Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 13-14 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Cagliari v Bari
- Cagliari and Bari have met 15 times in the top flight: Bari lead by five wins to four, six draws complete the record.
- The club from Puglia have won only once in Sardinia, on their last visit to Cagliari, back in November 1999.
- The Sardinians have won only once in their last five Serie A meetings with Bari.
- Cagliari are winless in the last three match-days of Serie A (two draws and one defeat).
- However, at home Massimiliano Allegri's side are unbeaten in their last eight fixtures (five wins and three draws).
- Bari have won only once in the last six match-days of Serie A, 4-2 at home against Palermo.
- Giampiero Ventura's side have picked up only two points from their last eight games on the road.
- Bari have netted the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play so far in Serie A (11), Cagliari have scored the most in the last 15 minutes (12).
- Cagliari have dropped the most points from leading situations so far this term (16).
Catania v Atalanta
- This will be the 22nd meeting between these two sides in Serie A: Atalanta lead by seven wins to six, with eight draws rounding off the record.
- Atalanta have managed only one win at the Massimino so far, with the hosts having the better on six occasions; three draws complete the record.
- Catania are unbeaten in the last four match-days of this campaign (two wins and as many draws).
- Atalanta have collected only one point from their last five away games in Serie A.
- Atalanta have conceded the most goals in the last 15 minutes of the first half (12).
Chievo v Siena
- Chievo and Siena have met 11 times in the top flight so far: the team from Verona lead by five wins to four, there have also been two draws.
- Siena have won three of the last three fixtures played at the Bentegodi against Chievo, losing only once in the process (4-1 in March 2006).
- Chievo have won only one of their last seven league games (1-0 at home against Juventus) - four defeats and two draws complete the record.
- However, at home Domenico Di Carlo's side have won three of the last five games, losing only to Inter.
- The Tuscans have picked up only one point over the last seven match-days of Serie A (1-1 at home against Cagliari).
- Siena have lost their last 10 consecutive away games in Serie A; the Tuscans have taken points away from home only on match-day 2, when they won at Cagliari 3-1.
- Siena have already conceded 46 goals this term - a league-high; 14 of these goals were conceded in the last 15 minutes of play.
Juventus v Genoa
- Juventus have won 50 of their 85 Serie A meetings with Genoa - 17 draws and 18 wins to the Grifoni complete the record.
- Juventus have lost only one of their last 12 league meetings with Genoa (last season at the Marassi), and won seven of them.
- In Turin, Genoa have won only twice so far; the last time was in January 1991, 33 wins to the hosts and seven draws in total.
- Genoa have won only one point from their last six games played at Juve's ground.
- The Old Lady is winless in their last five league fixtures, since beating Parma on January 6.
- At home, Juventus have picked up only one point from their last four fixtures.
- Genoa are unbeaten in the last four match-days (two wins and as many draws); however, away from home Giampiero Gasperini's side are winless in their last seven games, and have picked up only two points in the process.
Livorno v Bologna
- Bologna have won 13 of their 27 previous Serie A meetings with Livorno; the Tuscans have managed seven wins, with as many draws.
- In Livorno, the guests have won only twice so far, in the first two meetings back in 1929 and 1931; since then, the hosts have beaten Bologna six times, with five draws.
- Serse Cosmi's side have picked up only two points from their last four league games.
- Bologna are unbeaten in their last five fixtures in the league (two wins and three draws).
- Away from home, Bologna have won only once in their last 19 games in the top flight (2-1 against Fiorentina last January).
- Livorno have scored only 15 goals in this campaign so far, a league-low.
AC Milan v Udinese
- Milan have lost their last three meetings with Udinese in all competitions: two in Serie A and one in the Coppa Italia last month.
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last nine meetings: six wins to the Rossoneri, three to the Bianconeri.
- At the San Siro, Milan have beaten Udinese in four of their last five meetings in the league.
- Leonardo's side are winless in their last four games in all competitions: two draws (with Livorno and Bologna) and a derby defeat in the league, and a loss to Udinese in the Coppa Italia.
- Last Sunday's win over Napoli was Udinese's first since the appointment of new manager, Gianni De Biasi, and their first for seven games in the league.
- Away from home, Udinese are winless in 12 games in the league, their last success on the road was in May 2009.
Napoli v Inter
- Napoli and Inter have not shared a draw in their last 15 encounters in the league: 10 wins to five to Inter in the process.
- Napoli have beaten Inter on the last three occasions these two sides have faced each other at the San Paolo, always with the same scoreline (1-0).
- Last Sunday's defeat at the Friuli against Udinese ended Napoli's 15-game unbeaten run in the league, since the appointment of Walter Mazzarri.
- Napoli have already kept 10 clean sheets in this campaign - a league-high.
- Inter are unbeaten in the last eight match-days of the Serie A (five wins and three draws).
- However, away from home the Nerazzurri have won only one of the last five games, three draws and a defeat complete the record.
- Inter boast the best attack of Serie A this season (49 goals scored), and are also the team who have conceded the fewest goals (20).
Parma v Lazio
- There is a perfect balance in the 37 previous meetings between Parma and Lazio in the top flight: each side has won 13 times, 11 draws complete the record.
- Parma's 2-1 win in the reverse fixture ended a run of seven consecutive winless games for them against Lazio in the league.
- Over the last three meetings between these two sides at the Tardini, there have been two draws and a win for the guests.
- Lazio are winless in their last five Serie A games, in which time they have picked up only three points and scored only three goals.
- Away from home, the Biancocelesti are winless since match-day 2, when they beat Chievo in Verona. Since then, six draws and four defeats on the road in this campaign.
- Parma are winless in the last seven match-days of the Serie A (five defeats and two draws).
- At home Guidolin's side have picked up only two points from the last three games, including their 1-1 draw against Inter last Wednesday.
Roma v Palermo
- Roma have won five of their last seven meetings with Palermo; the Rosanero have won once, one draw completes the record.
- Roma have beaten Palermo at the Olimpico in their last three league meetings.
- Roma are unbeaten in their last 19 games in all competitions: Totti & co. have won 16 of these, drawing three times.
- Roma are on a run of seven consecutive wins at home in the league, and have conceded only three goals in the process.
- Palermo have lost only one of their last nine Serie A fixtures (4-2 to Bari), six wins and two draws in the process.
- However, away from home the Sicilians have won only once in their last seven games, losing four times and drawing twice.
- Roma have already recouped 17 points from trailing situations this term - a league-high.
Sampdoria v Fiorentina
- Fiorentina have won their last three Serie A meetings with Sampdoria, without conceding a single goal in the process.
- Sampdoria have failed to beat Fiorentina in their last seven league meetings; the Blucerchiati's last success against the Viola was in January 2006.
- Sampdoria are on a run of three consecutive wins in the league.
- Sampdoria are unbeaten at home in their last 20 Serie A games, since defeat against Palermo in January 2006 at the Marassi.
- Fiorentina have picked up only one point from the last four match-days of Serie A (2-2 at Cagliari).
- Away from home, the Viola have won only one of their last five league games (5-1 to Siena).