Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 10-11 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brescia v Juventus
- Brescia have won only two of their 42 meetings against Juventus in the top-flight, both of them at home.
- Brescia's last win against the Old Lady was in December 2002 (2-0).
- Since then, Juve have notched-up five consecutive wins against Brescia.
- Brescia have managed to score more than two goals in a game against Juventus only once before - a 4-0 win in December 1965.
- Juventus have netted 10 goals in total over their last four visits to Brescia.
- Last Saturday's draw at the San Siro against Inter ended a run of five consecutive defeats for Brescia.
- The Rondinelle have scored only three goals in the last six match-days in Serie A.
- Beppe Iachini's side have not shared the points in any of their last 13 Serie A fixtures (six wins and seven defeats, including the last two at home).
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last six games in the league (four wins and two draws).
- The Bianconeri are also unbeaten in their last nine games in all competitions, but have managed to win only four games in Serie A and the Europa League.
- Juventus have the best attack in the league; 21 goals, and have also scored the most headed goals so far (4).
Cagliari v Napoli
- Cagliari and Napoli have already met 50 times in Serie A: with the Partenopei having won 16 times, losing 13 and playing out 21 draws.
- Napoli's last win at Catania came back in May 1995, 1-0.
- Napoli have managed to score more than two goals at the Sant'Elia only once before; in their last visit in 2009-10, but it still wasn't enough to take all three points (3-3 at FT).
- Cagliari are unbeaten in their last 10 Serie A meetings against Napoli (four wins and six draws).
- The Sardinians have lost only one of their last seven games at home in the league - with two wins and four draws completing their recent record.
- Napoli are still unbeaten away from home this season, winning three games and drawing the other two.
- 10 of Napoli's 17 goals this season have been scored in the last 15 minutes of matches.
- Following his brace against Parma at the weekend, Edison Cavani is now the joint top goalscorer in Serie A, alongside Samuel Eto'o, with eight goals.
Catania v Udinese
- Catania have won half of their 16 Serie A meetings against Udinese, losing six and drawing twice.
- Udinese have failed to score in five of their previous eight trips to Catania in the top-flight.
- The Sicilians have managed to beat Udinese only once in their last five meetings against Udinese in Serie A.
- Catania defeated Udinese 5-0 in October 1954: a result that remains the Sicilians' biggest win in their Serie A history so far.
- Catania are without a win in their last six matches in Serie A (four draws and two defeats), and have failed to score in their last three.
- However, Catania are yet to lose their first game in 2010 at home, securing nine wins and seven draws so far in the league.
- Catania have drawn their last three matches at the Massimino.
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last six matches in Serie A (four wins and two draws), conceding only two goals in the process.
- Away from home, Francesco Guidolin's side have picked up seven points from their last three games, without conceding a single goal.
Cesena v Lazio
- Lazio are unbeaten against Cesena in Serie A, but have drawn 10 of their previous 14 meetings.
- Cesena have scored only five goals in their 14 previous meetings against Lazio in Serie A.
- Each of the previous seven meetings between these two sides in Cesena have ended in a draw, with six of them ending goalless.
- After winning seven points from their opening three fixtures, Cesena have picked up only one point from their last seven matches this season.
- Cesena have only managed to score more than one goal in a game on one occasion in their last 18 Serie A fixtures, this coming in their first game at home this season vs AC Milan (2-0).
- Last Sunday's defeat in the derby against Roma ended Lazio's eight-game unbeaten run (seven wins and a draw).
- Away from home, the Biancocelesti have won their last four games, conceding only one goal in the process.
- Cesena have conceded the most headed goals this term in Serie A (4).
- Lazio have conceded only one goal before half time this season.
Chievo v Bari
- These two sides have met twice in Serie A, both last season. Bari had the better on both occasions (2-1 away at the Bentegodi and 1-0 at the San Nicola).
- Chievo have won only one of their last six league games, losing three.
- Chievo have failed to score in four of these six fixtures.
- Bari are on a run of five consecutive defeats away from home and have conceded more than one goal in each of these games.
- Bari are winless in their last eight games on the road (five defeats and three draws) and lost the last three, conceding eight goals in total.
- Bari have the worst defence of the Serie A this season, conceding 18 goals.
- Chievo have attempted the most crosses so far (347), Bari the fewest (182).
- Chievo have won on all four occasions that they have taken the lead this season.
Genoa v Bologna
- Between them, Genoa and Bologna have won the Scudetto 16 times in the history of Serie A.
