Italian Serie A Opta facts - 19-20 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Atalanta
- Atalanta have won in three of their last five trips to the Dall'Ara, with the hosts winning the other two.
- Bologna have won only won one of their last four league fixtures, however Franco Colomba's side have been successful in three of their last four at home.
- The point won last Sunday against Inter was Atalanta's first after two consecutive defeats against Roma and Fiorentina.
- Antonio Conte's side have lost three of their last four games on the road, without scoring a single goal.
Fiorentina v AC Milan
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last seven league games against Fiorentina, and have won the last three in a row.
- In these three games the Rossoneri have always kept a clean sheet, and in their last five meetings with the Viola they have conceded only one goal.
- Fiorentina have lost three of their last four league games.
- By losing at home last Sunday to Palermo, Milan ended their 10 game unbeaten run in the league.
- Away from home the Rossoneri are unbeaten in their last seven games in all competitions.
- Brazilian striker Pato has scored in all three Serie A games he has played against Fiorentina.
Genoa v Bari
- Genoa's last win against Bari was back in December 1991; since then there have been two wins for Bari and a draw.
- After winning their first three fixtures of this campaign, Genoa have failed to win two in a row since.
- At home, Giampiero Gasperini's side are unbeaten in their last four games, but they were held to a draw by Parma in their last match (2-2).
- Bari won their last game at home against Juve, but away from the San Nicola they have picked up only one point in their last four games.
- Genoa have conceded the joint-most goals so far (27).
Inter v Lazio
- Inter are unbeaten in their last 11 league games with Lazio, and have won six of the last seven.
- The Nerazzurri have won their last four meetings with Lazio at the San Siro; prior to this, these two sides had shared the points six times at Inter's ground.
- Inter have won only two of their last five games in the league, and have picked up only one point from their last two.
- Despite scoring only one goal in each of their last three fixtures, the Nerazzurri still have the most prolific attack in the league (35 goals).
- Inter also boast the best defence (14 goals conceded).
- Inter are unbeaten at home in their last 30 games in the league, since a 2-1 defeat against Juventus in March 2008.
- Lazio's win against Genoa last Sunday ended their 13 game winless run in the league.
Juventus v Catania
- Prior to Juventus' win back in February, the last three meetings between these two sides had all ended in a draw.
- Catania's last win against Juve in Serie A was in 1963/64; since then, the Bianconeri are unbeaten in light of seven wins and four draws.
- Catania's win in September 1963 was also the last time the Sicilians managed to score more than one goal against Juventus.
- Ciro Ferrara's side have won only three of their last six fixtures at home this term.
- Overall, Juve have lost four of their last five games in all competitions.
- Catania have picked up only two points from their last eight matches, and have lost their last three consecutive games.
- Catania's last win away from home was the derby win against Palermo last March; on main land Italy, their last success was in April 2007 (1-0 against Udinese at the Friuli).
Livorno v Sampdoria
- Livorno and Sampdoria have shared two wins each in their last four meetings in the top flight.
- Livorno are unbeaten against the Doriani in Serie A (four wins and as many draws).
- In their eight previous trips to Livorno in the top flight, the Blucerchiati have netted only two goals.
- Since the appointment of new manager, Serse Cosmi, Livorno have notched-up four wins and as many defeats.
- Sampdoria have won only one of their last seven league fixtures, four defeats and two draws complete the record.
- Luigi Del Neri's side have failed to score in five of their last six games, and conceded 13 in their last four on the road.
- Livorno have netted the fewest goals in Serie A this season (seven).
- Sampdoria have picked up only one point from their last six games on the road.
Napoli v Chievo
- Napoli and Chievo have met only twice before in the top flight, on both occasions the home side won.
- Napoli are still unbeaten since the arrival of new manager, Walter Mazzarri (four wins and five draws).
- However, the Partenopei have been held to a draw in four of their last five fixtures in Serie A.
- Chievo are on a run of three consecutive wins in the league; if they beat Napoli next Sunday they will equal their record of four consecutive wins, set in 2002.
- Napoli have scored the most goals in the second half this term (17).
Palermo v Siena
- Palermo and Siena have met 10 times before in the top flight, the Sicilians hold the head to head record with four wins to three.
- These two sides have never shared the points at the Barbera in five games.
- Palermo have won two league games since the arrival of new manager, Delio Rossi.
- The Rosanero are unbeaten in their last 14 home games in Serie A (nine wins).
- Siena have collected two wins and one defeat since Alberto Malesani replaced former manager, Marco Baroni.
- Since beating Cagliari in their first away game of the campaign, Siena have lost their ensuing six games on the road.
Roma v Parma
- Roma have won their last six meetings with Parma in the top flight.
- The Giallorossi have kept a clean sheet in their last five league meetings with Parma, and scored at least three goals in each of these games.
- These two sides last shared the points in December 2000; since then, Roma have won 12 of the ensuing 14 meetings, two wins to Parma complete the record.
- Claudio Ranieri's side are unbeaten in their last six matches, Parma are unbeaten in their last five.
- Parma have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 17 away games in Serie A.
- Roma have recouped the most points from trailing situations this season (14).
Udinese v Cagliari
- These two sides have shared the points only once in their last 18 meetings in the top flight.
- Udinese have beaten Cagliari eight times in their last nine encounters at the Friuli.
- Pasquale Marino's side have lost four of their last five league fixtures.
- Away from home the Sardinians have recorded three wins and as many defeats this term.
- The goal netted against Napoli last Saturday allowed Alessandro Matri to equal Gigi Riva, who scored in seven consecutive league games for Cagliari.
- Cagliari have lost the most points from leading situations this season (14).