International Opta Facts - November 11-12
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Estonia v Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Ireland last played in the play-offs for the European Championships ahead of Euro 2000, losing on away goals to Turkey (1-1).
- Ireland also lost in a playoff game against the Netherlands to determine the final participant at Euro 96 (0-2).
- Ireland have also suffered playoff heartbreak in the 1998 (v Belgium) and 2010 (v France) World Cup Playoffs, but did beat Iran 2-1 on aggregate to qualify for the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea.
- Estonia are aiming to qualify for a major international tournament for the first time.
- Ireland last reached the European Championship Finals in 1988, but were eliminated in the first round.
- Ireland have played two previous games against Estonia, winning both 2-0.
- None of Estonia's last nine games have ended in draws, with the Blueshirts winning three and losing six.
- Estonia haven't lost a game win which they've scored since September 2010. Since that 1-2 defeat to Italy, all nine of Estonia's defeats have seen the Blueshirts fail to net.
- Ireland are now unbeaten in nine games in all competitions, winning six of them.
- The Boys in Green have only conceded one goal in their last 861 minutes of international football, and that was a consolation goal for Armenia.
Cyprus v Scotland
- The Scots have alternated between victory and defeat in their last seven internationals played outside Scotland.
- Following defeat in Spain, they must win in Cyprus to keep the run going.
- Craig Levein's side have lost their last five friendlies played outside Scotland, failing to net in each of the last four.
- Scotland have won all four previous meetings with Cyprus, netting 18 goals and conceding just three.
- Cyprus have lost their last four internationals, and have only won one of their last 13 in all competitions.
- Andreas Avraam has scored three of Cyprus' last four home goals in all competitions.
- Kenny Miller (three) is the only player to have scored more than one of Scotland's last 17 international goals.
- New Scotland call-up Jordan Rhodes has netted nine goals in his last six league games for Huddersfield Town.
Wales v Norway
- These sides have met 10 times before, with Norway winning four and Wales two.
- Wales have won two and lost just one of their five previous home meetings with Norway in all competitions, winning 3-0 in a friendly when the sides last met in Cardiff (Feb 2008).
- None of Wales' last 35 internationals have ended in draws, with their last draw coming in November 2007 v Germany (0-0).
- The Welsh haven't won three consecutive internationals since May 2008, but currently have two victories in a row under their belts.
- Norway striker Mohammed Abdellaoue has scored eight goals at a conversion rate of 50% in the Bundesliga this season, only Franck Ribery (55%) has been more clinical in the German top flight (minimum five goals).
- Norway have won four of their last five internationals, losing the other 0-2 to rivals Denmark.
England v Spain
- England have lost their last three fixtures against Spain. If they lose this friendly, it will be the first time they have lost four games in a row against a single opponent since a defeat to Brazil in May 1976.
- The Three Lions have only lost four consecutive games against a single opponent three times before; Scotland (five, culminating in March 1884), Hungary (four, May 1962) and Brazil (four, May 1976).
- England have also failed to score in their last three fixtures against Spain, they have only once before gone four straight games against one opponent without scoring (v Sweden between 1979 and 1989).
- Only one of Spain's last 51 internationals has ended in a draw (excluding the 1-0 victory after extra-time in the World Cup Final).
- La Roja have scored 28 goals in their last 10 internationals, and have only failed to score in one of their last 22 (0-4 v Portugal in November 2010).
- England have only failed to score on one of their last 11 friendlies, netting a total of 22 goals in this run.
- England's five strikers have a combined England record of 17 caps and four goals, David Villa has scored 50 goals in 80 caps for Spain.
- Spain's David Silva has created a Premier League-high three chances from open play per game this season.
- Fabio Capello's side ended a run of four home games without a victory with a shaky 1-0 victory over Wales in their last game at Wembley.
- Joe Hart has now played 14 games for England without losing (10 wins, four draws), the most of any player to have played for the Three Lions since Euro 96.