Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 11-13 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna - AC Milan
- Alongside Inter, AC Milan have scored the most goals against Bologna in Serie A (194 in 126 meetings).
- The Rossoneri have won seven of their last 10 league meetings against Bologna, losing two and only drawing one.
- At home, Bologna have failed to beat AC Milan in their last five meetings in the top-flight, failing to score in four of these fixtures.
- Bologna have won their last two league games, against Cesena and Chievo; the last time they managed three consecutive win was in February 2005.
- AC Milan have won five of their last six Serie A fixtures - a 1-1 draw against Sampdoria completes the record.
- Away from home, Massimiliano Allegri's side are unbeaten in their last six games (four wins and two draws).
- Bologna have conceded only three goals this season at home - the fewest in Serie A so far.
- Bologna have scored only one goal in the first 30 minutes of play (the fewest in this campaign), while the Rossoneri have bagged the most in this period (13).
Brescia - Sampdoria
- This will be the 25th meeting between these two sides in the top-flight: Sampdoria lead by 13 wins to six, with five draws.
- The record of previous meetings at Brescia's ground is perfectly even, with four wins each and as many draws.
- Brescia have won only one of the last eight league games against the Blucerchiati at the Rigamonti - four draws and three wins for the guests complete the record.
- Brescia are winless in the last 11 match-days of Serie A (eight defeats and three draws) - currently the longest run in the competition.
- Brescia have scored only two goals in their last four games at home.
- Samp have suffered only one defeat in the last 12 rounds of this campaign, however they have shared the points seven times in the process.
- Away from home, Sampdoria have lost only one of their last 10 games, winning four and losing five.
- Nine of Brescia's 11 total goals this season have been scored before half-time - the highest ratio in Serie A (82%).
Cagliari - Catania
- This will be the 15th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: Catania lead in the head-to-head by six wins to four, with four draws completing the record.
- Cagliari have managed to win only one of their last six meetings against Catania in the top-flight.
- However, at home the Sardinians have lost only one of their previous seven meetings against Catania in the league, winning three times so far.
- Cagliari have won three and lost two of their last five Serie A games at home.
- Catania are winless in their last 14 Serie A games on the road (seven draws and as many defeats).
- Cagliari have scored the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play in Serie A (four).
- The Sicilians have conceded only one goal in the first 30 minutes of play so far this term - fewer than any other Serie A side this season.
Genoa - Napoli
- Genoa have shared the points against Napoli 30 times in Serie A - more than against any other side in the Italian top-flight.
- Genoa are unbeaten in their last six league meetings with Napoli.
- Last January the goalless draw at the San Paolo ended a run of five consecutive wins for Genoa against Napoli in Serie A.
- Napoli have managed to beat Genoa only once in their last 12 meetings in this competition, at home in January 1995.
- Napoli have managed to win at the Marassi against Genoa only once in their last 13 visits in the league (4-3 in January 1992).
- Napoli have won five of their last seven league games, but have lost their last two on the road against Lazio and Udinese.
- Genoa have scored only six goals at home this season, no other Serie A side have scored fewer at their own ground.
- Half of Napoli's goals this season (12 out of 24) have been scored in the last 15 minutes of play, including Maggio's last gasp winner against Palermo last Thursday.
- Genoa however, have conceded the fewest goals in the last 30 minutes of play so far in this campaign (two).
Juventus - Lazio
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last 11 league meetings against Lazio (seven wins for the Bianconeri and four draws, including last January's 1-1).
- Lazio have failed to win at Juve's ground since December 2002 (2-1); since then, the Old Lady have won four times in Turin, sharing the points twice.
- Juventus are unbeaten since 23 September, when they were beaten by Palermo 3-1 - since then, they have recorded the longest unbeaten run in Serie A (11 fixtures).
- Lazio have conceded only three goals in the first half so far this season, the fewest in Serie A alongside Sampdoria.
- Overall, Lazio have the joint-best defence of this competitions, alongside AC Milan and Sampdoria (12 goals conceded).
- The Biancocelesti will face the most prolific attack of the Serie A - Juve have netted 29 goals so far this season.
- Juventus have already conceded 11 goals at home soil this term - a league-high.
- Lazio have won each of the nine games in which they have taken the lead this season, while Juve have taken all three points in seven of the 10 fixtures they were ahead.
Lecce - Chievo
- Chievo have won five of their 10 Serie A meetings against Lecce so far, two draws and three successes for the Salentini complete the record.
- The record in the head-to-head at Lecce's ground in perfectly even, with both sides winning twice and one draw.
- Chievo have not scored a single goal in their last three visits to the Via del Mare in Serie A.
- Lecce have the worst defence of this competition (31 goals conceded), and have also shipped the most headed goals (six).
- Chievo have conceded only five goals after the break so far this season - a Serie A-low.
- Chievo have won each of their five games in which have taken the lead this season, whereas Lecce have won only three times out of they six games they were leading.
- Chievo have already gained seven points from trailing situations, only Inter (eight) have done better so far in this competition.
Palermo - Parma
- Palermo have managed to beat Parma only twice so far in 10 Serie A meetings - three wins for the Ducali and five draws complete their record.
- However, Palermo had the better in the last meeting, played at the Barbera last February.
- Last Monday's 1-0 defeat against Napoli ended a run of three consecutive wins for Palermo in the league.
- However, at home the Rosanero have won their last three games in Serie A.
- Parma have managed only one win on the road this season (1-0 against Bari); two draws and four defeats for the Ducali.
- Hernan Crespo has netted each of Parma's last five goals over the last three match-days of this campaign.
Roma - Bari
- Roma are unbeaten in their last 15 games against Bari in the top-flight, since January 1992.
- Bari have never scored more than a single goal in a game in their last 12 meetings against Roma.
- Roma are unbeaten in their 29 meetings at home against Bari in Serie A.
- However, the Giallorossi were held to 1-1 draws in two of their last four meetings against Bari at the Olimpico.
- Claudio Ranieri's side have won only one of their last four league games this season.
- However, the Giallorossi have notched-up five consecutive wins at home.
- Bari are winless in the last 10 match-days of this competition, and have failed to score in four of the last five.
- Bari have netted only 10 goals so far this season - the Serie A joint-lowest so far.
Udinese - Fiorentina
- Fiorentina have won three of their last four Serie A meetings against Udinese, including the last two.
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last eight meetings, in which they have won four times each.
- Udinese have won three of their last four meetings at home against the Viola, though the guests had the better in their last trip to the Friuli (1-0 in November 2009).
- Udinese have notched-up four wins and a draw in their last five games at home in this competition.
- Fiorentina are waiting for their first away win since beating Napoli at the San Paolo last March (12 games).
- Udinese's worst defeat in Serie A was 7-0 against Fiorentina in January 1959.
- The Viola have already lost 10 points from leading situations, a joint-high alongside Cesena.