Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 24-25 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Sampdoria - Bologna
- The last time Bologna won at Marassi was back in the 1997/98 season, 3-2.
- In their last 10 visits to Sampdoria, Bologna have recorded two wins, three draws and five defeats.
- Sampdoria are on a 13 game unbeaten run at home, with their last defeat coming last January against Palermo.
- Half of the 10 goals conceded by Bologna this term have been netted in the last 30 minutes.
- Bologna became the fifth Serie A club to change manager when Franco Colomba replaced Giuseppe Papadopulo following last week's defeat at Napoli.
Inter - Catania
- Inter have won 11 times and drawn once in their home league encounters against Catania and never failed to score.
- In the last seven league encounters against the Sicilian side, Inter have scored a total of 21 goals.
- Inter's last home defeat came against Juventus in March 2008, 26 games ago.
- Catania are unbeaten in the last five Serie A matches, registering four draws and one win.
- Inter, so far, boast the best attack in Serie A, with 19 goals scored, and the best defence along with Fiorentina and Bari (five goals conceded).
Atalanta - Parma
- The record between these two sides at Bergamo in the top flight is very even, with four wins each and five draws.
- The last time Parma won away against Atalanta was back in April 2001, 1-0.
- Atalanta have not won a home league game in the last seven months, since the 2-0 victory over Torino in March.
- Parma have won just once in their last 25 Serie A away fixtures.
- Atalanta have scored just one goal in their last four home Serie A games.
Bari - Lazio
- In the last 10 Serie A encounters between these two sides, Lazio won seven times with the other three games drawn.
- Bari's last home win in Serie A against Lazio came all the way back on 26/02/1950, 2-1.
- Lazio have not won in the last six league matches, with their last win away at Chievo coming in the second week of the season.
- Bari have drawn five of the eight games played so far this term and lost only once.
- The southern Italian side have not scored in half of their league games played so far this season.
Cagliari - Genoa
- In the last 10 Serie A meetings between these two sides, Cagliari have won four times and Genoa three.
- Genoa have conceded the most goals so far, 16.
- Cagliari have lost their last three home league fixtures.
- Cagliari have yet to concede a goal in the first 30 minutes of play in their games this season.
- Genoa have kept just one clean sheet in their last 16 Serie A games.
Fiorentina - Napoli
- These two teams have not shared the points in the last seven Serie A meetings - Fiorentina won three times and Napoli four.
- In the last nine home league games against Napoli, the Viola have always scored and have won seven of these games (lost only once).
- Napoli's last away win came a year ago - 1-0 against Lazio on 26/10/08.
- Napoli have lost their last five away league matches, shipping 14 goals in the process.
- In the eight previous encounters between managers Cesare Prandelli and Walter Mazzarri, the latter has never won, drawing four and losing four.
Palermo - Udinese
- Udinese have collected just one point from their last four Serie A visits to Palermo.
- In the last five Serie A league meetings between these two sides, both teams have always scored, giving this fixture an average goals-per-game of more than three.
- Palermo are unbeaten in 10 league home matches with their last defeat coming in March in the derby against Catania.
- Udinese's Antonio Di Natale is Serie A top scorer with nine goals (Udinese have scored a total of 12).
- Palermo's Fabrizio Miccoli has attempted the most shots so far, 25.
Roma - Livorno
- The last three league games between these two sides have ended with the same score line, 1-1.
- Livorno have won in Rome against the Giallorossi in the top flight only once, in February 1947.
- Roma have scored in each of the last 14 league matches.
- Livorno have scored just two goals in eight games, a league-low.
- On Sunday, Serse Cosmi will make his debut as Livorno manager.
- Livorno have not won a single game in their last 20 Serie A fixtures.
Siena - Juventus
- Juventus have won nine of the 10 games played against Siena in Serie A.
- Juventus have scored three goals at Siena in four of their last five visits to the Franchi stadium.
- Siena have not won in their last five home league matches.
- Juventus' defeat at Palermo in their last away game was their first with no goals scored after 15 consecutive away matches where the Bianconeri found the back of the net.
- Ciro Ferrara made his debut as Juventus manager last year in this same fixture and oversaw a 4-0 win.
Chievo - Milan.
- Chievo have won twice in Serie A against Milan in 14 attempts, both at Verona.
- Milan have won in four of their last five league visits to the Bentegodi stadium.
- Chievo have lost just once in their last six league matches, last week against Bari.
- Milan have scored one goal in their last three away league fixtures.
- The Rossoneri haven't been very lucky either, hitting the woodwork a league-high six times.