Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 14-16 Jan
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Catania - Roma
- Catania have won just two of their last 14 meetings against Roma in Serie A, with nine wins for the Giallorossi.
- Roma have scored in all of these last 14 games against the Sicilians (35 goals in total).
- Roma have picked up just two points from their last four visits to the Massimino in Serie A.
- Roma's five goals against Catania last season were scored all by players who have left the Giallorossi (Marco Borriello and Mirko Vucinic two apiece, Simone Loria one).
- Catania have won just one of their last five games; 2-0 at home in the derby against Palermo.
- Prior to that win, Catania had lost two consecutive games at home against Chievo and Cagliari.
- By defeating Chievo last Sunday, Roma have recorded three consecutive wins in the league for the first time under Luis Enrique.
- Roma have not shared the points in their last eight league games on the road (four wins and as many defeats).
- By scoring a brace against Chievo, Francesco Totti is just one goal away from equalling Nordhal (210 goals for AC Milan) as the most prolific goal scorer for a single team in Serie A.
- Simone Perrotta has already scored four goals against Catania in the top-flight, more than against any other side. He has also netted his only two braces in Serie A against the Sicilians.
- Roma are the only side to have lost all of the games in which they have been trailing (six).
Cesena - Novara
- This will be the first ever meeting between these two sides in the top-flight.
- Cesena are on a run of three consecutive defeats, the last two by 1-4.
- Cesena have the worst attack of this competition - having only scored nine goals so far.
- Only once in this campaign have Cesena scored more than a single goal; when they beat Genoa 2-0 at home.
- That victory over Genoa was also Cesena's only home win of the season in Serie A.
- Novara have conceded 32 goals so far, only Lecce (34) have shipped more this season.
- Novara are yet to keep their first clean sheet in this Serie A campaign, this despite playing 17 games.
- Novara are without a win in their last five games (two draws and three defeats).
- Away from home, Attilio Tesser's side have picked up just two points so far, fewer than any other team.
- Novara have lost their last three games on the road without scoring a single goal.
- Novara have already conceded eight headed goals; more than any other side this season in Serie A.
Chievo - Palermo
- These two sides have met 12 times in Serie A: Chievo lead the head-to-head by four wins to three, with five draws.
- Palermo have won just one of their last five league games against Chievo, losing three.
- Palermo have managed to score only two goals in their six previous visits to Chievo at the Bentegodi in the top-flight.
- Chievo have won just one of their last six Serie A fixtures, failing to score in four of these games.
- At home, Chievo have not conceded goals in their last three games (two wins and a goalless draw).
- Palermo are winless in their last five games, collecting two draws and suffering three defeats. Under new manager, Bortolo Mutti, the Rosanero have taken just one point in two games.
- Palermo are yet to win an away game in this campaign: so far they have taken just three points on the road as result of three draws.
- In their last game on the road against Novara (2-2), Palermo scored their first two away goals of the season.
Fiorentina - Lecce
- Lecce are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Fiorentina (two wins and as many draws).
- Overall, Lecce have won just twice in 12 games at Fiorentina in Serie A, with the hosts winning seven times.
- David Di Michele found the back of the net in both meetings against the Viola last season. Overall, he has bagged four goals against Fiorentina in his Serie A career.
- Fiorentina have only lost once (against Inter) over the last five Serie A match-days, winning and drawing two games.
- Fiorentina have failed to score in five of their last eight league games, but when they have scored they have netted at least two per game.
- At home the Tuscans are unbeaten in their last five games (two wins and three draws).
- Lecce have collected just one point from their last seven league games.
- In fact the 3-3 draw at Parma is the only point gained by Lecce since the appointment of new manager, Serse Cosmi.
- Lecce have the worst defence of this competition (34 goals conceded in 17 games); 13 of these goals were conceded in their last four games away from home.
- Stevan Jovetic has already scored nine goals in 14 appearances this term, after having netted eight in his previous 58 Serie A games.
Genoa - Udinese
- Udinese have managed just two wins in their last 11 meetings against Genoa in Serie A, with the Grifoni having the better eight times.
- Prior to last season's 2-4 defeat, Genoa had won five games in a row against Udinese at the Marassi in the top-flight.
- Genoa have lost back to back games conceding nine goals in total.
- Genoa have not shared a draw in their last 10 Serie A fixtures, winning four and losing six.
- At home, the Grifoni have lost just two of their last 12 fixtures, against the two clubs from Milan.
- Udinese are unbeaten in their last six games (four wins two draws).
- Udinese have picked up 35 points after the first 17 match-days: this is their best ever start to a Serie A campaign so far.
- However, away from home Guidolin's side have won just one of their last seven league games, losing two, and failing to score in four of these.
- Udinese boast the best defence of this competition - only 10 goals conceded.
- Genoa have already had six players sent off this season - a Serie A-high.
