Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 17-18 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Catania v Cagliari
- Catania and Cagliari have met at the Massimino six times in the top flight, with the hosts winning four times - always by the same scoreline (2-1).
- In each of these six games, Cagliari have always managed to score one goal.
- Catania are still winless in this campaign so far (alongside both Atalanta and Livorno) and are on a run of four consecutive draws.
- Cagliari have picked up all of their seven points in the league away from home so far.
- The Sardinians have only conceded one goal on the road this season in four games.
- Catania are the only side of the Serie A yet to score after half time so far, with all six of their goals coming in the first half.
Chievo v Bari
- After losing on the first two match-days, Chievo have collected 11 points from the following five as result of three wins and two draws (the joint-longest unbeaten run in Serie A this term).
- Bari have failed to score in the last three league games, and have already played out three goalless draws this term.
- Bari have always shared the points away from home this season (twice at the San Siro and at the Barbera against Palermo).
- The side from Puglia have conceded the fewest fouls this term (86), picking up a league-low seven yellow cards.
Genoa v Inter
- Genoa have picked up only two points from their last five league games against Inter, scoring only two goals in the process.
- Genoa are unbeaten at home in the last six league games (four wins and two draws), scoring an average of three goals per game in the process.
- Inter have been defeated three times in their last six away games between this and last season.
- Like last season, Genoa are the most prolific side in the second half (nine goals scored), while Inter have scored the most in the league before half time (seven).
Juventus v Fiorentina
- Five of the 10 games played between Fiorentina and Juventus in Serie A since 2001 have ended in draws, with four wins to the Bianconeri and only one to the Viola.
- Juve are winless in four games in all competitions (three draws and one defeat).
- Fiorentina have collected seven points from the last three match-days (two wins and one draw).
- The Viola have kept the clean sheet in the last three league games (currently the longest run), and have not conceded a single goal in the last five games played at the Artemio Franchi in all competitions.
- Cesare Prandelli's are the only side that have yet to concede a goal in the second half this term.
Lazio v Sampdoria
- In the last nine league meetings between these two teams, both have managed to win four times with one game ending in draw.
- However, Lazio have won all of their last four games against Sampdoria at the Olimpico, conceding only one goal in total.
- Sampdoria have already scored three goals from outside the box this season - a joint league-high alongside Roma.
- Lazio's manager, Davide Ballardini, is unbeaten against Luigi Del Neri in three Serie A games (two wins and one draw).
Livorno v Palermo
- Palermo have beaten Livorno in their last four Serie A meetings, before the Tuscans' relegation to Serie B in 2007/08.
- The Sicilians have won four of their seven games played in the Serie A at Livorno's ground, with one draw and only two wins to the hosts completing this record.
- Livorno are winless from the last 19 Serie A fixtures - their last win was in 2007/08 (Livorno v Catania 1-0).
- Livorno have failed to score in their last five Serie A fixtures - the league's longest run so far this term.
AC Milan v AS Roma
- AS Roma are unbeaten against AC Milan in their last six league meetings, during which the Rossoneri have picked up only two points.
- The Giallorossi have won at the San Siro against AC Milan on the last three occasions in the league, scoring an average of two goals per game.
- AC Milan have scored only four goals this term (of which only two in the last six match-days), their lowest scoring tally at this point of the league since 1997/98.
- The Giallorossi are unbeaten in the last five matches, winning three times.
- Roma are the only side in Serie A to have scored on each fixture of this campaign (14 goals in total - a league joint-high).
- Totti has already netted six goals against AC Milan in Serie A - the last time coming in their last meeting in May.
Napoli v Bologna
- Napoli have managed to win only once in their last seven league meetings with Bologna.
- Napoli have scored one goal in each of their last four meetings against Bologna.
- Napoli are unbeaten in their last four games played at the San Paolo (three wins and one draw).
- Bologna are without a win from their last 11 away games in the Serie A.
- However, Giuseppe Papadopulo's side have managed to hold their opponent to a draw in four of their last five away fixtures in the league.
Parma v Siena
- Parma and Siena have met 10 times in the top flight, sharing the points in the majority of these games (six); with three wins to Parma and one to Siena (in the last meeting) completing their record.
- Parma are unbeaten at the Tardini against Siena in Serie A (four draws and one win).
- Parma have collected three wins and as many defeats in their last six fixtures at home in the league.
- Siena have managed only one win in their last 10 Serie A fixtures over this and last season, and have lost their last two away from home.
Udinese v Atalanta
- Udinese have won six of the last 10 Serie A meetings against Atalanta, with two wins for the Nerazzurri and as many draws being played out in the process.
- These two sides have not shared the points at the Friuli in any of their last 10 meetings - the last time they drew was in 1993/94 (0-0).
- Udinese have kept three clean sheets in their last four Serie A meetings against Atalanta.
- Pasquale Marino's side are unbeaten in the last eight league games at home (seven wins and one draw).