Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 12-13 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Genoa
- Prior the 1-2 defeat at Genoa in October, Bari had not lost against the Grifoni in five Serie A games (three wins and two draws).
- At home Bari have won three of the last four Serie A encounters with Genoa, scoring at least three goals in each victory.
- Bari have lost their last six league games scoring two goals and conceding at least two per game.
- Bari have not won at their San Nicola stadium in the last nine league games and have lost the last three without netting a single goal.
- Genoa are not in a good period either, having won once in the last eight league matches (plus four draws and three defeats).
- The Rossoblu have not scored in their last three away fixtures (two goalless draws and one 0-1 defeat).
- Bari have scored the fewest goals in Serie A, just 14.
Brescia v Lazio
- This is the fixture Brescia have won the most times in the top flight, 13 times out of 37.
- Brescia have failed to score in the last three Serie A encounters with the team from the capital collecting just one point in the process.
- Brescia have won just one of their last seven home meetings with the Biancazzurri, drawing three and losing three.
- Brescia have won three of their last five home games and lost the other two.
- Edy Reja's team have won once in the last four league games, drawing the last two against Milan and Chievo.
- The Biancazzurri have not won in their last six games away games, during which they have alternated between a draw and a defeat.
- Mauro Zarate & co have not scored more than one goal in any of their last seven away league fixtures.
Cagliari v Chievo
- Cagliari have won just two of their 11 top flight games against Chievo, drawing five times and losing four.
- In Sardinia the outcome is very even, two wins apiece and one draw.
- Roberto Donadoni's side have not shared the points in their last 14 league games, seven defeats and as many wins.
- Cagliari have won four of their last six league matches, losing only to Roma and Juventus.
- Chievo are on a six game unbeaten run, two wins and four draws.
- Chievo have drawn the most games so far in Serie A, 10.
- Stefano Pioli's team have won once in their last 10 away league games, drawing four and losing five.
- Cagliari's Andrea Cossu has supplied 11 assist in Serie A this term, a league high.
Catania v Lecce
- This is only the fourth Serie A game between these two sides, Lecce have won both their home games while the only previous game at the Massimino ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Catania have not won once in the last seven league match days collecting just two points in the process.
- After their 18 game unbeaten home run between January to November 2010, Catania have lost three of their successive five games played at the Massimino.
- The Sicilians have not managed to score more than one goal in their last 10 home matches in Serie A.
- Last Sunday's home defeat against Palermo interrupted Lecce's five game unbeaten run, their longest in the top flight since 2004.
- Lecce have mustered seven points in their last three away fixtures, they had managed just two in their previous 17 in the top flight.
- Luigi De Canio's team have shipped the most goals, 43.
- Since the appointment of Diego Simeone, Catania have collected just one point in four games.
Cesena v Udinese
- The head to head in Serie A between these two sides is perfectly even, three wins each and one draw.
- Cesena won their first three top flight encounters with Udinese but have collected just one point from the following four.
- Cesena are unbeaten at home against the side from the North East, two wins and one draw.
- Cesena have now not won any of their last seven Serie A matches, four defeats and three draws.
- Udinese are unbeaten in the last seven league fixtures, five wins and two draws.
- After winning 2-0 against the leaders AC Milan, Cesena have failed to score more than once in their following 11 home games.
- Considering only the last 13 match days, Udinese would be top of the league with Milan and Palermo.
- The team from Friuli have netted 10 goals in their last three away games, mustering seven points.
- Cesena are the only Serie A side not to have hit the woodwork (Udinese did it in 12 occasions).
Juventus v Inter
- These two sides have met 155 times in Serie A with the Bianconeri leading by 72 wins to 44.
- Inter are the team Juventus have defeated the most times in Serie A and also the one against whom they registered their biggest Serie A win, 9-1 at home in 1960-61.
- The Bianconeri have won just one of the last five league meetings against Inter.
- Juventus have alternated between a victory and a defeat in their last four home league games. For this to continue, they must beat the European champions.