Juventus - Cagliari
- Juventus have won their last three Serie A games against Cagliari.
- The Old Lady have lost just two of their last 14 meetings against the Sardinians.
- Cagliari have had the better just once against Juventus in the last seven occasions they have hosted the Bianconeri at the Sant'Elia.
- Alessandro Matri has scored six goals over the last five meetings between these two sides in Serie A: four for the Sardinians, two for Juve.
- Matri has already bagged 16 goals in 32 league appearances since joining Juventus.
- Juventus are the only side yet to lose a game amongst teams in the top-5 European leagues (10 wins, seven draws).
- Antonio Conte's side have won their last four games played at the new Juventus Stadium, without conceding goals in the last three.
- Following a three-game winless streak in which they had not scored a single goal, Cagliari got back to winning ways last Sunday by beating Genoa.
- The Sardinians have won just one of their last five games on the road, in which they have failed to score more than a single goal.
Lazio - Atalanta
- Atalanta have recorded 29 wins (in 82 meetings) against Lazio, more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- The Nerazzurri have also scored more goals against Lazio than against any other team (103).
- Lazio have lost three of their last four games against Atalanta, scoring just one goal in the process.
- However, at the Olimpico the hosts have won four of their last five games against Atalanta, and lost just one of the last eight.
- Atalanta have scored just two goals in their last eight visits to Lazio in Serie A.
- Three of Lazio's last four goals against Atalanta in the league were netted by Tommaso Rocchi.
- Lazio are winless in their last three games, and failed to score in the last two.
- At the Olimpico though, Lazio have lost just once in their last eight games (0-1 against Juventus).
- Last Sunday against AC Milan, Atalanta suffered their first loss following a positive run of seven games (two wins and five draws).
- Away from home, Atalanta are winless in their last four games: after losing at Bologna, they drew three games in a row.
AC Milan - Inter
- This will be the 155th derby of Milan in the modern Serie A era (since 1929/30): the record sees the Nerazzurri leading by 56 wins to 49, with 49 draws completing the record.
- Overall, AC Milan and Inter have met 200 times in official competitions: the Rossoneri lead by 70 wins to 69, with 61 draws.
- These two sides have not shared a draw in their last 13 league meetings.
- Over the past three seasons there have been eight red cards in the games between AC Milan and Inter, five for the Nerazzurri and three for the Rossoneri.
- AC Milan have lost only two of the last nine derbies played as the home side, winning six.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side are unbeaten in their last 12 Serie A games (10 wins), and managed to score two or more goals in 11 of these games.
- AC Milan boast the best attack of this competition: 37 goals, 10 more than the Nerazzurri.
- By beating Parma 5-0 last Saturday, Inter have notched up five wins in a row for the first time since the departure of José Mourinho: the last time was between April and May 2010.
- Inter have scored 13 goals over their last five games, they had scored just 14 in their previous 12 fixtures.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored in each of his last six Serie A appearances (seven goals in total, five of which have been penalties).
- Dejan Stankovic has already scored six goals against AC Milan, more than against any other opponent; four of these goals came in the Milan derbies.
- Alexandre Pato has scored a goal in each of his last three derbies against Inter.
- AC Milan have been awarded the most penalties in this campaign: six, all converted by Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Napoli - Bologna
- Since their return to Serie A, Napoli have lost just once in six meetings against Bologna, winning four times.
- Bologna have won just one of their last 14 games at The San Paolo in the top-flight (5-1 in October 2000); the hosts won nine times in the process.
- Napoli have always scored in each of their last seven league games, and nine in total over their last two games.
- Napoli have lost just one game in the last eight match-days, 1-3 at home v Roma.
- Against Catania last Sunday, Bologna won their first league game following a run of three winless games (a draw and two losses).
- Bologna may not have won in their last three games on the road, however they have scored at least one goal in each of their last five away games.
- Marek Hamsik scored three goals in last season's two meetings against Bologna.
- Edison Cavani has found the net in his last two league appearances: this is the first time he has scored in back to back Serie A games since last April.
Parma - Siena
- Siena have won just one of their 12 Serie A games against Parma, the Ducali have won four and seven draws complete the record.
- In these 12 meetings between the two sides, neither has managed to score more than two goals in a game.
- Parma are unbeaten at the Tardini against Siena in the top-flight: two wins for the hosts, four draws.
- Parma are winless in their last six league games (four draws and two losses): following this negative run, manager Franco Colomba was sacked and replaced by Roberto Donadoni.
- This was the 11th manager sacked in Serie A this term, the first had been Donadoni at Cagliari before match-day 1.
- At home Parma are unbeaten in their last five games: two wins, followed by three draws.
- By beating Lazio 4-0, Siena managed their first win following a seven-game streak without a victory.
- Alongside Novara and Palermo, Siena are yet to win their first game away from home this term (four draws and as many defeats).
- Parma have conceded 24 goals in the second half, at least six more than any other side.