- Genoa have managed to beat Bologna only 17 times in their 72 previous meetings - 14 of these wins coming at home.
- Bologna won 4-3 at the Marassi last term. Only one previous meeting between these two sides has seen recorded more goals scored - 7-2 for the Grifoni in July 1948.
- Last season, the two fixtures between Genoa and Bologna produced 11 goals overall.
- Genoa have lost three of their last four league games; with a 1-0 win over Catania completing the record.
- Following a poor run of form, Gampiero Gasperini was sacked as Genoa's manager, becoming the second boss to be sacked this season in Serie A. At this time last season, six managers had already lost their job.
- Bologna have picked up the most yellow cards so far (27).
- Giuseppe Sculli has already scored five goals in his career against Bologna, his favourite target in Serie A alongside AC Milan.
- Emiliano Viviano has already made 48 saves this season; a league-high.
Lecce v Inter
- Lecce have lost 21 of their 26 previous meetings against Inter in Serie A.
- The Nerazzurri have won their last four meetings against Lecce without conceding a single goal.
- Lecce have only managed to score more than one goal in a game against Inter on two occasions before, when they won 2-1 in May 2004 and drew 2-2 the following October.
- These two sides have drawn by 0-0 only once so far, in January 1990.
- The last time that Inter failed to score against Lecce was in November 2000, when they lost 1-0 at the Via del Mare.
- Lecce have lost their last two league games by the same scoreline (2-0).
- Lecce are still unbeaten at home this season (three wins and a draw), and haven't lost at home in their last eight games in the top-flight.
- Inter have won only one of their last six league fixtures, drawing three and losing once.
- Over these six games, the Nerazzurri have netted only four goals, and never more than once in a single match.
- However, away from home, Rafa Benitez's side have won three of their last four games.
- Samuel Eto'o has already scored 17 goals in 16 fixtures in all competitions for Inter this term.
AC Milan v Palermo
- AC Milan have won 27 of their previous 46 games against Palermo in Serie A.
- The Rosanero have taken only eight points from the San Siro against AC Milan, collecting two wins and as many draws in their 23 previous games.
- Last season the Sicilians won both games against AC Milan (2-0 at the San Siro and 3-1 in Sicily).
- Prior to their return to Serie A in 2004, Palermo had taken only one point from their 17 visits to AC Milan, thanks to a draw in 1959.
- AC Milan have won five of their last six league games, with their sole defeat coming at home against Juventus (1-2).
- That against the Bianconeri was AC Milan's first defeat of the year at home, after 10 wins and five draws in 2010 at the San Siro.
- Palermo have won four of their last six away games in Serie A, losing twice.
Parma v Sampdoria
- These two sides have met 30 times in Serie A so far, with their head to head record being perfectly even, with both winning 11 times so far.
- Sampdoria have won only twice at the Tardini (between 2007 and 2008).
- Parma's win last February was their first against Sampdoria in their last five meetings at the Tardini.
- Parma have netted only three goals in their last five meetings against Sampdoria in the top-flight.
- After winning their opening game of the season, Parma have failed to win in the ensuing nine fixtures (five draws and four defeats).
- Parma have failed to score in their last three league games - two goalless draws and a 2-0 defeat against Napoli.
- Sampdoria are unbeaten in their last seven fixtures, however the Blucerchiati have managed only two wins in the process.
- Away from home, Sampdoria are unbeaten in the last eight games between this and last season (three wins and five draws).
- Parma have scored only six goals so far in this campaign - currently the worst attacking side in Serie A.
Roma v Fiorentina
- This will be the 143rd Serie A meeting between Roma and Fiorentina, with the Viola having won 44 times compared to Roma's total of 42. The other 56 games have ended level.
- Fiorentina's last win at the Olimpico against Roma was in 1992. Since then, the hosts have won 11 times, with four draws completing the record.
- Roma have failed to score only once in their last 18 league meetings against Fiorentina in the league.
- Over the three seasons when Claudio Ranieri was the Fiorentina manager, the head to head record between these two sides was perfectly even, with two wins each and two draws.
- Roma have picked up 10 points from their last four matches in Serie A, and have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three.
- The Giallorossi are unbeaten at home in their last six games; winning four games, including their last three.
- Fiorentina have picked up seven points form their last three games and the last time that they managed such a good run of form was in September 2009.
- The Viola are without a win in their last nine games away from home, losing six times and collecting three draws.
- Roma have already hit the woodwork eight times this season; a league-high.(4).