- Inter have won seven of their eight league games since the appointment of Leonardo.
- The Old Lady have won just two of their last six home league fixtures, against Lazio and bottom club Bari.
- Inter have lost three of their last five Serie A away league fixtures.
- The reigning champions have scored the most goals, 44.
- Luigi Del Neri's team have shipped in the most home goals, 19 in 11 fixtures.
- Samuel Eto'o has netted six goals in the last six Serie A games.
Milan v Parma
- The Rossoneri have lost only one of the last 13 league games v Parma and won nine.
- Last time Parma won against Milan at the San Siro was back in December 1996, 0-1, since then they have drawn three and lost nine.
- Milan are unbeaten in the last seven league games but have drawn four of these.
- At home Massimiliano Allegri's team have won only once in the last four, drawn twice and lost once.
- Parma have lost four of their last five away games, winning only their first in 2011 v Juventus in Turin, 4-1.
- Milan boast the best defence in Serie A, 19 goals conceded.
- Parma are the team against whom Ibrahimovic has scored most goals in Serie A, eight in as many games.
- Parma have conceded the most penalties, eight.
- Last Sunday Amauri has scored his first Serie A goal since 14/02/2010 when he netted one for Juventus v Genoa.
Palermo v Fiorentina
- This will be the 48th meeting in Serie A between Palermo and Fiorentina: the Viola lead by 26 win to 13, eight draws complete the record.
- Only AC Milan (28 times) have beaten Palermo more times than Fiorentina in the top-flight.
- These two sides have not shared the points in any of their last seven league matches: the Sicilians have won four times, the Tuscans three times.
- At home the Rosanero have lost only once in their last 10 league meetings against Fiorentina.
- Delio Rossi's side have won three of their last four Serie A games, losing only at San Siro against Internazionale 2-3 after being two goals ahead at half time.
- At the Barbera the hosts have won their last seven consecutive league games, and they have not conceded more than one in each of the last nine.
- Fiorentina have lost only once in the last seven Serie A match-days, at Rome against Lazio (0-2).
- Away from home though, the Viola are without a win since March 2010; since then, they have drawn seven and lost 10 of the following 17 away league games.
- Palermo boast the second best attack in Serie A (42 goals scored) behind Internazionale (44).
- However, only Lecce (43) and Bari (39) have conceded more goals than the Rosanero, 31.
- Fabrizio Miccoli has scored Palermo's first goal in each of the last three league fixtures.
Roma v Napoli
- The most common result in this fixture is the draw, which has occurred 47 times. Roma have won 44 and Napoli 36.
- Prior their defeat at the San Paolo in the first part of the season, Roma had not lost in Serie A v Napoli since May 1997.
- The last Napoli win at the Olimpico is dated September 1993, 2-3. Since then, they have drawn three and lost five.
- Roma have scored at least one goal in all their last 15 league fixtures.
- Claudio Ranieri's team are the only Serie A side still unbeaten at home, eight wins and three draws.
- Napoli have lost once in their last six league games, 0-2 v Chievo.
- The Azzurri have kept eight clean sheets in their last 10 league fixtures.
- Napoli have lost four of their last six Serie A games played away from home and won the other two.
- The last eight Roma league goals have all been netted by different players.
- Edinson Cavani has scored eight goals in the last six Serie A matches.
- Roma have received the most red cards so far this season in the top flight, seven.
Sampdoria v Bologna
- Bologna lead Sampdoria 34 wins to 28 in their 98 Serie A head to heads.
- Bologna have won only one of their last 11 Serie A games v Sampdoria.
- Last two league meetings between these two sides ended with the same score line, 1-1.
- Sampdoria have not lost at home to Bologna in their last five Serie A encounters, three wins and two draws.
- The Blucerchiati have not scored a single goal in their last five league matches and collected just one point in the process.
- Sampdoria have scored in just one game, 2-1 v Roma, in the last eight in the Italian top flight.
- Bologna have lost once in their last seven Serie A match days and won three of the last five.
- Marco Di Vaio has scored five goals in the last six league matches.