Italian Serie A Opta facts - 12-13 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta v Inter
- Inter have beaten Atalanta in six of the last eight Serie A meetings between the two sides.
- However, Atalanta won the last game played between them, in Bergamo last January (3-1).
- Antonio Conte's side have lost five of their last six fixtures.
- Defeat against Juve last Saturday ended a run of three consecutive away wins for Inter in Serie A.
- Last season Cristiano Doni netted four goals for Atalanta against Inter, two in each fixture.
- Inter boast the best attack of this competition (34 goals).
Bari v Juventus
- Juve have won their last three meetings with Bari in Serie A, without conceding a single goal.
- Bari's last win against the Old Lady was in November 1990 (2-0 at home); since then the Bianconeri have won 10 and drawn five.
- Bari have won their last three consecutive fixtures at home in the league.
- Giampiero Ventura's side have conceded only three goals in seven home games this season.
- Bari have conceded only four goals before half-time so far, a league-low.
Cagliari v Napoli
- Cagliari are unbeaten in their last eight league meetings with Napoli (four wins).
- The hosts have won three and drawn one of the last four games played at the Sant'Elia.
- After a goalless draw on the opening day of the season, Cagliari have not shared the points.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side are on a run of four consecutive wins at home in Serie A.
- Napoli are still unbeaten in eight games under Walter Mazzarri (four wins).
- Cagliari have kept seven clean sheets so far, a league record they share with Fiorentina.
Catania v Livorno
- These two sides have met four times in the top flight, the hosts have won them all.
- Catania are winless since 18 October, since then the Sicilians have picked up only two points in seven fixtures.
- Livorno have picked up three wins and four defeats since the appointment of, Serse Cosmi.
- However the Tuscans have lost four of their last five league fixtures, without scoring a goal.
- Livorno have the poorest attack in the league (six goals).
- Catania have dropped 13 points from leading positions, a league-high.
Chievo v Fiorentina
- Fiorentina have won their last eight league meetings with Chievo, conceding only three goals in the process.
- Chievo have netted only one goal in their last five league meetings with the Viola.
- The club from Verona have won their last two Serie A games, without conceding a goal.
- Cesare Prandelli's side have not shared the points in their last seven Serie A games.
- Alberto Gilardino has netted three goals in the last three match-days, and he also scored in both fixtures against Chievo last season.
Lazio v Genoa
- Genoa have beaten Lazio only once in their last 10 meetings in the league, six wins to the Biancocelesti and three draws complete the record.
- Five of the last eight league meetings played at the Olimpico between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Lazio are winless in 13 Serie A games, currently the longest run in Serie A.
- Davide Ballardini's side have not scored a goal in their last three games.
- Genoa have picked up only one point from their last three league games on the road.
AC Milan v Palermo
- Milan have managed to win only two of their last six Serie A games against Palermo, three wins to the Rosanero complete the record.
- However, over the last 22 meetings between these two sides at the San Siro, the hosts have won 19 times.
- Leonardo's side are unbeaten in their last 10 matches, and are on a run of five consecutive wins.
- The last time AC Milan managed to win more than five in a row in the same campaign was in 2005/06.
- After losing the derby, the Rossoneri have won five of the ensuing six games at the San Siro, drawing once.
- Palermo are on a run of three consecutive defeats away from home in the league.
Parma v Bologna
- Parma have won only one of their last 14 Serie A games with Bologna.
- These two sides have met 10 times at the Tardini in the top flight: the hosts have won only three times, the guests twice, five draws complete the record.
- Parma are unbeaten in the last four match-days, however they have picked up only two points from their last two games.
- At home, Parma are on a run of three wins and one draw, and have conceded only once in the process.
- Bologna have failed to win away from home since last January, a run of 15 games.
Sampdoria v Roma
- Sampdoria's last win against Roma was in April 2005; since then the Giallorossi have won five times, with three draws completing the record.
- Roma have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five league meetings with Samp.
- The Blucerchiati have lost three of their last four league fixtures, however they are unbeaten at home in their last 16.
- Roma are unbeaten in their last five games, and have won their last three.
- Roma's Julio Baptista netted a brace in both of last season's game against Fiorentina.
- Roma have gained 14 points from trailing situations this term, a league-high - while Samp have dropped 10 from leading positions (only Catania have done worse).
Siena v Udinese
- These two sides have met 12 times in the top flight: Siena have won only twice, Udinese six times, with four draws completing the record.
- The last three meetings played in Siena between these two have all ended in draws.
- Last Sunday's 3-2 win ended a run of 12 winless games for Siena in Serie A.
- Udinese have lost three of their last four league fixtures, and have scored only one goal in the process.
- Udinese have picked up only two points away from home this term, a league-low.