Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 22-24 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta v Catania
- After losing the first four games of the season, Atalanta head coach Angelo Gragucci became the first Serie A managerial casualty of the season.
- Taking into account last season, Atalanta have managed only two wins in their last 18 league games.
- The Nerazzurri are on a run of four consecutive defeats.
- Atalanta are unbeaten at home against Catania in the top flight.
- In their 10 previous visits to Bergamo, Catania have failed to score in eight occasions.
- Catania have lost 13 of their last 17 away games in the league - three draws and only one win.
- Only two goals were scored over the last three meetings between these two sides in the top flight.
Bari v Cagliari
- Newly-promoted Bari are still unbeaten this season after four games - three draws and one win so far.
- The Sardinians have picked up only two points from their last seven away games in Serie A, and have kept only one clean sheet in the process.
- Cagliari have defeated Bari only twice in their last 12 Serie A meetings, five wins going to Bari and as many draws complete the record.
- Bari are unbeaten at home against Cagliari in the top flight.
Bologna v Livorno
- Livorno have only managed one win in their last 23 Serie A fixtures.
- Livorno's only win at Bologna in the top flight came in 1942 (2-1).
- Bologna are still waiting for their first win of the season after two draws and as many defeats in the first four match-days.
- Bologna have not scored in the league since Osvaldo's strike in the opening game of the season.
- The Tuscans have managed to net only one goal in their first four fixtures (Cristiano Lucarelli's against Napoli).
Fiorentina v Sampdoria
- Sampdoria have won four straight matches for the first time since 1996/97.
- Samp's midfielder Daniele Mannini has scored three goals in as many appearances this season.
- Cesare Prandelli's side have won seven of their last eight home games between this and last season with just one loss.
- Luigi Del Neri's side have been the most prolific so far, bagging 10 goals.
- Cesare Prandelli and Luigi Del Neri have met 12 times in Serie A: Del Neri has won only once, Prandelli eight times, and there have been three draws.
Genoa v Juventus
- Genoa have won six of their last eight home games in the league.
- The Grifoni were the last side to beat Juventus in the league, last April.
- Juventus are on a run of six consecutive wins in the league between this and last season, and have conceded only one goal in the process.
- Juve have taken all three points in seven of their last 10 away games, including the last three.
- Genoa have already scored three goals from the penalty spot this term - a league-high.
Inter v Napoli
- Inter's last defeat at home was in 2007/08, when they were beaten 2-1 by Juventus.
- Since the beginning of last season Inter have failed to score only once in the league.
- Diego Milito has netted four goals in four appearances for Inter this term, after netting 24 in 31 with Genoa last season.
- Inter have won all of their last six meetings with Napoli at the San Siro.
- Napoli's last win at Inter's ground was in December 1994.
- Napoli have picked up only three points in their last 16 away fixtures in the league.
Lazio v Parma
- Parma have won only one of their last 42 away league games.
- Parma have only twice won at the Olimpico against Lazio in Serie A: 3-2 in 2003 and 2-1 in 1998.
- Parma have failed to score in eight of their last nine visits to Lazio in Serie A.
- The Biancazzurri have shared the points only once in their last 11 home games in the league.
- Lazio's striker, Argentinean Julio Cruz, has scored three of his side's four goals this term.
Palermo v Roma
- Palermo's last defeat at home was in the derby against Catania last March (0-4); since then the Rosanero have picked up 20 points at the Barbera, thanks to six wins and two draws.
- Palermo have beaten Roma only twice in the last 10 meetings at the Barbera; one of these two wins was last season (3-1).
- Roma have failed to score away from home only once in 2009 (in a defeat against Atalanta last February).
- Roma have kept only one clean sheet in their last 16 league fixtures (0-0 against Chievo).
Siena v Chievo
- Siena have lost the last three consecutive games at home between this and last season.
- These two sides have met 10 times in the top flight, and drawn only once so far.
- Chievo have failed to score only once in these meetings.
- Domenico Di Carlo's side have won the last two games in the league, scoring five goals in total.
- Marco Giampaolo's side have conceded nine goals this season - the most in Serie A alongside Catania.
Udinese v AC Milan
- After shipping four goals in the derby defeat to Inter, AC Milan have kept two clean sheets in the following two fixtures (drawing with Livorno and beating Bologna).
- Six of Udinese's seven goals this season were netted by current Serie A top-scorer, Antonio Di Natale.
- Udinese have managed only two wins at home against AC Milan in the last 10 seasons, losing to the Rossoneri on seven occasions.
- Pasquale Marino's side are unbeaten in their last six home games between this and last season - five wins and one draw in the process.
- Udinese have scored an average of four goals per game in their last three at home (12 in total).