Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 09-10 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Cagliari
- Cagliari have won three of their last four Serie A meetings with Bologna.
- Both sides have won three of the last six fixtures between these two at the Dall'Ara.
- Bologna have lost their last two games of this campaign against Parma and Catania.
- Bologna have shared the points only once in their last 18 home games in the top flight.
- Cagliari have drawn their last two fixtures after coming back from 0-2 down.
- Cagliari have recorded three wins and as many draws away from home for this term.
- Cagliari have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (11), although the Sardinians have lost the most points from leading situations this term (14).
Fiorentina v Bari
- These two sides last met in the top flight in March 2001, when Bari had the better of the Viola at home by 2-1.
- Fiorentina's last win against Bari in the league was back in August 1999, since then Bari have won twice and there has been one draw.
- However, Fiorentina remain unbeaten in their last 16 meetings with Bari at home (11 wins and five draws); Bari's only win at Fiorentina's ground was 61 years ago, in January 1949.
- Fiorentina have not shared a draw in the last nine match-days of this campaign.
- Bari have won three of their last four league fixtures, but have managed to collect only one point from their last four on the road.
- Brazilian striker, Barreto, has scored in his last three consecutive games for Bari.
- Alberto Gilardino has netted five in his last five fixtures for Fiorentina.
- More than one third of Bari's goals (eight out of 21) have been netted in the first 15 minutes of play.
Genoa v Catania
- These two sides have met 14 times in the top flight; the Sicilians lead by six wins to four, there have also been four draws.
- At Genoa's ground the hosts have won three times, with as many draws and only one win to the guests so far.
- Genoa have picked up only one point from the last three match-days of Serie A, conceding eight goals in the process.
- However, Gasperini's side are unbeaten in their last four games at home, they had three consecutive wins, before their 2-2 draw with Parma.
- Since the appointment of Sinisa Mihajlovic, Catania have managed two wins and one defeat.
- Catania's 2-1 win at Juventus ended a run of 14 games without a single success for the Sicilians away from home.
- Genoa have conceded 20 goals after half-time so far - a league-high.
Inter v Siena
- Next Saturday's meeting will be the 13th between Inter and Siena in the top flight; the Nerazzurri are unbeaten in light of eight wins and four draws.
- Siena were able to hold the Nerazzurri to a draw at the San Siro on two occasions, and lost the other four games without scoring a single goal.
- Inter are unbeaten at home in their last 31 league games, since losing against Juventus in March 2008.
- The Nerazzurri have netted exactly one goal in each of their last five league games, winning the last two against Lazio and Chievo by 1-0.
- In spite of this, Inter still boast the best attack of this competition (37 goals).
- Siena have the worst defence in Serie A after conceding 33 goals already.
- Siena have lost their last two fixtures, against Palermo and Fiorentina.
- After beating Cagliari in the opening game of this campaign, Siena have lost their ensuing seven away games.
Juventus v AC Milan
- Juventus and AC Milan have met 148 times in Serie A - the Old Lady lead by 51 wins to 44, with 53 draws so far.
- Juventus' biggest win against AC Milan was a 6-1 victory at home in April 1997, while the Rossoneri's biggest was a 7-1 away win over Juve, back in February 1950.
- The game with the most goals scored between the two sides was AC Milan's 5-4 win in Turin in November 1958.
- This fixture has ended goalless 15 times so far, the last occasion was in December 2007.
- Juve have won their last two meetings at home with AC Milan, scoring seven goals in total.
- AC Milan's last win over Juve was back in October 2005 - since then three draws and two wins to the Bianconeri.
- Ciro Ferrara's side have managed only three wins in their last seven fixtures at home in this campaign.
- Leonardo's side have won six of their last seven league fixtures, losing one at home to Palermo.
- The Rossoneri are unbeaten in their last five games away from home (three wins and two draws).
- Juventus have scored the most headed goals this term (10).
- Milan share with Roma the record of most wins from losing situations (four).
Livorno v Parma
- These two sides have met eight times in the top flight; Parma lead by four wins to three, but the last meeting ended in a draw in March 2008.
- Livorno are unbeaten against Parma in their four previous meetings at home (three wins and a draw).
- Since the appointment of Serse Cosmi, Livorno have managed three wins and two defeats at home in the league.
- Livorno have not shared the points in their last 11 games in Serie A (five wins and six defeats).
- Parma have managed only one win from their last five league games, two draws and as many defeats complete the record.
- Parma have already won two games on the road this term, but have failed to keep a clean sheet away from the Tardini so far.
- Livorno have scored the fewest goals so far in Serie A (11).
Napoli v Sampdoria
- The last three fixtures played at the San Paolo between these two sides have all ended with the same scoreline (2-0), twice to the hosts and once to the guests.
- The Partenopei are still unbeaten under Walter Mazzarri (11 games, six wins and five draws).
- Napoli are also unbeaten at the San Paolo in this campaign (seven wins and three draws).
- Sampdoria are on a run of five consecutive defeats away from home in the league.
- The Blucerchiati have picked up only two points from the last five match-days of Serie A, scoring only two goals in the process.
- Luigi Del Neri's side have netted only four goals on the road this term.
- Fabio Quagliarella has scored four goals in his last four games; Quagliarella will face his former team on Saturday, where he played 35 games in 2006/07 scoring 13 goals.
- Napoli have bagged the most goals after half-time this term in the league (19).
Palermo v Atalanta
- Palermo are unbeaten in their last five league meetings with Atalanta (two wins to the Sicilians and three draws).
- However, the Rosanero have managed to win only two of their last five games at home against Atalanta.
- Palermo are unbeaten at home in their last 15 home games; their last defeat at the Barbera came in the derby defeat to Catania last March.
- The Rosanero have conceded only two goals in their last six home games in Serie A.
- Since the appointment of Delio Rossi, Palermo have managed three wins, one draw and a defeat, conceding only three goals in the process.
- Atalanta have picked up only one point from the last four match-days, and lost three of their last four games on the road without scoring a single goal.
- Such a negative run caused the resignation of manager, Antonio Conte, after only 13 games in charge, in which the Nerazzurri had managed only three wins.
- Atalanta have conceded 15 goals before half-time so far, a league-high.
Roma v Chievo
- This will be the 15th meeting between these two sides in the top flight; Chievo have won only once so far, six Roma wins and seven draws complete this record.
- Four of the last five league meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Chievo have scored only three goals in their previous seven visits to Roma in the top flight.
- Roma are unbeaten in their last eight fixtures, and have won their last four at home.
- Chievo have recorded four wins, as many defeats and a draw away from home this term.
- However, Chievo have lost three of their last four games on the road, and have lost their last two without scoring a single goal.
- Roma have recouped the most points from losing situations this term (14).
- Roma have scored the most goals from set pieces this term in Serie A: more than half of the Giallorossi's goals (15 out of 29) have come from dead ball situations.
Udinese v Lazio
- Udinese are unbeaten in the past two seasons against Lazio; two wins to the Bianconeri and as many draws.
- However, Lazio are unbeaten in their last three trips to the Friuli.
- After winning the opening game of this campaign at Chievo, Lazio are winless in their ensuing seven games on the road (four draws and three defeats).
- Lazio have netted only one goal in their last six away games of this competition.
- In Wednesday's 4-1 win against Livorno, Lazio scored in one game as many goals as they had netted in the prior 11 match-days of this campaign.
- Udinese have lost their last three fixtures in the league.
- Lazio's new striker, Sergio Floccari, scored a brace in his debut game last Wednesday, leading his side to success against Livorno.