals.
FC Bayern München - 1. FC Köln
- Bayern have won just one of their last six home contests against Köln, losing two.
- Köln were handed their worst away defeat in their Bundesliga history at FC Bayern: on 15 May 1971 Overath and company suffered a 7-0 thrashing.
- Bayern have won their last two home games and since the departure of Jürgen Klinsmann are yet to lose a game at the Allianz Arena (six league matches).
- Only Wolfsburg (13) have scored more frequently after the break than Bayern (10).
- Lukas Podolski is set to return - this time to Munich, where he appeared in 71 BL games for Bayern between 2006 and 2009 (15 goals). He has scored for both sides in this fixture (one goal for each).
Bayer 04 Leverkusen - 1. FC Nürnberg
- Bayer have lost just two out of 20 BL home games against Nürnberg (1991/92 und 2002/03), recording 12 wins and six draws.
- Nürnberg have won just one of their last nine league games against Bayer (five defeats, three draws).
- The last 30 games between these teams have produced at least one goal each.
- Jupp Heynckes (13 games, nine wins, four draws) has the longest unbeaten run of all current BL coaches.
- 17 points from their first seven games is Leverkusen's best-ever record in the BL.
Hannover 96 - SC Freiburg
- 96 have won just two out of 20 league clashes with Freiburg (10 draws, 8 defeats).
- Hannover haven't won any of their last four games.
- Freiburg have won two in a row in the BL for the first time since November 2003, and three of their last four, including two successive away games.
- Freiburg's Mohamadou Idrissou has been directly involved in seven goals (four goals, three assists), more than any other BL player.
- Freiburg's Ivica Banovic has set up 21 shots, more than any other BL player.
VfL Bochum - VfL Wolfsburg
- These teams have met 18 times in Bundesliga history, with both clubs winning eight games each (two draws).
- The Wolves have the best chance conversion rate in the league (18.1%), just as they did in their title-winning season last year (20.2%).
- Bochum have the worst passing game in the league, with 27% of their passes not reaching their intended destination.
- Wolfsburg haven't drawn any of their last 23 games. No other BL team is without a draw for so long.
- Wolfsburg have scored six goals from set-pieces, but also conceded five from dead-ball situations. Both are unsurpassed tallies in the BL.
1. FSV Mainz 05 - 1899 Hoffenheim
- This will be the first time these two have met in the BL.
- Mainz are yet to lose a home match this season (two wins, one draw).
- Hoffenheim have won four in a row and are on a club record five-match unbeaten run.
- Mainz are the only BL team yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
- No team has conceded fewer goals than Hoffenheim (5).
Borussia Mönchengladbach - Borussia Dortmund
- Dortmund's 12-0 defeat in Mönchengladbach in 1977/78 is the heaviest defeat in BL history.
- Last season, these sides met in the Borussia park on matchday 34 and drew 1-1. That was enough for Mönchengladbach to stay up, but Dortmund missed out on Europe.
- Dortmund are one of four teams (including Gladbach) yet to secure an away win.
- Gladbach have lost three successive league games, conceding eight goals in the process.
- Both teams have conceded five goals each from set-pieces, which is a league high.
VfB Stuttgart - Werder Bremen
- This match against Werder Bremen will be the 1500th Bundesliga match that VfB Stuttgart have played in and they will become the fourth team to pass that milestone.
- VfB have won their last three home matches against Werder. Two of those games ended 4-1 and one ended 6-3.
- Werder Bremen haven't lost a competitive away match this season.
- Bremen have kept a clean sheet in four or their last five league fixtures. Leverkusen are the only other club to have kept four clean sheets.
- Claudio Pizarro's brace against Mainz was his 19th in 261 Bundesliga appearances; he has also scored three hat-tricks. The Peruvian striker has never scored more than one goal in any of his matches against VfB however.
Hertha BSC Berlin - Hamburger SV
- Both teams have won 22 games each of the 56 BL meetings between the two sides.
- Hertha have won 18 out of 28 home games against HSV, however, and are unbeaten in 11 home games against Hamburg (nine wins, two draws).
- Only for the second time in their BL history, Hertha have lost six successive games.
- HSV are unbeaten in eight BL games, longer than any other BL team.
- HSV have already bagged a league-high 17 goals, while Hertha have conceded a league-high 17.