Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 13-14 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Sampdoria
- Bologna have won only one of the last nine league meetings with Sampdoria, the last one, played at the Dall'Ara in March 2009.
- The Blucerchiati have scored only one goal in their last three visits to Bologna in Serie A.
- Franco Colomba's side have won three of their last four league games, and suffered only one defeat in the last nine match-days (1-2 at home against Juventus).
- Sampdoria have failed to score in their last two games on the road.
- Gigi Del Neri's side have drawn only once in their last 10 away games in Serie A - two wins and seven defeats complete the record.
Catania v Inter
- Inter have won their last eight Serie A meetings with Catania, scoring at least two goals per game.
- The Sicilians have picked up only one point from their last five Serie A meetings with Inter at the Massimino, and are winless against the Nerazzurri since February 1966.
- Catania have scored only two goals in their last five league meetings with Inter.
- Sinisa Mihajlovic's side are unbeaten in their last five home fixtures (three wins and two draws), and have conceded only one goal in the process.
- Inter are unbeaten in the last 12 match-days of Serie A, though they were held to a draw in four of the last five fixtures.
- Three of the Nerazzurri's last four games in the league have ended 0-0.
- Nevertheless, José Mourinho's side still have the best attack of this competition (52 goals scored so far).
- Inter also boast the best defence of this campaign (only 22 goals conceded in the first 27 games).
Genoa v Cagliari
- Since their return to the top flight, these two sides have met five times: three wins to Genoa and two to Cagliari.
- At home, Genoa are unbeaten in the last four meetings with Cagliari in Serie A (two wins and as many draws).
- The 3-4 defeat against Bologna in the last game played at the Marassi was Genoa's first after a run of nine unbeaten games at their own ground, in which they had notched-up seven wins and two draws.
- Cagliari have picked up only one point form the last three match-days of La Liga.
- Away from home, the Sardinians have managed only one win in their last seven games, losing the last three.
- Cagliari are, alongside Juventus, the side who have scored the most headed goals this term (12).
- 12 is also the number of goals scored by Cagliari in the last 15 minutes of play - currently a league-high.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side have dropped the most points from leading situations so far this season (21).
Juventus v Siena
- Juventus and Siena have never shared the points in their previous 11 Serie A meetings: 10 wins to the Old Lady (including the last five in Turin) and one to the Tuscans.
- Juventus have won the last three meetings with Siena without conceding a single goal.
- Overall, Juventus have kept a clean sheet in eight of their 11 meetings with Siena.
- Alberto Zaccheroni's side have won three of their last four league fixtures.
- However, at home Alex Del Piero & co. have lost four of their last six league fixtures; one win and a draw complete the record.
- Siena are unbeaten in the last four match-days of Serie A (two wins and as many draws); Alberto Malesani's side have also won their last two games on the road, against Chievo and Livorno.
- Juve have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 14 Serie A fixtures.
- Siena have the worst defence of this competition (48 goals conceded so far).
Lazio v Bari
- Lazio and Bari have met 55 times in the top flight so far: the Biancocelesti lead by 25 wins to 11, with 19 draws completing the record.
- Prior to Bari's 2-0 win in the reverse fixture, Lazio were unbeaten in 10 league meetings with the Biancorossi.
- At the Olimpico, Lazio are on a run of four wins and a draw in the last five meetings with Bari in Serie A.
- Lazio have managed only one win in the last nine match-days of Serie A - four draws and as many defeats complete the record.
- Last Sunday's win against Chievo ended a run of four consecutive defeats for Bari in Serie A.
- Giampiero Ventura's side have picked up only two points from their last 10 away games in Serie A, and have lost their last four consecutive fixtures away from the San Nicola.
Livorno v Roma
- Prior to Livorno's 1-0 win in the reverse fixture, Roma were unbeaten in eight meetings with the Amaranto in the league (four wins and as many draws).
- Livorno's win at the Olimpico was also Roma's last defeat at home in Serie A; since then, the Giallorossi have notched up nine consecutive wins at their own ground, before last Saturday's goalless draw with AC Milan.
- Overall, Roma are unbeaten in the last 17 league fixtures (12 wins and five draws).
- However, away from home Claudio Ranieri's side have been held to a draw in three of their last five games.
- The last three meetings between these two sides at the "Picchi" have all ended as draws.
- Livorno have picked up only two points from the last eight match-days of Serie A (draws with AC Milan and Juventus), and have lost their last four fixtures.
- At home, Serse Cosmi's side have taken only one point from their last four games.
- Livorno have the worst attack in Serie A (only 17 goals scored in 27 games, only 0.7 on average per game).
- The Giallorossi have already recouped 17 points from trailing situations - a league-high.
AC Milan v Chievo
- AC Milan and Chievo have met 15 times in the top flight so far: the Rossoneri lead by nine wins to two, with four draws.
- The Rossoneri have won their last six meetings with Chievo in Serie A.
- AC Milan are unbeaten at the San Siro against Chievo (five wins, including the last four, and two draws).
- Leonardo's side are unbeaten in their last seven league games (four wins and three draws).
- At home Pato & co. have won four of their last five games, sharing the points with Livorno.
- Chievo have managed only one win in their last six away games of this campaign, losing four.
Napoli v Fiorentina
- This will be the 120th meeting between these two sides in the top flight: the Viola lead by 49 wins to 39, with 31 draws completing the record.
- Napoli and Fiorentina have not shared a draw in their last eight Serie A meetings (five wins to the Partenopei and three to the Viola).
- Napoli are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Fiorentina at the San Paolo, and have been successful in their last three.
- Walter Mazzarri's side have failed to win a single game in the last six match-days of Serie A (four draws and two defeats).
- However, at home Napoli are unbeaten in their last 14 games, despite being held to a draw in the last four.
- The Viola have won only one of their last nine fixtures in the league, two draws and six defeats complete the record.
- Away from home, Cesare Prandelli's side are winless in their last four games (two defeats and as many draws).
- Napoli have kept a clean sheet on 12 occasions this season, a league joint-high with Inter.
Parma v Atalanta
- Parma lead by 10 wins to six in the 27 previous meetings with Atalanta in Serie A, 11 draws complete the record.
- However, the Nerazzurri have won the last three meetings with Parma in the league.
- At home, Parma have suffered only one defeat against Atalanta so far in Serie A in 13 games, in the last meeting at the Tardini in February 2008.
- Francesco Guidolin's side have managed only one win in their last 11 league games - seven defeats and three draws in the process.
- Atalanta are also on a negative run in the league: only one win in the last eight match-days and they have only picked up two points in the process.
- Bortolo Mutti's side have collected only two points from their last seven away games in the league, and have netted only three goals in the process.
Udinese v Palermo
- These two sides have met 25 times in Serie A: Palermo lead by 11 wins to eight, with six draws rounding off the record.
- Udinese have won only one of their last nine Serie A games with Palermo, three draws and five wins to the Rosanero complete the record.
- Udinese have managed only two wins in the last 13 match-days of this competition, losing seven and drawing four.
- Palermo are on a run of three consecutive wins in the league; the last time they managed four in a row was in November 2006.
- Antonio Di Natale is still the top-scorer in Serie A with 19 goals this season.