German Bundesliga Opta stats 28-30 Aug
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics. Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Bor. M'gladbach - FSV Mainz 05
- Borussia have faced Mainz six times in the Bundesliga. Mönchengladbach have won only one of their encounters, while Mainz have won three (two draws).
- Mainz are unbeaten this season. Including last season, their unbeaten run now stretches to six matches - four wins, two draws.
- Borussia have scored exactly once in their last five home games in the league.
- Goalkeeper Christofer Heimeroth hasn't recorded a single clean sheet in 19 BL matches for Borussia.
VfB Stuttgart - 1.FC Nürnberg
- Stuttgart have won 17 of their 27 home matches against Nürnberg in the history of the Bundesliga.
- However Nürnberg have won four of their last six meetings.
- Nürnberg's worst-ever Bundesliga defeat (7-0), as well as their worst-ever home defeat (6-0), both came in the 1983/84 season against Stuttgart.
Under head coach Markus Babbel, Stuttgart are yet to lose a Bundesliga home game.
FC Schalke 04 - SC Freiburg
- Freiburg's last victory in Gelsenkirchen came over 12 years ago, on MD 33 of the 1996/97 campaign.
- The record between these two clubs is equal. Both teams have won eight matches against the other, with four draws - all of which have come in Gelsenkirchen.
- Freiburg are one of five clubs not to have won a match yet this season. Overall, the SC have not won a Bundesliga match in 18 attempts.
- Should Freiburg not manage to defeat Schalke at home, this would be the worst start to a Bundesliga season that the Breisgau club has ever experienced.
- Felix Magath's managerial record against SC Freiburg is impressive with 12 wins and one draw from 13 matches and a goal difference of 33 (for) to three (against).
Bayer Leverkusen - VfL Bochum
- Bayer 04 have had more wins against Bochum (23) than against any other team in the Bundesliga.
- In the last 15 meetings between the two clubs, there has only been one draw - last season's 1-1. In this period Leverkusen have won 10, while Bochum have won four of their meetings.
- Bochum have won the second-highest proportion of their duels (53.5%). Leverkusen are bottom (46.7%) in this respect, although they currently sit at the top of the Bundesliga table.
- Striker Stefan Kießling is the only player to have scored at least one goal on each matchday so far.
Hannover 96 - TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
- Hoffenheim have had the fewest shots on goal in the league (29), and only six of these have been on target.
- Hannover have, along with Leverkusen, allowed the fewest shots on their goal in the league (seven).
- The three matches this season involving Hoffenheim have yielded the lowest total for goals (three). The second-lowest total (five) is for matches involving Hannover and Koln.
- In contrast, last season's two meetings produced a total of 11 goals, with Hoffenheim winning their away game 5-2 and the match in Hoffenheim ending in a 2-2 draw.
Eintracht Frankfurt - Borussia Dortmund
- Dortmund have won more often against Frankfurt than against any other team in BL history (35 times).
- Last season Borussia defeated Frankfurt twice, keeping a clean sheet on both occasions (4-0 at home, 2-0 at Frankfurt).
- BVB have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four league matches.
- Eintracht have failed to defeat Dortmund in their last eight competitive matches (four losses, four draws), though the Hesses scored first in five of them.
- Michael Skibbe is unbeaten as manager of Frankfurt (one win, two draws plus a win in the DFB-Pokal first round).
FC Bayern München - VfL Wolfsburg
- VfL Wolfsburg have never won a match in Munich, suffering 11 defeats in 12 matches there (one draw).
- Bayern Munich are in the middle of their worst start in 43 years. The last time they began a season with two draws and a defeat was in 1966/67. Back then, they won their fourth match against Karlsruhe 6-1.
- Both of the fixtures between these clubs last year saw six goals being scored. After trailing 2-0 in the first-leg match in Munich, FCB turned the tide and ended up winning 4-2. Wolfsburg got their revenge in the rematch, defeating the Reds 5-1. That victory put the Wolves top of the table, where they would remain until the end of the season.
- Bayern are the only team in the league not to have conceded a goal after halftime. This follows from last season which saw them concede the fewest goals in the Bundesliga after the 45th minute (18).
Hertha BSC Berlin - SV Werder Bremen
- Berlin have lost more games against Bremen than any other team - 28 from 56 matches.
- Both teams have only won one of their last five BL games.
- Claudio Pizarro has scored nine goals against Berlin, five of which have come for Bremen. Only against HSV (11) and Wolfsburg (10) has he managed more
- Bremen's Özil has had the most shots in the league so far (14). Of these, 11 have been unblocked, just one more than Hertha's Kacar.
Hamburger SV - 1.FC Köln
- Hamburg have won six of their last seven games against Köln. Their only defeat during this time was in the last game between the two (1-0 in May 2009). This was also Hamburg's only home defeat in their last seven Bundesliga games and Köln's only win in their last five away games.
- Only one of the last 13 games between the two has ended in a draw (1-1 in April 2001). There has only been one goalless draw in the last 22 meetings.
- Last weekend, HSV inflicted Wolfsburg's first home defeat after 20 games unbeaten and 16 wins in a row on their own turf.
- With nine goals, HSV currently have the best attack in the league, while Köln have the worst (one goal along with Hoffenheim). Köln also have the worst chance conversion rate - 4.2%.
Köln have not managed more than one goal in any of their last 12 games.